Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm trying to put out as many feelers as I can cause I rarely get a ton of time to play. Could I get 7 goons to help me crunch one (or both I guess) of the new EX primals? In-game name is Quiorra Son. Shoot me a message on Discord or a Tell or whatever, I'll be here all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're already playing a FF MMO. You don't need to play a much much worse one.

Actually FF12 is insanely good.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Reiterpallasch posted:

ff12 izjs is, in fact, good

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Maybe we will be getting cosmetic tie in stuff :pray:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I'm trying to put out as many feelers as I can cause I rarely get a ton of time to play. Could I get 7 goons to help me crunch one (or both I guess) of the new EX primals? In-game name is Quiorra Son. Shoot me a message on Discord or a Tell or whatever, I'll be here all day.

i'll ask if anyone wants primal help in fc when i get on, which might not be for some hours

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't think I've ever target locked voluntarily in this game. Is it a melee class thing?

It used to be so that melee could keep hitting their auto attacks while moving for positionals, but then they fixed that and now it's only a thing broke brains do cause it cripples your movement for no benefit.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Lemon King posted:

Character gen stuff

This is from a few pages back, but I want to mention it's kind of frustrating that our character generator isn't more robust. Specifically I mean ours, as in what we have access to as players. There are plenty of NPCs with very unique facial shapes and features that aren't available. Yotsuyu is one good example, as she has many unique features.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I've never been more relieved that I transferred away from Mateus :stonk:

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
I mean apart from being overly dramatic that's a pretty reasonable post. Housing has always been first come, first serve. That they're big housing mogul fish in a small server pond is irrelevant.

What I want to see is the OF(?)/Reddit drama that sparked that primmadonna reply.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0pH4RCCMdM

I always knew this day would come.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

:yeah:

Vorless
Oct 30, 2007

The video is titled Monster Factory but they don't even have male Au Ra unlocked :thunk:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm ashamed to admit that I one-run'd Susano Extreme with full Slaying right-sides on my tank.

It's shameful because the picture of the future this paints is awful. People are going to have issues in DPS checks when the actual raid content rolls in and tanks are going to respond with "lemme put on my i270 accessories" and get mashed into the loving ground by every tank buster. Even with full Fending on my WAR with the maximum possible HP in the game, Susano EX's Stormsplitter does 95% of my HP without cooldowns, which may as well be instant death because of the auto-attack that immediately shaves off the rest (and because most pubbie tanks I've ran with don't have the sense to Provoke during Stormsplitter's cast bar instead of after). Future bosses are going to hit several magnitudes harder.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 1, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Can anyone identify the skirt for me? Everything else i think i know (or know something close enough).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Had a dumb moment in a run of Balsears Wall today, died on the first pull because i saw the chain effect from those little drones amd assumed "oh sweet the dragoon is throwing that eye ability on me, cool!" Died in the middle of Armys Peon buff because we had a Monk instead of a Drg :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is there a suitable top/bottom/heels OL glamour set?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

a kitten posted:

Can anyone identify the skirt for me? Everything else i think i know (or know something close enough).

edit: no never mind I have no idea and am dumb

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

a kitten posted:

Man, that is one nier:automata looking glam.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

a kitten posted:

It's the 310 casting skirt you get for Verity tomestones. It's a good skirt, and gender-agnostic!

The only thing I don't like about it is the unfortunate weird gap in the front, which is strategically covered by the robe if you fully gear up:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I made a RDM glam. Its alright I guess.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

With the change to allow characters to have two jobs instead of one it's gonna be even better.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

It's the 310 casting skirt you get for Verity tomestones. It's a good skirt, and gender-agnostic!

Oh hell yes.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Man, that is one nier:automata looking glam.

Exactly!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BrightWing posted:

I made a RDM glam. Its alright I guess.

No Red. No garish feathered hat.

0/10. VerFailure.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Galaga Galaxian posted:

0/10. VerFailure.

