Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i was looking at Lowry's statistics, and I didn't realize he has been a 40% shooter from behind the arc the last 2 seasons. Back when he came to Houston, he averaged 27% the first two seasons. I knew he had gotten into the mid 30s, but never expected him to be a 40% shooter. And thats with his attempts dramatically increased. Pretty impressive improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
But but he wouldnt help the Twolves at all lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Rockets have been trying to pry Rubio away for like a decade and that's all it takes to get him?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

IcePhoenix posted:

Ah yes noted free throw expert rajon rondo

Free Throw percentage will feel slightly less important when you're in the playoffs this coming post-season and you're not depending on getting to the line for your points :getin:

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

:siren: !FIRST ROUND POUND! :siren:

Ratzinc posted:

Aldridge will join David West and Rodman and be the only 3 dudes who didn't like playing for the Spurs.
https://twitter.com/D_West30/status/742034383092191234

RJefferson loved playing with the Spurs so much he tried to rejoin them mid-game, received the loudest reaction in Tim Duncan's emotional history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg9n8ou1Dw

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ricky :(

Tae posted:

Remember that one time when Shabazz was considered a top 5 pick.

He's still an NBA player and over-achieved vs where they picked him. He's probably worth right around the QO, but it probably doesn't make sense for the Wolves to be the ones to pay it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I wouldn't mind the Bulls taking a flyer on Shabazz Muhammad

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

But but he wouldnt help the Twolves at all lmao

Literally no one has said that. There is a 10 year gap between him and KAT, that's a legit thing to consider.

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't mind the Bulls taking a flyer on Shabazz Muhammad

That would be a decent place for him. He's a super weird player but a lot of fun.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

First Round Pound

New thread title plz

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Morey said earlier the Rockets plan on meetings with a few free agents tonight in LA, then heading east tomorrow to meet with people. I don't really have any idea who he is targeting, so this should be fun

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

The Rockets have been trying to pry Rubio away for like a decade and that's all it takes to get him?

They were waiting for Lowry!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kats going to be good for like 16 more years

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/880902006906507264

Also:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...mpaign=NYDNSpor

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pacers should sign Rondo so they get two alphas with him and Lance.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Pacers should sign Rondo so they get two alphas with him and Lance.

I read somewhere that they were interested in him, so maybe KP is thinking the same thing!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Which team is going to have the most alphas next season?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

All that goes to Lowry

And thats the Wolves roster for the foreseeable future

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

New thread title plz

I'm told Minnesota will be get a 2018 first-round pound for Ian Sjumpert

edit: Minnesota will be get a

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 30, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wish they would've dumped his contract with a pick to the Lakers for DLo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's better than starting Exum but Rubio is such an awful fit for Utah's roster.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers don't want dlo. Fultz is better. Probably.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

It's better than starting Exum but Rubio is such an awful fit for Utah's roster.

Yeah wasn't the reason that Hill worked so well last year is because he was deadeye from outside? Not really sure how this helps the Jazz all that much, maybe it hoodwinks Hayward into staying and it's all worth it though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They didn't spend much for him he could be a backup

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Carlosologist posted:

who's even available that can fill Iguodala's role on the Warriors if he leaves? I guess they can promote McCaw into those sixth man minutes but that's still a downgrade

No. and they'd be left with no Lebron Sized Humans except Draymond and that is not an ideal use of Dray. It's a big blow (provided this means he's likely to leave, which given his cryptic earlier comments seems likely) but luckily for them they have a long way to fall

So Orland still doesn't have a plan, cool cool that's great 😁

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/880899047313219584

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress off rondo

who could have seen the Three Alphas Era ending like this aside from basically everyone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lol well then

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my vets

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah wasn't the reason that Hill worked so well last year is because he was deadeye from outside? Not really sure how this helps the Jazz all that much, maybe it hoodwinks Hayward into staying and it's all worth it though

And he could play off ball really well although that being an issue depends on getting Hayward back. But yeah Rubio on a team that already struggled with spacing seems real bad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Really looking forward to midnight

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

Sixers don't want dlo. Fultz is better. Probably.
Probably but I'd rather have him than Redick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thibs kicking the tires on his celebrated former point guard that's right i'm talking about the captain kirk hinrich, we reached out to hinrich for this story but we couldn't reach him because his house is an enormous web of compression sleeves where hinrich sits at the center, sensitive to the slightest vibration before he strikes with a sneaky elbow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I really hope Utah keeps diaw so we can see some sick Rubio Boris lineups

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NickRoweFillea posted:

Really looking forward to midnight

:same:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/880906555092283392

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that is not Kyle Lowry

I want to see the Timberwolves of all people land the best players from two other teams during the off season. that's some Warriors/Spurs/Rockets/Lebron poo poo.

and then i want them to apologize to KG while I'm asking for moderately unrealistic things

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jeff Teague is my favorite "PG that people think is better than he actually is"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

whoa that means some other team will offer him like 15m

not sure if I'd call a 27 year old "fast developing" but whatever, the final O in his name instead of a typical A makes him easily worth the cash

WhyteRyce posted:

Jeff Teague is my favorite "PG that people think is better than he actually is"

He's easily among the top 16 starting PGs in the league

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Ricky :nyoron:

Also, I'm not sure I'd rather have Teague over Rubio

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Jeff Teeg could gently caress it all up. terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves