Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

What a neat looking cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

I'd go for this idiot in a heartbeat but she doesn't like other cats.

Is that Cynthia? She's a crazy goober.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Boogalo posted:

Gus Gus is 16lbs of cuddles. Until he doesn't want them any more and bites.

I love Gus Gus's weird face. I see he's got an eartip off; is he an ex-TNR?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Geolicious posted:

Is that Cynthia? She's a crazy goober.

Of course.

Antivehicular posted:

I love Gus Gus's weird face. I see he's got an eartip off; is he an ex-TNR?

That's lavinia, Gus Gus is the big grey beast. But yeah, we have good tnr programs here and sometimes up to half the shelter cats are former clients. Lavinia was adopted 6-7 years ago but her owner moved somewhere they couldn't have cats and had to give her up. I think that face is a british shorthair trait.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I was really worried about Esme not forgiving me, especially after another six hour car ride. However, once she got settled in, she was right back to her former purrful self. She's decided she likes me again and wants to get pets from me when I'm in the kitchen.

I think being in my parents' laundry room was just very stressful for her because she didn't have a lot of room to run around or hide. I wish I had a better place for them to go when I'm deployed.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
My oldest daughter went to camp yesterday, and since the kittens will be returned to the SPCA before she gets home we got some photos with her.

Here's Sasha:

Malia:

LaVaughn:

The shape of LaVaughn's eyes makes her look perpetually sad or disappointed, it's hilarious.

I haven't gotten much video because the kids have been kinda slacking on keeping their room cleaned up- still a kitten-safe environment, but the baskets of unfolded laundry and the backpacks from the end of the school year that haven't been cleaned out yet are taking up a lot of unsightly space. I'll try to get a little bit before the kittens go back for their surgery and transition to a forever home on Wednesday.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
welp.

people are still dreadful at least a kitten and one larger one (hopefully momma) got dumped on my street this evening. it was in the woods and black, so really couldnt keep up with em :smithfrog: didnt want to scare em too far off so we put out a bit of food :/

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Today is Milly's adoptaversary.

Day 1
]

Day 6 This is still her favorite spot.

Day 8

Month 2

Month 8

Year 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2D72j_fx8

:refurb: is my life now and this is fine. Here's the whole album. https://flic.kr/s/aHskEe5NrG

Now I'm thinking about getting her a friend.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Two cats is the perfect number of cats, because it helps keep them occupied and happy when you're not around.

If you do adopt another kitty, be prepared for Millie to not be very happy at first. She might not like some intruder on her territory. But she'll likely come around in time once she's had time to get used to the idea.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So in the continuing saga of Tibi. I took him to a different vet for a second opinion, turns out its Stomatis, not a super bad case but still bad, other problem is the infection in his gums moved to his jaw bone causing Ostiomelitis, still not super awful but bad, he got a round of injections to help and he's on alternating antibiotics for a good month, then back to the vet and most likely removal of teeth.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Poor Tibi. I hope you're able to give him all the scritches he wants.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
We're taking care of our friend's 3-month-old kitten Smew for a week.

Our own 10-year-old cat, Charlie, seems to be a bit wary of her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:neckbeard:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

smilingfish posted:

We're taking care of our friend's 3-month-old kitten Smew for a week.

Our own 10-year-old cat, Charlie, seems to be a bit wary of her.

Charlie's a good soul to try being friends/tolerating a kitten.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

She's spring-loaded!

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

business hammocks posted:

Charlie's a good soul to try being friends/tolerating a kitten.

Charlie seems to like Smew. When we put them together, he immediately walks over and sniffs at her, then starts licking her face. Smew will then roll over and grab Charlie's head.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Smew had to go home today, but I got a few more pictures of her before that.

Her interactions with Charlie seem to fall into two categories.

Category 1: All out war

Category 2: All out love

Also, Smew was very glad we still haven't put away the Christmas tree.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Charlie is a good cat uncle.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Picked up our newest foster today- Rory, a 1-week old kitten. I'll get some photos or video up once we get our poo poo together and do a better job of bottle feeding, cause right now we kinda suck at it. Don't get me wrong, she got fed, but it was a struggle.

e: here's the peanut in question:

That's her contented sleep after slurping down 6mL of KMR. We just needed to improve our technique and give her a syringe since she apparently hates all nipples.

Marchegiana fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 7, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Somewhat related and too amusing to not crosspost.

muscles like this! posted:

Something pretty fantastic I found online today.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the kittens of AFK Cat Rescue in Huntsville Alabama. They were all named by a neural network.

"Parihen the Thawk: This guy was surrendered to an animal shelter after he hitched a ride in the engine of a car. He had a dislocated leg but it’s healing well with rest. He’s shy, tiny and misses his bff who is in the hospital right now for her much worse injuries. He’s got a lot of energy and loves to show off his belly."

