Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one time i was private messaging with a woman in my guild who was a guard ina prison who had blatant online affairs with the guildmaster in front of her husband who was also in the guild

we would talk a lot about random poo poo and then one day it got really sexual and i was like "im 13."

"oh. so anyway, i was cheating on my husband and the guy took me to burger king what a DICK"

"uhhh... im 13."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Samurai Sanders posted:

As a son-in-law, why is Kush so determined to go down with the ship? Where does his loyalty come from?

money

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/880963473437585408

just when i didnt' think i could like chelsea manning more she starts doxxing the fbi agents who are following her around

its always the shoes

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

oh look its loving nothing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

but he keeps getting away!! by digging yet another hole in the ground!!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
1488 unread posts.

Hmmmmmmm

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nadadog

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

cumshitter posted:

nah thats basically the standard mmorpg experience

i played a shitload of everquest in highschool and was one of the best enchanters on my server and that was kinda cool i guess. but the best thing i did in that game was write a big dumb post on the server forum making fun of my experience grouping with a person who was notorious for playing a sexually agressive high elf wizard

yea i did that too also i was an enchanter. i had the snake stick.

basically all i did was cast things on people for money and float around. poo poo that was almost 20 years ago.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
why dont fbi tails wear super stereotypical spy stuff and FEMALE BREAST INSPECTOR shirts, who the gently caress is gonna suspect their goony rear end then

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought he already had the money.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just watched pepes and antifa chant "white supremacy is class treachery" at each other. wtf is america

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Mueller locking and loading with an ever-growing lineup of dudes is always nice news

Much better than all these tick tick people

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I'm still amazed when I mention gaslighting and people have no idea what I'm talking about.

...because it's not an actual term?

seriously ask anyone they'll tell, you're just making things up

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

stop drinking weird mushroom juice Sucy i don't care how strong you think it's going to make you or whatever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Gorman posted:

yea i did that too also i was an enchanter. i had the snake stick.

basically all i did was cast things on people for money and float around. poo poo that was almost 20 years ago.

i got my snake stick like several months before that the next expansion made the snake stick speed buff worthless and nobody wanted it

also being an enchanter on a raid sucked an dcompletley invalidated your position.

i liked to run around low level zones and cast the high end mana regen buffs on low level groups and the +attack speed buff on their fighters. as an enchanter you could really make someones day.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
:siren: the second boom has hit trump tower

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

it's way better too

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Chokes McGee posted:

other such terms that noone will know wtf your stupid rear end is talking about because noone uses it irl:

strawman
cognitive dissonance

feel free to add

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I'm still amazed when I mention gaslighting and people have no idea what I'm talking about.
The term is incredibly opaque for something that has been part of human society forever, I will grant.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

i just watched pepes and antifa chant "white supremacy is class treachery" at each other. wtf is america

how... okay so presumably they were chanting the same thing right

how is this interpreted by anyone as them agreeing they're pieces of poo poo

I'm not even sure what the gently caress is going on here

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tom Gorman posted:

there was a shantytown in WoW that was full of goblins and i would fish off the pier for hours to get fish to sell for a pittance that I would sell for pebbles that I used to make my sword more powerful

this was like 13 years ago though so idk if the game is different now

I always liked exploring all the areas of MMORPGs and meeting all the NPCs and the story but the stuff they do to extract more gametime revenue and the grind all really put me off playing them

"I love Scooter's lemur eyes"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

tl;dr

the trump campaign was looking for hillary's emails by any means necessary and probably got duped by the russians?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al! posted:

a decadent an dyin republic, excuse me while my colleagues, the wealthy classes, and i rob what's left of the piggy bank

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

I always liked exploring all the areas of MMORPGs and meeting all the NPCs and the story but the stuff they do to extract more gametime revenue and the grind all really put me off playing them

"I love Scooter's lemur eyes"

I do the same thing and thats why I love ESO

there is so much poo poo to find there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

:siren: the second boom has hit trump tower

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

it's way better too

😴 💤

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

cumshitter posted:

as an enchanter you could really make someones day.

