Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

yes yes, the 4X all-star traded for a few youngsters, what about the hot z-bo news???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Playoff reseeding: coming soon.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jota posted:

Victor Oladipo sucks and gets paid $20 million a year. If Paul George leaves the Thunder still win this trade

And Oladipo goes back to Indiana, land of (whole) milk and honey (flavored hard candies)

everyone wins!

Except, y'know, the Pacers

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

morestuff posted:

I didn't realize Dipo's contract was so bad

Yeah lol Oladipo gets paid $21 million per year for the next 4 seasons. Getting rid of that contract alone makes this trade worth it.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/880971181951787010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah that's a complete win for OKC, Oladipo is loving garbage and his dribbling is painful to watch

they were paying him 21m a year too :eyepop:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gobias Ind. posted:

Isn't the report 170/5? That's 34 per.

"Blake Griffin to sign 4-year, $173M deal with Clippers" This was the original headline of the espn article

They just appended it to 5, now it's 34.6 per year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So presti almost exactly turned serge ibaka into Paul George right

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lmao even if the lakers had just offered D'Angelo Russel and Mozgov for Paul George instead of Brook Lopez that would have been an infinitely better haul for Indiana

Whyyyyyy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Adun posted:

A lot of smart GM's are 'scrambling' to compete now (Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Cavs) because it's their job and the goal of every franchise to win a championship.

The Celtics were just in the Eastern Conference Finals and could've added two All-Stars to their team. Like we 100% know they could've given the poo poo sandwich that teams have received for Butler/PG and the fact that it would be a lot more likely to sign Hayward.

You guys aren't the loving Process Sixers. I honestly can't believe Celtics fans aren't incredibly disappointed with how Ainge has done this off-season.

That's an extremely short sighted way to look at it, I'm glad you're not the GM of my favorite basketball team Adun

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Put Memphis in the east and let's have some attempt at equity here, gently caress off West

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
NO one could match that rental price? I guess Presti was the only one with the balls to lowball that much.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Charlz Guybon posted:

The cost for George, Butler and Paul were so low Ainge could have got all three! All three!

Celtics could be starting Horford, George, Butler, Paul and Bradley.

Danny's rebuilding you dummy!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Its funny thinking about how Ainge is probably offering better deals but based on the assets he has teams wont do it and instead take worse trades. I bet there's a term in economics for this but I'll just call it hilarious spite

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

Yeah lol Oladipo gets paid $21 million per year for the next 4 seasons. Getting rid of that contract alone makes this trade worth it.

Hahaha 21m for Oladipo is so good. It's Ian Mahinmi good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/880969925401210880

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Its funny thinking about how Ainge is probably offering better deals but based on the assets he has teams wont do it and instead take worse trades. I bet there's a term in economics for this but I'll just call it hilarious spite

Cutting off your nose to spite your face works

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hahahahaha I can't stop laughing at this.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lmao even if the lakers had just offered D'Angelo Russel and Mozgov for Paul George instead of Brook Lopez that would have been an infinitely better haul for Indiana

Whyyyyyy

Pritchard is over here playing 10th dimensional chess.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's an extremely short sighted way to look at it, I'm glad you're not the GM of my favorite basketball team Adun

Please tell me what is short sighted about trading away future picks for an All-NBA player with one year left on his contract when you already have a surfeit of young players

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

What the gently caress are GMs drinking?!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Whyyyyyy

omg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Whyyyyyy

.... that's a really good point

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I dunno if this makes Pritchard or Ainge look worse

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Adun posted:

Please tell me what is short sighted about trading away future picks for an All-NBA player with one year left on his contract when you already have a surfeit of young players

That's literally the definition of short sighted so I don't know what you want me to do here. Please move on and stop worrying about the Celtics, they're fine

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Boosh! posted:

That team would crush the Cavs and have a chance against Golden State!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIFE PRESTI IS TRADING YOU SCRAPS FOR THEM

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

So presti almost exactly turned serge ibaka into Paul George right

Yeah Serge for Jerge, and Orlando facilitated and got Terrence Ross. At least they aren't paying Vic 21 million good god

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Now Durrant needs to opt out and go back to OKC

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

NBA GM's aren't stupid. If Ainge had offered a better deal they would've taken it.

From Zach Lowe:

quote:

Despite reports to the contrary, Boston has not included any of the following in its offers to the Pacers, per league sources: Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, the 2018 Nets pick, and the Lakers-Kings pick Boston snared from Philly in the Markelle Fultz blockbuster.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Boosh! posted:

Forever ! ! ! !

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

I get what you are saying that the cost for George was so low that Boston could have easily beaten it while barely giving up anything and keeping so many of the assets Ainge loves.

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/880966448247689216

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

yes yes, the 4X all-star traded for a few youngsters, what about the hot z-bo news???

Collison and zbo the buddy cop of the century

PRESTI DA GAWD

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

leftist heap posted:

I dunno if this makes Pritchard or Ainge look worse

Pritchard because the Clarkson/Randle?/27/28 trade is way better and I would have slammed the accept button if I could see into the future.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I do want Terry Rozier gone at any cost and I will fight Danny to death on that

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

hi metapod do you like your new shiny paul because i like my new shiny paul maybe we can meet again in the playoffs with 200% more paul

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's literally the definition of short sighted so I don't know what you want me to do here. Please move on and stop worrying about the Celtics, they're fine

Come on dude, even you can't be drinking the Kool-Aid that badly.

The Celtics most likely just went from signing Hayward + PG to likely nothing. I mean it's arguably even worse if you're trotting out a team of just IT + Hayward on big contracts.

Danny Ainge is running a loving Ponzi scheme to keep himself in a perpetual state of 'ASSETS!!!' so he can never be fired.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adun posted:

Come on dude, even you can't be drinking the Kool-Aid that badly.

The Celtics most likely just went from signing Hayward + PG to likely nothing. I mean it's arguably even worse if you're trotting out a team of just IT + Hayward on big contracts.

Their fall back plan was Blake lol

Lol!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't see a single downside at all for OKC in this trade, am I missing something?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

G-Hawk posted:

hi metapod do you like your new shiny paul because i like my new shiny paul maybe we can meet again in the playoffs with 200% more paul

WE'RE COMING FOR ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

ROCKETS SPURS WARRIORS YOU GUYS ARE ALL DEAD

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/880966604842041344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is Paul George the best SF in OKC history?

• Locked thread