Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I got Vaan's LMR on my dollar pull and I have no other good relics for him to make it worthwhile. I just have his SSB that's an atk debuff for a target and an atk buff for himself. Good times.

Vaan is still a capable debuffer without his other relics, he just gets extra long Breakdowns so you can have him RW an offensive BSB or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Went with 1 pull on FF6 because I saw Celes's BSB is a Runic and I still don't have anything for her.

2/11 - Legend Materia Relics for Celes and Relm.

Was a little saddened by those results until I saw that Celes's cape boosts holy damage and has +17 atk on it. A nice upgrade from the White Mage Robe(III) Orlandu has been using. :toot:

AegisP posted:

July 4th.

Wonderful. :patriot:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

Raijin 71 with Lifesiphon/filler and his BSB
Garnet 71 with proshellga and her BSB2
Lightning 76 with Lifesiphon/filler and her OSB, BSB2
Irvine 68 with Full Break/Magic Breakdown and his hyperbreak SSB
Cid 72 with Lifesiphon X2 and his OSB, SSB

And yeah I've been relying on Soul Breaks to be my damage dealers it's just I have nothing to deal with diabolical whistle and it's ultimate variant so I just pray to the RNG gods. Doesn't help my 6 synergy is non existent.

Edit: RW wall

Oh, okay, sorry for the basic advice then. I'm kind of surprised you're having trouble, but it looks like you're missing a real medica. Garnet is kind of one, but might not be sufficient, and it looks like you don't have a way to deal with the statuses. Do you have enough orbs to craft Ultra Cure? Do you have any other Medicas you could be using?

I would probably rearrange your team to have Lightning and Cid's OSBs being the primary damage, Irvine on Support, Garnet (whose CMDs are summons and don't trigger counters, I think), and then someone with a medica and Ultra Cure/Esuna/something to help your sustain. But if Irvine is stacking 3 debuffs (Penta/FB/MBD) and you've got mitigation up I'm not sure how it's hitting you so hard.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Raijin 71 with Lifesiphon/filler and his BSB
Garnet 71 with proshellga and her BSB2
Lightning 76 with Lifesiphon/filler and her OSB, BSB2
Irvine 68 with Full Break/Magic Breakdown and his hyperbreak SSB
Cid 72 with Lifesiphon X2 and his OSB, SSB

And yeah I've been relying on Soul Breaks to be my damage dealers it's just I have nothing to deal with diabolical whistle and it's ultimate variant so I just pray to the RNG gods. Doesn't help my 6 synergy is non existent.

Edit: RW wall

Do you not have any hastega? Since you have Irvine doing a lot of breaking, you might consider bringing Tyro USB as a RW instead of Wall. That would give you hastega and astra (blocks one status that would have landed) for your whole team, plus 2000 HP stock and instant cast 2 for whoever summons it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

Do you not have any hastega? Since you have Irvine doing a lot of breaking, you might consider bringing Tyro USB as a RW instead of Wall. That would give you hastega and astra (blocks one status that would have landed) for your whole team, plus 2000 HP stock and instant cast 2 for whoever summons it.

The HP stock is for the whole team. It's a great sb because it does just enough of everything to make it always useful.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The HP stock is for the whole team. It's a great sb because it does just enough of everything to make it always useful.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. Point is, it's a pretty good choice for that fight.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Finally got sephiroth down with powerchained walls following each dispel and every damage dealing ability in my team also providing some sort of unique break debuff. Man that fight was rough.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Did an 11x pull on XII banner 1 because holy poo poo zero dupes

4/11, Basch BSB, Vaan LMR, Balthier SSB, Reks SSB :toot:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Oh, okay, sorry for the basic advice then. I'm kind of surprised you're having trouble, but it looks like you're missing a real medica. Garnet is kind of one, but might not be sufficient, and it looks like you don't have a way to deal with the statuses. Do you have enough orbs to craft Ultra Cure? Do you have any other Medicas you could be using?

