Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

lelandjs posted:

No joke, thanks to this post and the reveal that GameStop is doing 70% extra on trade ins inspired me to pillage my video game collection.

After double checking Amazon trade ins/FBA (my wife's a seller) I took about twenty games to GameStop and walked out with a Splatoon 2 and Mario vs Rabbits preorder, Pokemon Sun, a $50 Steam card, and a card with $326.42 of trade in credit.

My only regret is that I bought so many games digitally for my 3DS :smith:

[Edit: probably could have gotten more on eBay but fuuuuuck that]

Haha, I did the same, but didn't pull the trigger because as it turns out, a PS4 Pro isn't even really an upgrade to a launch PS4. Was gonna trade in my PS4, Wii U, a smattering of controllers and 8 games. Would've got a little over $500 in trade credit. I don't want $500 in Gamestop Bux unless a new console I want is coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That "amiibo" was forced on me, I merely... oh... I'm an accessory to a crime :negative:

I am lost

Accessory to an accessory crime.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've heard vague rumblings that Bomberman is not good but nothing specific, any comments?

Like, how do you gently caress up Bomberman?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

Haha, I did the same, but didn't pull the trigger because as it turns out, a PS4 Pro isn't even really an upgrade to a launch PS4. Was gonna trade in my PS4, Wii U, a smattering of controllers and 8 games. Would've got a little over $500 in trade credit. I don't want $500 in Gamestop Bux unless a new console I want is coming out.

My Wii U and Vita are worth $175 to GameStop right now, I'm actually kinda tempted to bring those over too. I love my (actually) dead gay console failures too much to part with them, though, even though I just sold most of their games.

I'll probably sell them on eBay later on this year.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 1, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pierson posted:

I've heard vague rumblings that Bomberman is not good but nothing specific, any comments?

The launch was really bad with the controller input lag, frame rate, and online lag, but they've since patched out the input lag, the regular mode runs at 60, and they've done a decent job of fixing the online lag issues.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh so it was just tech issues and not "replaced bombs with flowerpots" or "removed all items" or some bullshit? I'll take a second look then, bomberman ruled when I was a kid and clearly it will rule exactly as hard now I am a grown man.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What are the deets on the 70% GameStop thing? I have a bunch of old games and poo poo I could definitely get rid of for music gear money. Would it be worth it? I haven't traded anything there for a good while.

e: hm sounds like cash is a no go. Oh well.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 1, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well for starters I'm pretty sure the deal only gives you in-store credit so you can forget about the music gear

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pierson posted:

ain't the first time

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pierson posted:

Oh so it was just tech issues and not "replaced bombs with flowerpots" or "removed all items" or some bullshit? I'll take a second look then, bomberman ruled when I was a kid and clearly it will rule exactly as hard now I am a grown man.

Yeah, it's a pretty fun little game. Konami's put out a lot of free content like free costumes and such, on top of doing a job of lessening any kind of grind in it too. The isometric single-player story mode doesn't run at 60 which is a little disappointing but I imagine most people are getting Bomberman for the classic mode though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

ain't the first time

Any time a media executive pitches something like "It's ________ but dark and edgy!" they should have a jumper cable hooked to their gonads* and be shocked until they swear to never do it again. See: Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Superman, Sonic the Hedgehog, James Bond, GI Joe, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Snowboard Kids, Devil May Cry, et loving al.

*edit: must be fair to all genders

Imagined fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 1, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Imagined posted:

Any time a media executive pitches something like "It's ________ but dark and edgy!" they should have a jumper cable hooked to their balls and be shocked until they swear to never do it again. See: Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Superman, Sonic the Hedgehog, James Bond, GI Joe, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Snowboard Kids, Devil May Cry, et loving al.

