Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It was a 3 pronged attack - export their jobs, flood their neighborhoods with crack, and ramp up the prison system. This destroyed the black family and they were the beta testers of the globalist plan.

Yug posted:

It makes sense. It's the same reason they did human medical experiments on rural blacks, because they knew no one would give a poo poo.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the crack epidemic happened when the CIA had its fingers in Colombia specifically and south america in general.

And then when they have Afghanistan and 90% of world poppy production there's a heroin epidemic.

Pretty suspicious, pretty coincidental if you ask me.

It's a solid theory and I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's a solid theory and I like it

I mean the CIA is involved in the drug trade all over. What's up for debate is whether they're weaponizing it to control the American population or just as a funding source. I think probably it's both.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My thesis statement is always "End the drug war"

I'm sure jeff sessions is right on track with that

And yet somehow it is the fault of liberals obv

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

I mean the CIA is involved in the drug trade all over. What's up for debate is whether they're weaponizing it to control the American population or just as a funding source. I think probably it's both.

I mean the loving Clintons were flying in the coke and then writing the legislation to throw away the dealers for life

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Yug posted:

I know you're an irredeemable conservative sack of poo poo, but you should read The Devil's Chessboard by David Talbot, a left winger

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Wolfsheim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEqX_2rK4wM

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wolfsheim posted:

I wouldn't say it's their fault, but considering Trump was a party outsider and former New York Democrat, the Ds really could have tried to make deals and pull him to the left instead of straight obstructing and refusing to even meet with him.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RedSpider posted:

I know you're an irredeemable conservative sack of poo poo, but you should read The Devil's Chessboard by David Talbot, a left winger

I'm not a conservative, that's not how I'd describe myself at all. I like reading left wingers, I'll read from all points of view. I'll look into it.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It was a 3 pronged attack - export their jobs, flood their neighborhoods with crack, and ramp up the prison system. This destroyed the black family and they were the beta testers of the globalist plan.

lmao yeah black people were doing just great in America before the globalists got their grimy hands on them

seriously what the gently caress is this deranged poo poo lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

RedSpider posted:

It's a solid book but I think doesn't fully address the question of who is controlling the CIA??

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Boner Zone posted:

lmao yeah black people were doing just great in America before the globalists got their grimy hands on them

so are you saying that the federal government didn't use the crack epidemic to fund covert actions in central and south america?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Boner Zone posted:

Yes, black Americans were, before the 80s, experiencing very real improvements in civil rights and social mobility in the 60s and 70s.

This upward trend started to plateau in the 80s and 90s as the economy chilled and waves of drug and gang wars sweeped across the now abandoned inner cities.

Black Americans were on the working class road to the middle class until that road was shut off, for both blacks and whites, by the end of the 80s and 90s.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

Nobody is saying that. But crack completely destroyed communities and broke up families. You don't think it's a little suspicious there's a drug epidemic that corresponds to whatever country we're invading?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Boner Zone posted:

You dumb bro? Why don't you learn black history, seeing as you're a champion of the African race or whatever

A lot of these ghettos and dangerous neighborhoods used to be middle class black neighborhoods

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I wouldn't say it's their fault, but considering Trump was a party outsider and former New York Democrat, the Ds really could have tried to make deals and pull him to the left instead of straight obstructing and refusing to even meet with him.

Are you saying that by not being nicer to him he was forced to hire the most spiteful neocon cabinet possible

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I mean they weren't doing "great" but they were doing a hell of a lot better before the cocaine epidemic in the 80's.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wolfsheim posted:

Are you saying that by not being nicer to him he was forced to hire the most spiteful neocon cabinet possible

Yes. Trump was open to discussion and they spit in his face. In the face of such vitriol, moderates ran from him as fast as they could. The only people left were the worst of the worst, the nuttiest Republican hardliners with nothing to lose.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Who's a neocon in his cabinet besides maybe mcmaster?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Holy rollfrfss i just took a pan phone a hillary's birthday party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKNr6ID2sc

reeeaaaa ack ack ack ack aahhhhh

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes. Trump was open to discussion and they spit in his face. In the face of such vitriol, moderates ran from him as fast as they could. The only people left were the worst of the worst, the nuttiest Republican hardliners with nothing to lose.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if the Democrats do win the house and the senate in '18. It's not going to happen with the pelosi anchor around the dems weighing them down, they'd have to ditch her and get someone that was working class friendly.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol Ox getting wrecked on the reg

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
What'd he do this time lol

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Skypie posted:

What'd he do this time lol

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

This is also why his coverage of Occupy Wall Street was so incredibly bad

John Stewart Leibowitz aka "John Stewart" is ultimately part of the same power elite he is supposed to be criticizing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't know what he has against the green lanterns but this sounds deserved.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WillyFoReal/status/880975096369733632

GBS ^

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
alt right and left anarchists ?? Lol what

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

who the hell is buying the silent majority avatars

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FisheyStix posted:

I don't know what he has against the green lanterns but this sounds deserved.