I would probably rearrange your team to have Lightning and Cid's OSBs being the primary damage, Irvine on Support, Garnet (whose CMDs are summons and don't trigger counters, I think), and then someone with a medica and Ultra Cure/Esuna/something to help your sustain. But if Irvine is stacking 3 debuffs (Penta/FB/MBD) and you've got mitigation up I'm not sure how it's hitting you so hard.

I can craft Ultra Cure, as for true medicas I've got Larsa! Which means I can split proshellga. As for why he hit me hard all I can think of is that everything wore before that last hit even the debuffs becuase that last saintly light hit everyone hit everyone around 5000 up to almost 7000.

Schwartzcough posted:

Oh nice, thank you all for the advice!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I just cleared like 50 people who hadn't logged in for months from my followers list. If you need a Shout RW with 282 mind hit me up on zYgB

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Bleh. 3/22 on FF12.

Vaan USB. Then Vaan USB and Balthier SSB.

Trade someone a USB for a LMR.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Managed to take down Sephiroth on my 3rd attempt. First attempt I realized I made a mistake in party setup and let him wipe me out, 2nd was a S/L and 3rd was the victory in 1:13.52. Second time I've had to use Deployment Tactics as my primary source of damage(The first was Nemesis)

Party was:
Tyro with SG/Keeper's Tome(though I don't think I used Tome), Mako Might
Faris with Beryl Serpent, Dr. Mog's
Alph with Deployment Tactics/Aerial Blast, Ace Striker
OK with Vessel of Fate/Sword and Spell, Battleforge
Vanille with Transcendent Dream, Knight's Charge
RW: Eiko USB.

I can't imagine doing it without at least one source of an instant-medica though. Both Transcendent Dream and the RW saved my rear end.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Had just enough mythril to make a single 11-pull, so decided to go for XII.

1/11, Vaan SSB.

drat. I mean it's the best of the SSB-relics, but I just pulled Yuffie's USB recently, so that's a better source of the ATK/DEF break unless I really need to break multiple targets.

Three more weeks for the event so I could probably save up for another pull, but I'm not sure how much I'm willing to gun just for three relics on the banner (Vaan USB/LMR and Reks BSB).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I can't imagine doing it without at least one source of an instant-medica though. Both Transcendent Dream and the RW saved my rear end.

This is why Ramza's USB saved my rear end. So many instant Aslyums & Prayers of the Lost, all of them needed.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shantotto Chain! Do I give her the witch lightning skills? I also have Kain lightning BSB and Orlandeu OSB to finish off the chain.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Championed Sephiroth with the Deployment Tactics strategy. Used what seems to be a pretty common build with Alph, Vaan, Tyro, Selphie (USB) and Vanille (BSB).

My imperil-lightning strategy for Bahamut wasn't even close to working, back to the drawing board.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So what's the generic party setup for Sephiroth if I have to RW Deployment Tactics?

3 healers and 2 debuffers?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I forgot to share my Sephiroth strategy earlier so here you go, maybe it'll be useful for you non-wall havers:

Agrias, Lifesiphon Protectga, BSB, Battleforged
Orlando, Tauntaliate, OSB, can't remember some atk increase as I was below soft cap
Firion, Lifesiphon Magic Breakdown, BSB, Battleforged
Ramza, Full Break Power Breakdown, SSB1, Dr. Mogs
Ysh, Ultra Cure Shellga, BSB, Dr. Mogs

RW Eiko USB

I used two pieces of RS gear, Ysh had Umbrella and Orlando had Sephiroth's glove so the team wasn't exactly stacked.

So that's a basic holy team with Agrias providing imperil and TGCid and Firion damaging him. The survivability came from Orlando's tauntaliate which literally nullified every single target physical attack and hit him hard to boot. Then there was Firion providing magic blink with his BSB. I blinked every single Meteor, only getting hit by the two AoE spells after second dispel, I blinked the final Quake to live.