All those things would be perfect on the Switch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo asked an American company to make a new Kid Icarus game for the Wii, and they decided to do a dark and edgy Kid Icarus, about an adult Pit who had been kicked out of heaven for a crime he didn't commit. Nintendo actually gave them a new HD model of kid Pit for them to use, and the company was like, nah, we're gonna make him grown up and mean and also he's gonna wear black armor

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo asked an American company to make a new Kid Icarus game for the Wii, and they decided to do a dark and edgy Kid Icarus, about an adult Pit who had been kicked out of heaven for a crime he didn't commit. Nintendo actually gave them a new HD model of kid Pit for them to use, and the company was like, nah, we're gonna make him grown up and mean and also he's gonna wear black armor

Americans are the loving worst

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Imagined posted:

Any time a media executive pitches something like "It's ________ but dark and edgy!" they should have a jumper cable hooked to their gonads* and be shocked until they swear to never do it again. See: Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Superman, Sonic the Hedgehog, James Bond, GI Joe, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Snowboard Kids, Devil May Cry, et loving al.

What in the fu

quote:

Some of the characters have undergone drastic personality changes, the two most noticeable being Nancy and Tommy. They were both mild-mannered, nice to everyone and kind but now, have become mean-spirited and even borderline antagonistic.

:nallears:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Tomato posted:

Americans are the loving worst

Kirby is never not angry in america, I like to think it's because he hates the place and just wants to go home

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's Yoshi but he's bitter from the Herps

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo asked an American company to make a new Kid Icarus game for the Wii, and they decided to do a dark and edgy Kid Icarus, about an adult Pit who had been kicked out of heaven for a crime he didn't commit.

TBF this is kinda close to those chapters in Kid Icarus Uprising where he awakens after 3 years and the world is hosed up because he lost control of his body and it ended up killing lots of humans, and Palutena tries to kill the humans with her army cause they're ungrateful.

There was also the section where Pit's wings got burned up and he almost dies, which prompts Dark Pit to team up with Palutena to raid the underwold and help him out.

Though KI:U balanced all the slight edginess with it's rampant comedy.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I compared the store trade-in value of my game collection vs what I could get on eBay. Long story short, you should absolutely get a bulk pack of bubble envelopes and eBay the hell out of your unused games/systems.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supercar Gautier posted:

I compared the store trade-in value of my game collection vs what I could get on eBay. Long story short, you should absolutely get a bulk pack of bubble envelopes and eBay the hell out of your unused games/systems.

that takes way more time and energy than just hauling the poo poo to gamestop

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The mail carrier picks up my sold games for free to ship. It couldn't be any easier. Hauling a bunch of stuff to Gamestop for so little is insane.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I literally made more going to GameStop than I would have selling on eBay, and that's not counting the large amount of time and headache saved not having to ship and deal with PayPal and the loving sea of potential scammers and bullshit out there.

10 minutes and more money > eBay/less money/time/bullshit

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm not sure I can get good at arms, occasionally I feel like I'm in the zone but I will turn back into spaghetti immediately. It's just flailing and button mashing and accidental screenshots.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Imagined posted:

Dark Archie is really good, though. I would watch it on Netflix on my Switch if I could

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I literally made more going to GameStop than I would have selling on eBay, and that's not counting the large amount of time and headache saved not having to ship and deal with PayPal and the loving sea of potential scammers and bullshit out there.

10 minutes and more money > eBay/less money/time/bullshit

Yup, this exactly. My wife sells stuff online for side income and she checked eBay/Amazon for the games I traded and agreed that it wasn’t worth the hassle of listing, selling, and shipping them for maybe $30 more.

True, I now have $320 in GameStop Bux but let’s face it–I’m gonna be spending that much on video games in the next year anyway.