Green Lanterns are boring. :colbert:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lowtax

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

My suggestion is Hilary Clinton, still angry over losing to a reality TV show host.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

half the people who have them aren't even trump supporters

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

this thred irl

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Piss de Bundy posted:

alt right and left anarchists ?? Lol what

Dave Rubin is an alt right neonazi homophobe right now according to twitter. The terms don't even mean anything anymore lol.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
The war on drugs is a goddamn monstrosity that absolutely is just an excuse to crack down on black "criminals" and it has had more negative effects on their communities than anyone else's. But that ain't new, the drug war was just a new excuse to do the same poo poo they did during Jim crow and the same poo poo they did during the days of slave patrols.

Today black men are 6 times as likely to be incarcerated than white men. In 1960, before the war on drugs, they were still 5 times as likely to be. It's exacerbated problems that already existed and lots of you seem to get in the habit of thinking the war on drugs is the main driver of whatever problems you perceive in the black community when this poo poo goes back to the colonial days.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/09/06/incarceration-gap-between-whites-and-blacks-widens/

W.E.B. Du Bois posted:

Moreover, in the case of the Negro there were special causes for the prevalence of crime: he had lately been freed from serfdom, he was the object of stinging oppression and ridicule, and paths of an advancement open to many were closed to him. Consequently the class of the shiftless, aimless, idle, discouraged and disappointed was proportionately larger.

In the city of Philadelphia the increasing number of bold and daring crimes committed by Negroes in the last ten years had focused the attention of the city on this subject. There is a widespread feeling that something is wrong with a race that is responsible for so much crime, and that strong remedies are called for. One has but to visit the corridors of the public buildings, when the courts are in session, to realize the part played in law-breaking by the Negro population. The various slum centres of the colored criminal population have lately been the objects of much philanthropic effort, and the work there has aroused discussion. Judges on the bench have discussed the matter. Indeed, to the minds many, this is the real Negro problem.

That was in the 1890s, and he talks about blacks having a disproportionately high incarceration rate going back to at least the early 1800s.

I don't get what is so hard to acknowledge what a deleterious effect racism has had on our country. It doesn't take much to imagine how racism has limited all kinds of opportunities for black people for generations now and how those limited opportunities in education, jobs and homes can compound each other and have nasty consequences. And I think it's extremely disingenuous to claim to be in favor of progressing race relations while steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the effect of racism historically. What the heck kind of progress can you possibly make when you ignore some of the largest root causes?

I grew up in the south and the older I got the more and more I've lamented what this place could've been but most definitely isn't. It's just plain stupid as gently caress to let racism dictate policy which limits the economic potential of a huge chunk of your population, if you want to take race entirely out of the equation. I mean just imagine what the south would look like today if Jim crow never happened and black people had been seen as equals worthy of good educations and good jobs, homes etc.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
End the loving war on drugs.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

The war on drugs is a goddamn monstrosity that absolutely is just an excuse to crack down on black "criminals" and it has had more negative effects on their communities than anyone else's. But that ain't new, the drug war was just a new excuse to do the same poo poo they did during Jim crow and the same poo poo they did during the days of slave patrols.

Today black men are 6 times as likely to be incarcerated than white men. In 1960, before the war on drugs, they were still 5 times as likely to be. It's exacerbated problems that already existed and lots of you seem to get in the habit of thinking the war on drugs is the main driver of whatever problems you perceive in the black community when this poo poo goes back to the colonial days.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/09/06/incarceration-gap-between-whites-and-blacks-widens/

That was in the 1890s, and he talks about blacks having a disproportionately high incarceration rate going back to at least the early 1800s.

I don't get what is so hard to acknowledge what a deleterious effect racism has had on our country. It doesn't take much to imagine how racism has limited all kinds of opportunities for black people for generations now and how those limited opportunities in education, jobs and homes can compound each other and have nasty consequences. And I think it's extremely disingenuous to claim to be in favor of progressing race relations while steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the effect of racism historically. What the heck kind of progress can you possibly make when you ignore some of the largest root causes?

I grew up in the south and the older I got the more and more I've lamented what this place could've been but most definitely isn't. It's just plain stupid as gently caress to let racism dictate policy which limits the economic potential of a huge chunk of your population, if you want to take race entirely out of the equation. I mean just imagine what the south would look like today if Jim crow never happened and black people had been seen as equals worthy of good educations and good jobs, homes etc.

you're talking to people who meltdown and cry into hysterics over racism against whites lmao

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

A lot of these ghettos and dangerous neighborhoods used to be middle class black neighborhoods

while we're at it let's toss interstate highways into the "used to be middle class black neighborhoods" category

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piss de Bundy posted:

you're talking to people who meltdown and cry into hysterics over racism against whites lmao

an earnest rant at the burger king drive through speaker can be risky, but sometimes you just might reach someone's soul on the other end of that warbling piece of poo poo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I would hope that most people itt are for ending the drug war as we know it.

I'm not sure what you want to do about the highway situation but I want to keep our highways, sorry.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

a bone to pick posted:

End the loving war on drugs.

Eat the loving war on drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

I would hope that most people itt are for ending the drug war as we know it.

I'd hope so too, and yet this thread is all about how awesome the man is who appointed Jefferson Beauregard Sessions to AG.

I think they're already ramping up drug raids around here lol

• Locked thread