I used RW after the first dispel and slow rolled him for a bit with no boostga up. Second RW was unnecessary but used it to ensure the kill in final phase. He only got a single ultimate slash off I think.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

How necessary (or not) is Wall against Sephiroth's first phase? My hope, assuming that I've mathed things out correctly, is to exploit Celes BSB2 to block the dispels on Quistis/Zidane who then proceed to blow heavily buffed OSBs for 99999 damage each. And with Raijin around to spam Aura, they can keep doing so before Sephiroth can do much to act beyond throwing dispels. So the only question is as to how deadly (or not) the first phase is.

Right now Quistis will still hit the cap without Barret's pentabreak, but Zidane can't do the same without also needing Ungarmax. (It's still on the order of 90K damage per hit, which seems good enough with the various pieces of setup that will be happening.)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I really really want onion knights ssb sword if for no other reason than it would make the optimize function give him atk gear again

Also does he ever get legend spheres?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 30, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Not yet. OK is actually the only FF3 character that doesn't have a Legend Dive, as Aria gets access in the event she debuts in.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I can't believe a boss exists that's actually weak to Earth attacks

What a world

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

How necessary (or not) is Wall against Sephiroth's first phase? My hope, assuming that I've mathed things out correctly, is to exploit Celes BSB2 to block the dispels on Quistis/Zidane who then proceed to blow heavily buffed OSBs for 99999 damage each. And with Raijin around to spam Aura, they can keep doing so before Sephiroth can do much to act beyond throwing dispels. So the only question is as to how deadly (or not) the first phase is.

Right now Quistis will still hit the cap without Barret's pentabreak, but Zidane can't do the same without also needing Ungarmax. (It's still on the order of 90K damage per hit, which seems good enough with the various pieces of setup that will be happening.)

I don't believe you can block dispels, but if I'm wrong so be it.

I used the Deployment Tactics strategy myself, but as far as Wall goes, I didn't bother in this fight. It's not really necessary, but it would help a LOT to have at least 2-3 different Medicas, preferably instant. I wound up using Selphie and Yuna since I have both of their USBs and I RWed Eiko's USB. Depending on your team, you can probably do something similar, just a different DPS. I think it's basically about getting used to balancing the different Last Stands. Yuna's is really good though, because it's a bandaid if you gently caress up your timing a bit and get someone killed.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I know it's a really really really terrible banner, possibly the worst that there will ever be again, but I'm tempted to throw a pull at Keeper Choice I strictly to get a hastega for VII or II (probably II I guess given how little I tend to pull on that banner in general).

I'm just so weak in hastegas. I have Edward SoS and Porom SSB for IV, Edea's Inaugural Parade for VIII, Larsa SSB for XII, and Ramza SSB and Ovelia SB for FFT.

Only 4 realms with native hastega, and a few of those options are painful because opening with hastega/medicas seems inefficient and I have Edward and Edea's BSBs which are much more useful.

Do I just suck at drawing hastegas? Should I just stick to forever RWing OK BSB like I seem to do now whenever I don't run Shout? I feel like this hinders my ability to do most CMs, since without native hastegas I can't RW wall.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Hooooo, that Seph fight was not fun.

Vanile, Curaja + Shellga, BSB, Mog's Teachings
Vaan, Power BD + Life Siphon, BSB, Ace Striker
Ramza, FB + LS , Shout, Mako Might
Eiko, Ultra Cure + Protectga, USB, Lionheart
Agrias, Guardbringer + LS, BSB+Cleansing Strike, Knight's Charge
RW Alphinaud's Deployment Tactics

Agrias died at about 50%, then Ramza just after 40%, and Vaan when he reached 20%. In the end I was desperately spamming Transcendent Dream and Guardian Mog in an attempt to last long enough for Sephiroth to kill himself on Radiant Shield. It worked, somehow.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Ok Sephi is kicking my rear end. I tried a OSB blitz strategy with Terra and Sephiroth on En-element OSB time, but getting both attacks to land at the exact same time is a pain in the rear end, and without stacking debuffs I didn't have much leeway on timing all my buffs to land just after dispel.