"Jexley Pickle - This little girl is a hoot and a half. She’s full of energy, bounce and comedy. She loves to nurse on ear lobes and finger tips. She’s about 6 weeks old and was found after being chased up a tree by a dog. "

"Mag Jeggles - When you touch him he rattles from head to tail with purrs. He’s so sweet. He was simply too young to be made available for adoption, and was rescued from a shelter that could not care for him."

"Snox Boops - He was in a room with a lot of kittens that were too small to place up for adoption and even much smaller than the others in the room. When you pick him up he capsizes in your hands and starts purring. He’s got a huge voice and a huge demand for love and attention. "

"Mumcake - She was brought into a shelter as a stray, but she was too young for adoption and if she wasn’t pulled by rescue she would have been subject for euthanasia. She’s adorable, loving, outgoing and shoots sunshine right out of her butt. (Sunshine ejection not shown; you have AFK’s word for it.)"

"Tilly Mapper - This little girl also took a ride in a car engine and her rear leg was nearly completely severed as a result. She’s been stitched up but she’s had an infection set in. She is only around 8 weeks old and she’s in very poor body condition from having tried to make it on the streets. We hospitalized her yesterday and she’s doing much better. We hope to have her back to foster home by Friday."

And the big D...

Big Wiggy Bool - He is a doll-faced persian that was surrendered to a kill shelter when his family could not take him on their cross country move. He’s five years old and has obviously been doted on. He’s super affectionate, very easy going and a talker! He’s been recently groomed and trimmed up by Robyn Warner with Goin to the Dogs and Cats Mobile Grooming Service. And he loves belly rubs. Rubbing that fluffy, soft belly is an experience so wonderful it can only be discussed in breathless whispers.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's incredible and I love it more than words (neural network generated or not) can accurately express.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
SNOX BOOPS! :catstare:

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Gotta give it to the neural network for Snox Boops too. That is really cute and it feels kind of appropriate for a cat?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Crosspostin'

Went unofficial cat petting after work yesterday.

That last one is Zylla, she's adorable but was on timeout for being a jerk. I might still adopt her, was on limited time yesterday. My cat had a checkup today and needs 2 teeth removed for resorbtion. I think it would be lovely if she came home and there was intruder.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I know some of those kitty people. I MISS THEM!

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Got a video of feeding our bottle baby. We get to repeat this fun every three hours. I'm really looking forward to when her eyes open in hopes that she won't be so clueless about where the food is at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnfjE1ne70A

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Marchegiana posted:

Got a video of feeding our bottle baby. We get to repeat this fun every three hours. I'm really looking forward to when her eyes open in hopes that she won't be so clueless about where the food is at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnfjE1ne70A

:3:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Geolicious posted:

I know some of those kitty people. I MISS THEM!

Cynthia rolled over in her spot on the tree and let me pet her belly. Apparently this was amazing and the volunteer on watch ran to get a camera, but the festivities ended with a hiss after about 30 seconds (not unexpectedly) so the opportunity for video was missed. I'd adopt her if she somehow started getting along with other cats.

I'm there enough that I'm on a first name basis with a couple of the volunteers and getting pressure to join up the official cat petting cult, but I can't dedicate that much scheduled time still.

Edit: went back today. Only got a couple of punctures.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 10, 2017

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Lots of good beans and people in this thread as usual.

I owe you all a buttery update. You guys, he's down to 17.5 pounds.

We're so happy with his progress! It almost makes the relentless whining for food worth it. Not really, but almost. He is such a pain in the rear end. But of course, he's still sweet and loveable, just you know horrible and the worst. /cats.txt

Here is in the backyard, lookin' slightly less cherruby than usual:

Watching movies with me:

Trying to get my nose:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Lookin' good! Are you still using the food maze, or has he annihilated it yet?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Lookin' good! Are you still using the food maze, or has he annihilated it yet?

We still use it every day. I imagine once we're able to shift him to wet food, which should hopefully be around when he hits 15 or so, we'll have to get away from that. But for now, he has to fight for his food.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Chili posted:

We still use it every day. I imagine once we're able to shift him to wet food, which should hopefully be around when he hits 15 or so, we'll have to get away from that. But for now, he has to fight for his food.

Excellent :) Has he figured it out yet?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Need more pics of the food maze

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Chili posted:

But for now, he has to fight for his food.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Night Danger Moose posted:

I'll take another video of him using it tonight. He's definitely improved his skillz.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
By the way, Chili, in your last tweet from Butters, the video link was wrong. It's the "Edit Video" link instead of the URL for sharing it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JackMann posted:

By the way, Chili, in your last tweet from Butters, the video link was wrong. It's the "Edit Video" link instead of the URL for sharing it.

Oh, thanks

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Night Danger Moose posted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expj8nY5U30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed