Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ah drat I forgot I had deleted D3 to make space for other lesser games. Fast internet so it's not too bad but I just wanna corpseslam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

How does the Necro feel with the buttons? A lot of multi-managing or is it fairly intuitive?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

How does the Necro feel with the buttons? A lot of multi-managing or is it fairly intuitive?

Diablo 3 on a controller works really well in general (other than builds that require num lock auto click spam) so long as you're using the Option to unlock button binding

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

^burtle posted:

It feels good, the targeting is reasonably well done, you face the general direction of mobs and the corpses closest them to them will explode. I never felt like I exploded the wrong corpse or hit the wrong enemy or anything like that.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I purchased the Necro pack on PS4 and its still not working. Everytime I select the necro pack on the title screen/try to make a new Neco character it says "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be on sale". I'm on Euro Ps4, my game is fully updated, I've tried restoring the licences and resetting the console numerous times without any change. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I purchased the Necro pack on PS4 and its still not working. Everytime I select the necro pack on the title screen/try to make a new Neco character it says "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be on sale". I'm on Euro Ps4, my game is fully updated, I've tried restoring the licences and resetting the console numerous times without any change. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello! If, like me, you had a disc based version then went for the digital version because of a sale, then you have to fully delete the disc install and begin again. It wouldn't let me just move over to a digital version and it treats them as completely different games.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Hello! If, like me, you had a disc based version then went for the digital version because of a sale, then you have to fully delete the disc install and begin again. It wouldn't let me just move over to a digital version and it treats them as completely different games.

Hi, thanks for the response.

No I've never bought the disc version. I have always used the digital version.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Hi, thanks for the response.

No I've never bought the disc version. I have always used the digital version.

Ahh, then I am not sure. Unless you are from the EU? I got 2 seperate versions when I bought digital. One was for the UK and the other was Russian/Slightly outside the EU. They were also seperate. Is it possible the DLC is linked to the wrong version of that?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Ahh, then I am not sure. Unless you are from the EU? I got 2 seperate versions when I bought digital. One was for the UK and the other was Russian/Slightly outside the EU. They were also seperate. Is it possible the DLC is linked to the wrong version of that?

I'm in the UK but there is only one version of Diablo III for PS4 that is available to buy and download on PSN (not counting the new one they just added with Necro built in).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Am I wrong or does all the hacked gear come from PS3/360 saves? I guess adding seasons solves the problem now but it seems like patching out cross gen save imports after a while would have done more good than bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm in the UK but there is only one version of Diablo III for PS4 that is available to buy and download on PSN (not counting the new one they just added with Necro built in).

I wish I could help. :( I know I had a DLC issue on the PS3 with Dante's Inferno. I bought the disc off amazon, then tried to buy the DLC. Turns out the disc was from a different version in Europe and the DLC was looking for a UK game. It sounds so much like what you're experiencing that I thought it would be the answer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love the poo poo out of the Necro. Honeymoon period etc but it's my favorite class at the moment. So many spooky buddies everywhere and corpseblasts :black101:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Same here. Gone full minion master - golem, skeleton mages, skeleton warriors, revive, and that bone spike ability as my essence builder. If you're not alive, you're on my side. :black101:

Necromancer continues to be a humourless person though, and doesn't even seem to be acting as the straight man in a conversation. Just quick "mmhmm" for most of it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Am I wrong or does all the hacked gear come from PS3/360 saves? I guess adding seasons solves the problem now but it seems like patching out cross gen save imports after a while would have done more good than bad.

Yes, as far as I know, all the hacked crap came from imported saves from oldgen.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
So we shouldn't expect any cheaters/hackers in seasons?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Correct

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah, that's why in the OP i strongly suggest against playing GRifts with pubbies. In a normal game playing with a cheater is sucky but they won't actively ruin your game...in a GRIft they can start queueing up for ridiculously high rifts or fast clear it so quickly you start levelling up out of control. This is now somewhat mitigated by the fact that you can only run GRifts you've earned access to, but in the old days it was uncommon to run a GRrift trial and get thrown into a level 100 GRift and have some guys with a 3 gem Professional Russian Sword nuke the whole thing in 2 minutes and get you like 500 Paragon levels in a single game.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 28, 2017

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Diablo 3 on a controller works really well in general (other than builds that require num lock auto click spam) so long as you're using the Option to unlock button binding

Oh yeah, I've played console since it launched was just curious how the micromanaging of pets felt.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

^burtle posted:

Oh yeah, I've played console since it launched was just curious how the micromanaging of pets felt.