Trying a debuff focused group now with Vaan and Lion BSB breakdowns, and Ramza on Full Break and Shout/Tailwind, with Yshtola wrathing up SSII and Asylum while Vanille handles early heals and insta-casts with her BSB. RW Deployment Tactics and I can get his HP down quickly enough, but once he gets to phase three it follows up his dispel with three AoE magic attacks with absolutely no delay in between. What the hell am I supposed to do about that? Like if there was even time to get an insta-heal off before Quake I could manage but that poo poo just comes stupid fast. The only other stacking Debuff I have is Atk/Mag off Gordon or Setzer's regular SB, but I can't imagine who I could safely drop to fit it in.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Pander posted:

I know it's a really really really terrible banner, possibly the worst that there will ever be again, but I'm tempted to throw a pull at Keeper Choice I strictly to get a hastega for VII or II (probably II I guess given how little I tend to pull on that banner in general).

I'm just so weak in hastegas. I have Edward SoS and Porom SSB for IV, Edea's Inaugural Parade for VIII, Larsa SSB for XII, and Ramza SSB and Ovelia SB for FFT.

Only 4 realms with native hastega, and a few of those options are painful because opening with hastega/medicas seems inefficient and I have Edward and Edea's BSBs which are much more useful.

Do I just suck at drawing hastegas? Should I just stick to forever RWing OK BSB like I seem to do now whenever I don't run Shout? I feel like this hinders my ability to do most CMs, since without native hastegas I can't RW wall.

Don't pull on that banner man. You'll regret the 0/11.

Not sure what kind of CMs you're talking about but you don't really need wall for the 180s. If you have decently leveled dudes the RS bonus will give them enough defenses for you to survive with Proshellga. 70+ should do it.

Try to level people with a CM team in mind. Level someone who can heal, someone who can use breakdowns etc so you don't end up with four 80 dps and a level 1 healer.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
at the very least try to level up a 5* healer, a 5* support user, and a 3/4* knight for each realm

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

at the very least try to level up a 5* healer, a 5* support user, and a 3/4* knight for each realm

Taking it up a notch, I'd say try to supplement the healer and support with at least another 4* white user (proshellga), 4* support/dancer (complete breakdown coverage). Bonus points if these supplements come from random characters filling multiple roles ie. Fujin has Ninja AND support 4*.

I've been able to squeak by most of the recent CMs with just a couple of relics from using that above, plus a really good RW.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I forgot to share my Sephiroth strategy earlier so here you go, maybe it'll be useful for you non-wall havers:

Agrias, Lifesiphon Protectga, BSB, Battleforged
Orlando, Tauntaliate, OSB, can't remember some atk increase as I was below soft cap
Firion, Lifesiphon Magic Breakdown, BSB, Battleforged
Ramza, Full Break Power Breakdown, SSB1, Dr. Mogs
Ysh, Ultra Cure Shellga, BSB, Dr. Mogs

RW Eiko USB

I used two pieces of RS gear, Ysh had Umbrella and Orlando had Sephiroth's glove so the team wasn't exactly stacked.

So that's a basic holy team with Agrias providing imperil and TGCid and Firion damaging him. The survivability came from Orlando's tauntaliate which literally nullified every single target physical attack and hit him hard to boot. Then there was Firion providing magic blink with his BSB. I blinked every single Meteor, only getting hit by the two AoE spells after second dispel, I blinked the final Quake to live.

I used RW after the first dispel and slow rolled him for a bit with no boostga up. Second RW was unnecessary but used it to ensure the kill in final phase. He only got a single ultimate slash off I think.