It's a persona 5 cosplay

Also there is red in it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
as i'm starting to level, why the gently caress are they giving drgs so much skill speed when it barely does anything for us at all

Duncecap
Jul 30, 2003

can someone explain what the hooking thing means on ff14angler? can see it here if you scroll down: http://ff14angler.com/?spot=10604&fish=0&bait=0&cmd=search bunch of green and red rectangles.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

0/10. VerFailure.

I am specifically rolling with the RDM AF3 sword for a bit more red!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Eopia posted:

It used to be so that melee could keep hitting their auto attacks while moving for positionals, but then they fixed that and now it's only a thing broke brains do cause it cripples your movement for no benefit.

Circle strafing with the camera lock *looks* cooler than walking in straight lines through the target's hitbox. :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Duncecap posted:

can someone explain what the hooking thing means on ff14angler? can see it here if you scroll down: http://ff14angler.com/?spot=10604&fish=0&bait=0&cmd=search bunch of green and red rectangles.

That's definitely a new feature, and it looks like it's the time it takes to hook a certain fish. So for example with a pill bug on your line, it would take 14 seconds to hook an ocean cloud and 15 seconds to hook a merlthor goby.

Duncecap
Jul 30, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

That's definitely a new feature, and it looks like it's the time it takes to hook a certain fish. So for example with a pill bug on your line, it would take 14 seconds to hook an ocean cloud and 15 seconds to hook a merlthor goby.

that looks about right, thanks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Now that I've got my RDM situated pretty good I'm looking to level up something else. I've got WAR50 from the ARR days, is there a decent guide on this strange new WAR world I'm tempted to try out again, alternatively I'm thinking of trying DRK, anything useful there for a newbie?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

SL the Pyro posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I one-run'd Susano Extreme with full Slaying right-sides on my tank.

It's shameful because the picture of the future this paints is awful. People are going to have issues in DPS checks when the actual raid content rolls in and tanks are going to respond with "lemme put on my i270 accessories" and get mashed into the loving ground by every tank buster. Even with full Fending on my WAR with the maximum possible HP in the game, Susano EX's Stormsplitter does 95% of my HP without cooldowns, which may as well be instant death because of the auto-attack that immediately shaves off the rest (and because most pubbie tanks I've ran with don't have the sense to Provoke during Stormsplitter's cast bar instead of after). Future bosses are going to hit several magnitudes harder.
How do you hit the ilvl requirement with 270 right side? Is the game actually dumb enough to let you queue in gear that meets the requirement and then switch out once you get into the duty?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

How do you hit the ilvl requirement with 270 right side? Is the game actually dumb enough to let you queue in gear that meets the requirement and then switch out once you get into the duty?

It does, yes. It's pretty annoying when people do it.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

It does, yes. It's pretty annoying when people do it.

That seems like a bug/exploit which will be patched eventually, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jalapeno_dude posted:

Only if it starts being a problem. It's been pretty benign so far but if harassment starts because of people equipping or not equipping i270 jewelry they'll fix it in the next patch

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SL the Pyro posted:

only bad tanks get creamed. good tanks are going to do what they've always done. pop invul, tank swap, pop invul, swap, pop needed cooldowns, swap, pop needed cooldowns, swap, repeat forever. This works on every fight in the entire game. every single one, you never run out of cooldowns between tanks. take susie ex as a learning opportunity for getting used to this, and then do it on other fights even when the tank busters don't force a tank swap.

now I'll agree the str change is bad and the devs should feel bad for changing it, but it just means we're back (for now) to gordias style tanking. If you skipped that era (good on you) then may I welcome you to the world of hp thresholds. take only what you need to survive and nothing more. christ though is it a dub loving thing to change and i hope when they see that everyone's calling and using the 270 slaying stuff as bis for literally the entire expac, they get off their butt and change it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

jalapeno_dude posted:

lol

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

For the record the official racial slur list for Eorzea:

Lalafell: Potato, tater, spuds.

Please don't use any other when insulting your tank for the 27th time or you won't be lore accurate.

Because they're short and eat a lot?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how much warning do we think we'll get on kugane housing? it's not happening Tuesday, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how much warning do we think we'll get on kugane housing? it's not happening Tuesday, right?

It's actually happening right now!