So far so good. Pet management just activates their ability so as long as you're pointing vaguely at the enemy they will aggro that ability on the enemy then just continue their regular attacks automatically. Honestly the only weird thing for me so far is making sure I'm consuming enough corpses while flying through my other button presses.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 28, 2017

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Necro is cool and good. I decided to play the story again and see the new necro dialogue. Got annoyed with how slow it was going so after the skeleton king I dumped in my paragons and gems. Oh and my dlc didn't work at first either. I bought and downloaded it but the game had him greyed out. Had to do a ps4 reboot before the game saw the content.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I thought it was reported that seasonal hacks/duping made into last console season?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I love the idea of these Challenge Rifts. I hope we get to select from a variety of players soon - just let us go nuts and earn as many rewards in a week as there are players to use.

Actually being able to play as these poo poo kicking builds that do 900 million damage a hit makes me want to get to that point more than reading about them on Icy Veins.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I played the Necro a bit on the PC version and it was a ton of fun. Then I played it on console and totally forgot about the camera being more naturally zoomed in on the console versions so corpse explosions look even more explosiony.

Console Necro rules extra hard.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I decided to use the Necro in hardcore and it's pretty fun. Launching a flesh golem into a mob and then corpse lancing everybody is really satisfying.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

GreatGreen posted:

I played the Necro a bit on the PC version and it was a ton of fun. Then I played it on console and totally forgot about the camera being more naturally zoomed in on the console versions so corpse explosions look even more explosiony.

Console Necro rules extra hard.

I love the way the corpses crawl around The Thing-like when you take the last rune that makes them home in on enemies

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, Torment 3 and only one set item drop in 70 paragon levels. :saddowns:

Multiplayer seems dead in multiplayer. Think I'll have to disable region block, lag and language be damned.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just picked this up because I couldn't resist the nostalgia of playing my favorite D2 class. I played on PC a long time ago, so the switch to console is a little odd, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also, is there an ETA on the next season starting? I see on the main menu that one ended recently, but I can't remember how much time there is inbetween.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Because of the necro they are doing an extra long time between seasons this round. New season starts July 20

bigdaddyo
Jun 28, 2008
I haven't played diablo 3 since right before the patch they introduced legendary gems in. Does anyone have a link to or wouldn't mind providing a quick checklist of things I should be doing at the start of a season?

I bough the eternal collection for my Xbone (originally played on pc), so I'm starting completely from scratch. Banging out the campaign on a necro right now and enjoying the nostalgia, but want to get serious once the new season starts in July. Will only play adventure mode. Anything I should collect or do while I level to 70 that'll be useful end game?

This game is nothing like I remember it with the cube and primal ancient stuff and all that . Wondering how to catch up on what's important to get done and in what order at the start of any new season.

Thanks!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Man the Necro is the most Diablo poo poo in this game by far. I hit 70 today and I'm so pumped to fully figure out this class.

What skills are you guys enjoying so far?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Enjoying Necro so far, just hit level 35, but I just realized... is my character even using their weapon at all? Like actually hitting anything with her sword or scythe or whatever?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Icy Veins has a few preliminary builds posted so be sure to check those out.

I had a buddy P-Level me to 70 real quick last night so I'm just sitting in T1 farming gear to get a few of those builds set up.

The Inarius helmet looks baller as gently caress. It's basically the St. Pancratius helmet

Edit: a dull video of the helmet on a toon
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/33424207

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 30, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Roman posted:

Enjoying Necro so far, just hit level 35, but I just realized... is my character even using their weapon at all? Like actually hitting anything with her sword or scythe or whatever?

Weapon animations in Diablo 3 are mostly just cosmetic as most classes don't even attack with their weapon to cast spells. Their stats and damage are of course very important however as all of your abilities scale off base weapon damage, regardless of whether or not the weapon is "hitting" the monster.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Roman posted:

Probably not any more or less than the Wizard or Witch Doctor.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Trying to get back into this after not playing since reaper of souls released so if anyone on the xbone wants to kill poo poo n chill shoot my Gt a msg it's the same as my name here

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gah, waiting until the 20th for the new season is gonna be rough. I guess it will give me some time to figure out what skills I like and stuff.

Is there a pretty active goon community on PS4? I dunno if they have the same guild system or whatever as on PC, but I'd definitely have more fun playing with goons than doing grifts with randos that may or may not be able to work together.

edit: oops, should have scrolled down past the OP I guess!

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 1, 2017

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Do you have to do something special to have seasonal paragon transfer over ?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

ExCruceLeo posted:

Do you have to do something special to have seasonal paragon transfer over ?

Nope. My 250 seasonal paragon levels ported to my main characters automatically. Went from 350 to 445 on its own.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Saw this was on sale on the Xbox One and I'm getting the itch. Haven't played since D2, would it be worth it to jump in now for $38?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

a mysterious cloak posted:

Saw this was on sale on the Xbox One and I'm getting the itch. Haven't played since D2, would it be worth it to jump in now for $38?

1) it's a poo poo load of content for 40
2) D3 plays very well on a console
3) the price will likely go back to 60 after the summer sale ends