Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Trebek posted:

This is great thanks, makes looking up IVs easier.

Edit: ^^^^ lol you got me there, INFANTRY units I should have said

Are thieves meant to be anti-mage in this game? I never fully grasped their purpose either.
Some thieves have higher Res than def and are decent Anti-Mage. I'm thinking of Felicia specifically who is a niche anti-mage and came in super clutch for me in the F!Robin GHB. Original Gaius on the other hand has slightly higher Def than Res (none of his stats are particularly good though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Kagerou will only stop being good once there's a thief that has higher atk and higher spd.

honestly I'm upset that such a boring character is so good.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thiefs do one thing well and one thing only.

Givin' me feathers.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't imagine Kagero is good in arena these days with every third team being a horse or flier team

new anti-equestrian a-slot skill called "thought of ants, died." effective against mounted and flying units

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't imagine Kagero is good in arena these days with every third team being a horse or flier team

This is correct

I do want to give a shout-out to Jaffar; he's not a good character in arena, but he's great at helping your dudes get from ~level 33 to 40 and at helping out with obnoxious "kill <unit> with <bad unit>" quests.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Felicia has been a surprisingly solid unit for me in non-Arena content.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

FoolyCharged posted:

E: due to the fact that this game favors 1 rounding enemies at all times, a unit whose job is to merely cripple them has less merit

Even then, the stat debuff that would actually help make a unit less threatening is attack, but thieves debuff def and resistance and there is only one unit available with a solid, reliable skill for debuffing attack, and that unit (Jeorge) is not available at 3*, so you can't put it on your thief. Also, since it's a B skill, any unit can use it, so there's not any real reason to put it on a thief in particular except to combine it with def/res debuffs.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

frederick no

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

oliveoil posted:

Even then, the stat debuff that would actually help make a unit less threatening is attack, but thieves debuff def and resistance and there is only one unit available with a solid, reliable skill for debuffing attack, and that unit (Jeorge) is not available at 3*, so you can't put it on your thief. Also, since it's a B skill, any unit can use it, so there's not any real reason to put it on a thief in particular except to combine it with def/res debuffs.

Softening up an enemy unit so that a melee character can move in and OHKO it is a good idea in theory, except mages/archers already do that in a pinch and get around not debuffing defenses by dealing more damage.

Also I've been levelling Srobin in the tower. I've maxed out all her skills and she has like 750 SP to spare at level 27 :psyduck:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ungulateman posted:

frederick no

frederick's idea of sinning is showing bare skin below the neck

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Got two five stars fem robins, one which is -hp +atk, another which is -def +res

I assume the former would be better and that I should merge #2 into #1?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME

tithin posted:

Got two five stars fem robins, one which is -hp +atk, another which is -def +res

I assume the former would be better and that I should merge #2 into #1?

I'd keep it in reserve for at least a day or so, someone might come up with a game-breaking crack build for Gwendolyn or something using her skills.

I doubt it, but they might.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ungulateman posted:

frederick no
Maybe the "sinning" he's referring to is doing stuff not related to helping the royal family, like genuinely relaxing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Someone typoed sunning

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So just for the sake of it, I ran some quick calcs and +ATK Summer Freddy can ORKO a Hector that isn't +HP/DEF if he has Bonfire/Luna with Quickened Pulse, Death Blow 3, and a Hone Atk. If you don't have Quickened Pulse, you can use Moonbow and an additional Spur Atk to do it.

It takes a bit of setup, but not actually too shabby for a dagger user.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Sunk all my orbs into this banner, and I finally got Summer Robin! YES let's check out those IVs...

+HP/-Spd

FFFFFFFFffine. Fine, that's fine. There's still all month to try again and I'll just merge her into a better IV combo (which is literally any other IV combo).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just to double check, merging adds together SP, right? You don't have to do your inheritance before doing merges?

I haven't merged anything since February

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah it does. It's worth it to level the one your losing up until it's a pain in the rear end to do it anymore because it's easier to get SP at lower levels.

edit: I spent 10 orbs I got from doing the paralogue and got nothing!! I spent 6 dollars on 10 more and also got nothing!! I'm really, really dumb!!!

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 1, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Just to double check, merging adds together SP, right? You don't have to do your inheritance before doing merges?