KEI dogg

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TwoStepBoog posted:

tl;dr

the trump campaign was looking for hillary's emails by any means necessary and probably got duped by the russians?

who was the guy who was testifying that by the time people realize they are committing treason at the behest of the russians, it's often too late and they're in too deep to get out

also, i bet those fuckers have plausible deniability

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

ya its still a nothing burger but at least im not as hungry

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

TwoStepBoog posted:

tl;dr

lol the Russians are so good at this

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Chokes McGee posted:

it's real though, and literally what i trade on half the time as a politician?

sayin' gaslightin' don't exist is like sayin' people don't lie

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trash Trick posted:

who was the guy who was testifying that by the time people realize they are committing treason at the behest of the russians, it's often too late and they're in too deep to get out

also, i bet those fuckers have plausible deniability

wasn't comey describing most of the FBI's counter intelligence efforts as nipping that stuff in the bud?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

sometimes I still email jeb@jeb.org just to see if I'll get a response :3:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

trump....

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ah, i'm just about to finish drinking and here come two piping hot nothingburgers. perfect timing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ill bet Trump does not have a good round of golf this weekend.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

TwoStepBoog posted:

tl;dr

p much

Over the course of our conversations, one thing struck me as particularly disturbing. Smith and I talked several times about the DNC hack, and I expressed my view that the hack had likely been orchestrated by Russia and that the Kremlin was using the stolen documents as part of an influence campaign against the United States. I explained that if someone had contacted him via the “Dark Web” with Clinton’s personal emails, he should take very seriously the possibility that this may have been part of a wider Russian campaign against the United States. And I said he need not take my word for it, pointing to a number of occasions where US officials had made it clear that this was the view of the U.S. intelligence community as well.

Smith, however, didn’t seem to care. From his perspective it didn’t matter who had taken the emails, or their motives for doing so. He never expressed to me any discomfort with the possibility that the emails he was seeking were potentially from a Russian front, a likelihood he was happy to acknowledge. If they were genuine, they would hurt Clinton’s chances, and therefore help Trump.

Smith routinely talked about the goings on at the top of the Trump team, offering deep insights into the bizarre world at the top of the Trump campaign. Smith told of Flynn’s deep dislike of DNI Clapper, whom Flynn blamed for his dismissal by President Obama. Smith told of Flynn’s moves to position himself to become CIA Director under Trump, but also that Flynn had been persuaded that the Senate confirmation process would be prohibitively difficult. He would instead therefore become National Security Advisor should Trump win the election, Smith said. He also told of a deep sense of angst even among Trump loyalists in the campaign, saying “Trump often just repeats whatever he’s heard from the last person who spoke to him,” and expressing the view that this was especially dangerous when Trump was away.

In my conversations with Smith and his colleague, I tried to stress this point: if this dark web contact is a front for the Russian government, you really don’t want to play this game. But they were not discouraged. They appeared to be convinced of the need to obtain Clinton’s private emails and make them public, and they had a reckless lack of interest in whether the emails came from a Russian cut-out. Indeed, they made it quite clear to me that it made no difference to them who hacked the emails or why they did so, only that the emails be found and made public before the election.

In the end, I never saw the actual materials they’d been given, and to this day, I don’t know whether there were genuine emails, or whether Smith and his associates were deluding themselves.

Then, a few weeks into my interactions with Smith, he sent me a document, ostensibly a cover page for a dossier of opposition research to be compiled by Smith’s group, and which purported to clear up who was involved. The document was entitled “A Demonstrative Pedagogical Summary to be Developed and Released Prior to November 8, 2016,” and dated September 7. It detailed a company Smith and his colleagues had set up as a vehicle to conduct the research: “KLS Research”, set up as a Delaware LLC “to avoid campaign reporting,” and listing four groups who were involved in one way or another.

My perception then was that the inclusion of Trump campaign officials on this document was not merely a name-dropping exercise. This document was about establishing a company to conduct opposition research on behalf of the campaign, but operating at a distance so as to avoid campaign reporting. Indeed, the document says as much in black and white.

The combination of Smith’s deep knowledge of the inner workings of the campaign, this document naming him in the “Trump campaign” group, and the multiple references to needing to avoid campaign reporting suggested to me that the group was formed with the blessing of the Trump campaign. In the Journal’s story this evening, several of the individuals named in the document denied any connection to Smith, and it’s certainly possible that he was a big name-dropper and never really represented anyone other than himself. If that’s the case, Smith talked a very good game.

Fuckt Tupp has issued a correction as of 04:10 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

it's real though, and literally what i trade on half the time as a politician?

sayin' gaslightin' don't exist is like sayin' people don't lie

gaslighting exists but its very rare - usually only in weird twee faux historical streets

• Locked thread