Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Someone got into the nip..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

silentsnack posted:

He can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted yet. Also, even if the senate doesn't impeach him... Mueller&co can just publish whatever damning evidence there is and then stall the investigation from actually prosecuting until he's out of office, then everyone gets slammed on RICO charges.

Just kidding, we're probably not going to have a government that is either legitimate or not 100%-corrupt, ever.

Im pretty sure the president can pardon someone without them actually being charged

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Cantor is the first person discussed in that documentary I linked to. Though, for some reason it has some weird pinhole video effect when I watch that link? Maybe there's a better one.

is that the bbc documentary with the ridiculous host in the leather jacket in darkened rooms speaking like a loving idiot

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i have some bad news for you re: the powers of the president

I have some bad news for Trump when Kushner is brought up on state charges, which he can't do poo poo about.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

galenanorth posted:

"Someone got into the nip..."

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

is that the bbc documentary with the ridiculous host in the leather jacket in darkened rooms speaking like a loving idiot

can you narrow that down

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/881009493114585089

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

can you narrow that down

i think hes bald

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Orkin Mang posted:

Not that one but that might be the guy who does Story of Maths or the guy who does Islam and Maths. All of them are kind of hilariously overdramatic but it's still good poo poo.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
It is formally undecidable in our axioms of mathematics, e.g. we can prove that it is not provable either way, as to whether or not there are infinities in between the size of normal (countable) infinity and the infinity size that Cantor found. See: The Continuum Hypothesis.

Infinity is weird.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Not that one but that might be the guy who does Story of Maths or the guy who does Islam and Maths. All of them are kind of hilariously overdramatic but it's still good poo poo.

this is the one i mean

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20grta_horizon-infinity-bbc_shortfilms

gently caress lol

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

This guy?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo godel put to rest any claims that hte human mind is a computer machine

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It is formally undecidable in our axioms of mathematics, e.g. we can prove that it is not provable either way, as to whether or not there are infinities in between the size of normal (countable) infinity and the infinity size that Cantor found. See: The Continuum Hypothesis.

Infinity is weird.

It could be, we don't know but it could be Infinity

(applause)

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Haha that is something else.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Orkin Mang posted:

imo godel put to rest any claims that hte human mind is a computer machine

unless thats what the simulation wants you to think >:]

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
You guys see that lawfare post?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Haha that is something else.

he wastes so much time being 'cool' that they never really get around to much detail,it sucks especially for bbc they are mostly allright

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I wish our TV had guys getting loving stoked about knowledge. Just going nuts like a televangelist about descartes' modern turn. That would own.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

dangerous knowledge

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I wish our TV had guys getting loving stoked about knowledge. Just going nuts like a televangelist about descartes' modern turn. That would own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1osd0jMC4

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

this is the cheapest of cheap pop

I miss orb

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

guys

current pace suggests that day crew is gonna get the hitler page

we cant let them have it

:justpost:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Sharps posted:

unless thats what the simulation wants you to think >:]

nah were not computers.it was always pretty obvious but some ppl got so excited about computers that they pretended they were computers as well. they did the same tings with telephones and poo poo. the mind is just one big telephone they said ahahha,bc telephones were so cool. same with hydraulics and poo poo,hence the humours

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

that sounds awful.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GrimGypsy posted:

guys

we cant let them have it

we must secure the existence of our posts and a future for nite crew

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

guys

we cant let them have it

eh but what if they do?

*long drag on cigarette*

*shrugs, walks down the alley, very Spike Speigel-ishly*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

nixon was pardoned without being convicted

wasnt nixons game plan by the end basically: "how do i abdicate while keeping my sweet presidential retirement benefits?"

one of the people i work with lives in san clemente, where nixon retired and died. it seems like a nice place. i asked htem if they ever went to the nixon museum and met the older, slow janitor who vaguely resembles nixon but they had never been

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

You guys see that lawfare post?

Yes, its all insanely tucked and I have to imagine Mueller will be talking to him very soon about testifying

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GrimGypsy posted:

guys

we cant let them have it

hitler lol more like shitler

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the bloody baron just told me about getting cucked for years and get hosed by a horse. he's cspam as gently caress.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

cumshitter posted:

wasnt nixons game plan by the end basically: "how do i abdicate while keeping my sweet presidential retirement benefits?"

one of the people i work with lives in san clemente, where nixon retired and died. it seems like a nice place. i asked htem if they ever went to the nixon museum and met the older, slow janitor who vaguely resembles nixon but they had never been

condolences to your coworker, but the nixon library is cool

not that cool though since they kick you out for dancing on his grave

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

cumshitter posted:

wasnt nixons game plan by the end basically: "how do i abdicate while keeping my sweet presidential retirement benefits?

this was bud dwyer's thing. if he resigned his wife lost all her benefits, but if he died in office she kept them.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Orkin Mang posted:

nah were not computers.it was always pretty obvious but some ppl got so excited about computers that they pretended they were computers as well. they did the same tings with telephones and poo poo. the mind is just one big telephone they said ahahha,bc telephones were so cool. same with hydraulics and poo poo,hence the humours

oh i was thinking more along the lines of all those vairous pop science headlines about how we actually live in a simulated universe due to misunderstanding statistics / the various holographic universe theories (that stuff does my head in i dont even pretend to understand that one) / things being quantized at the smallest scales

the human brain being comparable to a computer though yeah that's pretty dumb tho some of the research into simulating brains is very interesting and I think will eventualy lead to the realization that consciousness is much more of a flexible thing than something that is either there or not.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Crisis of Infinite Trumps

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Reality Winner posted:

this was bud dwyer's thing. if he resigned his wife lost all her benefits, but if he died in office she kept them.

also because of how the corruption law was written he literally couldn't mount a defense against his corruption charges

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes, its all insanely tucked and I have to imagine Mueller will be talking to him very soon about testifying

tick tick this is gonna be a big one when it drops surely it will stay in the news cycle for more than 3 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MariusLecter posted:

Crisis of Infinite Trumps

just imagine all the piss tapes they would produce

go on

really imagine it

• Locked thread