The way I had it work was that all the learned skills were added and I got a static amount of sp(80, I think? That was for a 4 star though) in addition, but the unused sp was just lost.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

cheetah7071 posted:

Nope, you lose all SP on the one you sacrifice, getting a flat amount in return. You keep all learned skills, so you're best off splitting any SI from your ideal build between the two.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's a really dumb system, but I'm glad I double checked!

Though my first Tiki has close to 1k SP after buying everything but sol. That C skill sure is something else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Daily orbs are coming back until the 1.5 update.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Apparently ploy skills don't work right now so we'll be getting apology orbs probably

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Murderion posted:

Nope, you lose all SP on the one you sacrifice, getting a flat amount in return. You keep all learned skills, so you're best off splitting any SI from your ideal build between the two.

Uhhhh woops.

I just got Gaius up to level 40 in one sitting, the exp boost is really nice.

Final stats with his special bow, Fury 3, Vantage 3, and Def Ploy 3

HP: 31
Atk: 45
Spd: 43 :eyepop:
Def: 22
Res: 31

He's real good, he slaughters mages without any trouble. His good res and sky high speed means most mages won't be able to kill him. His res will also be an asset once def ploy is working properly.

edit: My only other 5* archer is Takumi, and Gaius is just flat out better. My Takumi is also +speed and all he really has to boast over Gaius is a single point of Atk.

edit: 36 speed on +Spd Takumi for reference

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 1, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Man, I got screwed over this gauntlet round by picking Priscilla, I slept through the early hours and was only awake for one hour with the bonus.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Akett posted:

Man, I got screwed over this gauntlet round by picking Priscilla, I slept through the early hours and was only awake for one hour with the bonus.

I'm hoping that we get more bonus hours in the final round against Elise. I have a lot of flags. :/

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Okay, started with 150 orbs, ended with 10. Let's see what I got, and if it was worth it to skip the last main banner:

5* Abel, but with worse IVs than the one I currently have, so he was fed to
4* Effie +atk/-def - new character
5* Eldigan +res/-hp - new character
5* Summer Tiki +spd/-hp - new character

And 7 Sullys, because who knows.

I'd say I got a good haul.

stratego
May 6, 2007

I got two bikini Tikis and they are both -spd. One is +HP and the other +RES. Should I merge or are these skills worth passing on to someone else?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
After using Gaius for a few rounds in the arena I've uh...revised my opinion of him. He can't be killed by bad mages, meta mages piss all over his face like they do everything else because of his low HP. He's still good, but he'll never be effective mage bait.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
With 2xSP decided to get Ursula some SP and learn that Blarblade she inherited earlier.

So a horse buffed blade tome. This is some crazy rear end poo poo right here.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I started a pull thinking I might go for Frederick since I don't have any good dagger units, only got one colourless orb -- and it was a neutral Kagero, who's way better! So that's it for me for the summer banner, and probably colourless orbs altogether lol.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I whaled a bit for this. 80 orbs down and I got extremely lucky by getting one of each, with a Freddy on the first orb of the first pull! I then showed the game's gatcha off to a friend last night which also landed me my second Gaius.

HOWEVER

Literally all of them are -ATK or -SPD loving because of loving course they loving are. :argh:

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

cheetah7071 posted:

Thieves are bad in this game except like Kagero specifically. You can also mulch a Kagero to turn another thief into a worse Kagero.

Felicia is the best thief and also the best waifu. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Viscardus posted:

Felicia is the best thief and also the best waifu. :colbert:

She's probably fine in the Reinhardt meta and there's no accounting for waifu taste

Godspeed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder what Intsys could even do to end the Reinhardt meta

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder what Intsys could even do to end the Reinhardt meta

Nino exists

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

Nino exists

I mean so does Julia but I still see Reinhardt every other arena fight

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Release a vantage version that only works when user is at 100% hp and inherit it to your green unit that has 2 range or has distant counter.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I fought the world's greatest player in arena today

40+9 felicia with windsweep, attack ploy and iceberg, 40+9 niles with distant def, attack ploy and iceberg, distant counter athena, windsweep fcorrin, the works

i still creamed him with my cookie cutter rein/ryoma/hector team but he deserves credit for being the change he wants to see in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tithin posted:

Nino exists

+ATK Rein kills with an attack buff kills a nino more often than not. Julia and some rare Hectors are pretty much the only units I can't kill with Rein in the arena.

Having so few counters and being amazing on both offense and (arena) defense means that the meta will continue to revolve around Rein.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 1, 2017