Thanks for this; it's what got me through it with a little modification. You make it sound so easy, though. My Firion couldn't keep up with the Meteors, so I subbed in Rosa for Y'shtola. I realized that if I get lucky setting up Tauntaliate, I didn't have to heal at all in the first phase. And if I only ate the magic attacks at the end of the second phase, I didn't even need to bring Shellga! I Wrathed Rosa the whole first phase and made sure Divine Heal went off right before I pushed into the third phase and I snuck a Weaponmaster in before the Quake. Come to think of it, I don't think I even cast Curaja at all, just Wrath and Divine Heal.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Ffffffuck Sephiroth down. No mastery, as I only managed to inch across the finish line with Vanille and Yshtola frantically healing each other while Radiant Shield did it's thing. Considering how much time I've already sunk into this fight I'm just gonna let the 4* bravery motes rot. I'm not getting mastery on this without either Edge/Eiko's instant last stand or Ramza's USB. Technically I could cover both of those with Raijin's Aura, but Raijin himself breaks nothing to the party, maybe if he could carry a breakdown it'd be manageable.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Decided to pull on Banner 3, because I had a lot of lightning imperil relics and the only dupe I had was Cid's Chaos Blade, but...

Sometimes, this game doesn't like me.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Ice_Mallet posted:

Decided to pull on Banner 3, because I had a lot of lightning imperil relics and the only dupe I had was Cid's Chaos Blade, but...

Sometimes, this game doesn't like me.

Ho poo poo now I feel bad for my 1/11 Blowback dupe. Seeing 3 rainbows and then that, I'd be pissed.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hrmm, do I pull on this banner with 3 dupes? There's a lot of stuff I'd like to have, but I've already got Alphinaud's BSB and SSB and Vaan's BSB. I was going to pull on it before I snagged Vaan's BSB in the last lucky draw, and now I'm not sure. I'd still have enough to pull twice on the VII banner if I throw a pull here, but I'm bad at judging when I've got too many dupes, especially now that I'll basically always have a couple on any banner that isn't completely new stuff.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
This was the best banner for me to pull on using the 3/2/1/-1 metric. I only had Genji Glove.

First pull was triple pCecil BSB. I guess having a 7* +holy will be nice to bring alongside my +holy 8* Ragnarok. It also meant I only had two dupes, so it was still the best banner to pull on.

Second pull was much more interesting. Two more Genji Gloves, Orichalcum Dirk, and double Terra USB! Since I already have her OSB I'm thinking I should combine them, how many VI synergy magic swords will I need?

I'm weirded out by the number of dupes. 5 out of 8 relics seems awfully high considering I had one relic going into it. No complaints though, Terra USB was what I wanted most on the banner followed by Fujin or Vaan's BSB.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hrmm, do I pull on this banner with 3 dupes? There's a lot of stuff I'd like to have, but I've already got Alphinaud's BSB and SSB and Vaan's BSB. I was going to pull on it before I snagged Vaan's BSB in the last lucky draw, and now I'm not sure. I'd still have enough to pull twice on the VII banner if I throw a pull here, but I'm bad at judging when I've got too many dupes, especially now that I'll basically always have a couple on any banner that isn't completely new stuff.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My 100 gem pull gave me a dupe too, I wonder if it's warning me...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My 100 gem pull gave me a dupe too, I wonder if it's warning me...

Either that or you got your bad luck out of the way with a 100 gem sacrifice.

edit: I pulled because why the hell not, I want Cloud's USB but not bad enough to throw 3 whole 11-pulls at it. Went 1/11, which is sorta disappointing, but it was Ramza's USB at least. My fifth (!) Ramza relic, further ensuring that he will never ever leave my physical team. Though honestly it's always a bit of a bummer since it's hard to justify ever using anything but Shout. Maybe with his LM2 I'd have a bit more flexibility, but I still haven't decided if that's worth the motes yet.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 1, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Resist or you'll get 1/11 dupe genji gloves like I just did. Really mad cause I only pulled for a chance at some wind gear.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2/11

Zell BSB and Alphinaud SSB

I heard these are good, so that's good! My other pulls sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

First dupe of the event, my third Dirk

But Fujin BSB was one of my top picks so :toot:

• Locked thread