Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does anyone else's at&t iPhone have a new symbol up top next to the LTE letters? A ever-revolving recycling symbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Does anyone else's at&t iPhone have a new symbol up top next to the LTE letters? A ever-revolving recycling symbol

nope. you're being tracked by the NSA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My work is not giving us Monday off so I'm working.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

that's wild

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Same. But I'm working from home, and everyone else is on vacation so I'm going to just check my email and play video games.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Same. But I'm working from home, and everyone else is on vacation so I'm going to just check my email and play video games.

Me too!

Whatcha gonna play?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah I work from home too. I've got a co-worker in Mexico who needs to do a working session with me for an hour or so, but other than that I'll probably not get much done.

Probably half the company is burning a vacation day to get the 4-day weekend but it's just a ploy by corporate to get people to do that because they hate carrying vacation days since it's a liability on the books. Same reason we all now have a mandatory week off (using our own vacation days) between xmas and new years day every year.

But gently caress it I'm not burning my vacation days unless I have plans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Me too!

Whatcha gonna play?

Almost done Persona 5, so hopefully finish that up finally. Holy christ does that game go on too long. Then probably get back to Mafia 3 and fail to advance the plot at all and just aimlessly drive around the wealthy neighborhood killing whitey or maybe start Watchdogs 2 which I bought in a fit of madness last year and never got around to playing.

Leperflesh posted:

Probably half the company is burning a vacation day to get the 4-day weekend but it's just a ploy by corporate to get people to do that because they hate carrying vacation days since it's a liability on the books. Same reason we all now have a mandatory week off (using our own vacation days) between xmas and new years day every year.

But gently caress it I'm not burning my vacation days unless I have plans.

Where I work, you earn 3 weeks a year but can hold 4 weeks. Also they stop tracking at 15 years, which is probably just a ploy to get people to take less vacation time. But I've got a few years before I worry about that, and plenty of employees have gone hog wild with the scheme, so there's probably nothing to worry about.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When I was hired 13 years ago, you got I think 12 or 13 days/year for a while, and then went up another 5 to 18, and then every 5 years you worked there you'd get more. But I'd been here less than 5 years before they started rolling back the accumulation; now you have to be here like 20 years before you earn a fourth week, and you never get more than that unless probably if you're an executive or something.

So I accumulate exactly 12 hours per month, and my accrual balance is carried forward indefinitely but a maximum of I think 160 hours. I used to occasionally hit that limit and stop accruing because I liked to bank a big buffer of vacation time. Took a lot of it last year though so now I'm currently at 67 hours.

Anyway they give us that extra three days over standard because we don't get as many statutory holidays. Which OK cool but they're now effectively taking away 5 per year for the mandatory break, instead of just admitting that we're really getting less than two weeks vacation (or three if you've been here longer) and having an extra couple days of paid holidays.

On the other other hand, sick days are basically unlimited and not tracked. You take a sick day, you get paid, it doesn't affect vacation at all. I think that's fairly unusual.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Had a couple beers at the end of the day at work with the old man
Taking a poo poo
Drinking another beer
Going to shower
Going to go out to eat and hopefully get wasted and grind my sweaty hog all over the loving place!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have 5 weeks pto with 1 week that can be rolled over (only one week a year).

Starting in 2020 I get 6 weeks though and I'm gonna take a whole month off to just gently caress off and do N O T H I N G

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

pubic works project posted:

Have you heard anything? Is she ok?

Thankfully I mixed up hospitals she's at a different one and is fine.

Edit vvvvvv A good trailer I'm so stoked

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 1, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My friend edited the rick and north season 3 trailer

https://youtu.be/DeAw6aXHzcY

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Thats a good trailer.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FizFashizzle posted:

PICKLE RIIIICCCKKKK!!!!!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I can't wait til the rick mobile gets to San Diego

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I can't wait til the rick mobile gets to San Diego

my friend who edits the show steals me stuff from there all the time.

she got me this shirt.

also my snatch feels godawful still after elbow surgery but the clean is coming along.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FizFashizzle posted:

also my snatch feels godawful still after elbow surgery but the clean is still coming along

The snatch is all about the wrist and the finger you'll do better

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
nice

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Your snatch stinks!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the nba offseason is better than its season

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Your snatch stinks!

He's cleaning it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Baby Driver is good and the way that everyone in it has stellar performances reminds me of Pulp Fiction where like every actor in it nails it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Baby Driver is good and the way that everyone in it has stellar performances reminds me of Pulp Fiction where like every actor in it nails it

Can't wait!

I just watched Aliens again

IFC keeps playing it and I can't help myself. It's the best.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

the nba offseason is better than its season

No basketball is better than any basketball of course :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't even pick a favorite scene

maybe the tracker scene where they finally figure out where the aliens are coming from?

or is it the initial confrontation between Ripley and the queen?

then you have the entire finale with the power loader fight

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Page 420 and no mention yet shameful

Happy Birthday, Hitler.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fiz "check out this cool shirt I got"

Also Fiz "I'm not wearing shirts gently caress shirts"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I can't even pick a favorite scene

maybe the tracker scene where they finally figure out where the aliens are coming from?

or is it the initial confrontation between Ripley and the queen?

then you have the entire finale with the power loader fight

Sony recently had a digital Alien sale and I got pissed off because I rented Aliens and it ended up being the way worse theatrical version

Also, presented without comment

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/880570391973945344

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

This is gonna be a great fight and I can't wait to see Conor win

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Phobeste posted:

This is gonna be a great fight and I can't wait to see Conor win

You do have to admire how he realized he would make more money with one lovely boxing match than he could in a whole career of great UFC fights and just took the early retirement route

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
win or lose good for conor

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You do have to admire how he realized he would make more money with one lovely boxing match than he could in a whole career of great UFC fights and just took the early retirement route

Conor is going to win this fight actually. I know the most aggressive thing you've done recently is repost your undergrad thesis, but these men who fight for money are good at their job. Floyd's never faced a man with the fight pedigree - and I mean fight, not boxing - of Conor Macgregor. One swift left and the illiterate wifebeater's on the floor, and I've got a month's rent on it. Maybe next time stick to an amateur theater discipline you know about like Lucha Libre or whatever today's featured wikipedia article is

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

does anyone want to talk about alcoholic waiters

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

also my snatch feels godawful still after elbow surgery but the clean is coming along.

Me IRL watching your lift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDT1r55vwjM&t=17s

Phobeste posted:

Conor is going to win this fight actually. I know the most aggressive thing you've done recently is repost your undergrad thesis, but these men who fight for money are good at their job. Floyd's never faced a man with the fight pedigree - and I mean fight, not boxing - of Conor Macgregor. One swift left and the illiterate wifebeater's on the floor, and I've got a month's rent on it. Maybe next time stick to an amateur theater discipline you know about like Lucha Libre or whatever today's featured wikipedia article is

Please don't troll

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Phobeste posted:

you mad?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Phobeste posted:

:wow:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Source your quotes phobeste

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i think it will be a very boring fight that mayweather will be in complete control of the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

i think it will be a very boring fight that mayweather will be in complete control of the entire time.

Exactly.

• Locked thread