Oh and if you bought 1-2-Switch and regret it, GameStop gave me $51 for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eBay sucks. I find it much easier to sell games on Amazon or even here in sa mart. Those deals sounds pretty decent so I guess GameStop isn't a complete rip off sometimes now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Imagined posted:

Any time a media executive pitches something like "It's ________ but dark and edgy!" they should have a jumper cable hooked to their gonads* and be shocked until they swear to never do it again.

genital torture seems right up the alley of dark and edgy reboots

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dark Archie is really good, though. I would watch it on Netflix on my Switch if I could

Netflix app...Perfect on Switch™?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SeANMcBAY posted:

eBay sucks. I find it much easier to sell games on Amazon or even here in sa mart. Those deals sounds pretty decent so I guess GameStop isn't a complete rip off sometimes now.

You'd probably still have to listen to their promotions of signing up to Game Informer and also their gamestop membership card or whatever it is and any pre-orders you might be interested in.

yes, I'm really bitter and annoyed about poor employees whom are forced to ask everyone that even if you're just there to buy a used game.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dizz posted:

You'd probably still have to listen to their promotions of signing up to Game Informer and also their gamestop membership card or whatever it is and any pre-orders you might be interested in.

yes, I'm really bitter and annoyed about poor employees whom are forced to ask everyone that even if you're just there to buy a used game.

Of course a goon would think politely saying no thank you a few times is harder than listing, packing, shipping, etc.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dizz posted:

Gamestop: "Would you be interested in our protection plan on your game for $3 dollars? If anything happens to it you can get a replacement."
Me: "No thanks."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

katkillad2 posted:

Gamestop: "Would you be interested in our protection plan on your game for $3 dollars? If anything happens to it you can get a replacement."

oh sure, that sounds easy, but you're so out of practice at talking with people you say "thanks" weird and you spend the rest of the transaction convinced the Gamestop employee thinks you're a weirdo, and he's absolutely right, you are weird, you can't even say "thanks" like a normal human, it's the easiest loving thing in the world and you can't do it, so you eat a whole thing of ice cream and don't go to bed until 3 AM because if you lay down in the dark all you can hear is your own inner monologue berating you so you have to wait until you're so tired you go to sleep right away

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh sure, that sounds easy, but you're so out of practice at talking with people you say "thanks" weird and you spend the rest of the transaction convinced the Gamestop employee thinks you're a weirdo, and he's absolutely right, you are weird, you can't even say "thanks" like a normal human, it's the easiest loving thing in the world and you can't do it, so you eat a whole thing of ice cream and don't go to bed until 3 AM because if you lay down in the dark all you can hear is your own inner monologue berating you so you have to wait until you're so tired you go to sleep right away

same

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

katkillad2 posted:

"You sure? you never know when something bad happens and if you have this we have your back no matter what"

"nah dude im sure, also I don't have extra money for that"

"you wanna preorder the new madden game?"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah seriously i bought the switch from a gamestop and it was like a 5 minute spiel, even with my 'no thanks' again and again

HERES THE BOOK OF FUTURE GAMES TO PRE-ORDER, no please look at it

do you want a screen protector here's a bunch of accessories. want some accessories

how about a game. gotta get a game with your switch, look they're over there

what warranty would you like? we have multiple i guess

any other systems you want to buy?

like. it was loving neverending. i would never want to work at a place like that

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

yeah seriously i bought the switch from a gamestop and it was like a 5 minute spiel, even with my 'no thanks' again and again

do you want a screen protector here's a bunch of accessories. want some accessories

like. it was loving neverending. i would never want to work at a place like that

Lol, baby

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
One time a GameStop employee tried to charge me for a preorder without my knowledge when I was buying something else.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

3 extra dollars for 247 protection and complete replacement is a good deal. That's the price of two mcdoubles

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is why I'm thankful I can just either have video game poo poo delivered to my door, or simply picked up from a manned kiosk having already been paid for online.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When I preordered Zelda they mentioned their protection would cover disk scratches, and I resisted the urge to be a smartass about the game being on a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

When I preordered Zelda they mentioned their protection would cover disk scratches, and I resisted the urge to be a smartass about the game being on a card.

The game is on a disk

• Locked thread