Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
noooooooooo!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I wonder if the devs intentionally made the last pre level 50 dungeon as miserable as possible intentionally or accidentally.

seriously gently caress aurum vale

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

I wonder if the devs intentionally made the last pre level 50 dungeon as miserable as possible intentionally or accidentally.

seriously gently caress aurum vale

Aurum Vale is a hold over from 1.0! The significance of that I'll leave up to you!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I healed a tank in full right side 270 today in Susano Ex. I didn't notice until I saw his dps was 700 higher than the other tank. It literally made no difference to my workload as healer.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I was wondering why one of the 4.0 hairstyles looked vaguely familiar until I got around to doing the Hildy quests I'd been neglecting :vince:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Today I learned the swarming masses do not understand how Susano works.

Specifically, Thunderheads and the red marker.

You don't line those up.

You don't stand perpendicular to the raid.

Why is that loving hard?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

BrightWing posted:

I made a RDM glam. Its alright I guess.

Joker, you have to cast Verraise on the bad DPS or our raid's gonna wipe

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My little FC finally made it through the end of Heavensward tonight. You may remember us from the "newbie blind dungeon run" posts.

We'd been stomping through all of the HW dungeons without too much trouble, but even with our ilvl 255+ gear, that last fight really isn't playing around. The Griffon killed us pretty handily the first two tries, and we barely squeaked through the third attempt.

I kind of hated the twist on that last story bit though. Tossing Nidhogg's eyes off a bridge is the fantasy equivalent of leaving an old sofa on the side of the road and being surprised when it disappears.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Book club is stronger than i thought.

https://twitter.com/NaschaStrig/status/880983180588720130

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Squashing Machine posted:

Joker, you have to cast Verraise on the bad DPS or our raid's gonna wipe

You had to learn Red Magic somehow. Who taught you?!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Mechanically speaking the Extreme primals are pretty casual-friendly, but in terms of sheer numbers, most DPS just doesn't seem to be cutting it. Lakshmi's enrage has been my consistent point of failure, so I don't think I'll be finishing either of the big raids until we get a new tier of equipment unlocked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I healed a tank in full right side 270 today in Susano Ex. I didn't notice until I saw his dps was 700 higher than the other tank. It literally made no difference to my workload as healer.

It's almost like vit accessories are hot garbage right now and there's no reason to wear any of them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

My little FC finally made it through the end of Heavensward tonight. You may remember us from the "newbie blind dungeon run" posts.

We'd been stomping through all of the HW dungeons without too much trouble, but even with our ilvl 255+ gear, that last fight really isn't playing around. The Griffon killed us pretty handily the first two tries, and we barely squeaked through the third attempt.

I kind of hated the twist on that last story bit though. Tossing Nidhogg's eyes off a bridge is the fantasy equivalent of leaving an old sofa on the side of the road and being surprised when it disappears.
Its a REALLY tall bridge

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

homeless snail posted:

Its a REALLY tall bridge

Also people aren't able to go down there. The WoD were able to go but that's because they're aetherial beings.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also people aren't able to go down there. The WoD were able to go but that's because they're aetherial beings.
Well then, it's a good thing there aren't any other evil aetherial beings hanging around, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

homeless snail posted:

Its a REALLY tall bridge

... How was it built? If no one can go down to the bottom unless they're magical?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

WhiteHowler posted:

Well then, it's a good thing there aren't any other evil aetherial beings hanging around, right?

Literally nobody was thinking about that. It was a panic 'GET RID OF THEM NOW' response.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's almost like vit accessories are hot garbage right now and there's no reason to wear any of them.

Yep. So the groups demanding ilvl >300 tanks are gimping the group to no benefit. STR right side has more than enough HP to deal with the biggest tankbusters with normal amounts of mitigation.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Presumably in just a few weeks there will be tankbusters demanding vit rightside, but I wouldn't be surprised if i270 remained fine in pug content through the entire expansion.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

SKULL.GIF posted:

... How was it built? If no one can go down to the bottom unless they're magical?

To be fair, Ishgard was NOT a frozen hellscape originally. It only became one when Bahamut showed up and hosed the world up.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
how do multiple people fail the final story Trial QTE *multiple times* christ

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That level 70 trial is a heck of a thing and a nightmare as a healer with DF dps. Maybe i'll down it tomorrow.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
like i am by no means good at the game in any sense of the word but i can click a flashing button a few times

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

MotU posted:

like i am by no means good at the game in any sense of the word but i can click a flashing button a few times

you dont even need to click the flashing button

you can slam your palms on your keyboard repeatedly and it will accept the inputs

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Actually, another thing bothers me about the end of Heavensward's MSQ:

I understand what Ilberd was trying to do with his false-flag attack on Baelsar's Wall. He was trying to force the Garleans to retaliate or invade, which would spark a full-scale war with the Alliance. If the Alliance wins, Ala Mhigo is free.

What I don't get is the whole thing with Nidhogg's eyes. His fallback plan was to kill himself to summon a primal powerful enough to destroy the world (and Ala Mhigo with it)? And the way he talks after the fight, this was a key part of his plan all along. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

WhiteHowler posted:

Actually, another thing bothers me about the end of Heavensward's MSQ:

I understand what Ilberd was trying to do with his false-flag attack on Baelsar's Wall. He was trying to force the Garleans to retaliate or invade, which would spark a full-scale war with the Alliance. If the Alliance wins, Ala Mhigo is free.

What I don't get is the whole thing with Nidhogg's eyes. His fallback plan was to kill himself to summon a primal powerful enough to destroy the world (and Ala Mhigo with it)? And the way he talks after the fight, this was a key part of his plan all along. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

It wasn't a fallback plan - his family is dead, he's been played by his only allies for years, and he had some Ascians prodding him. From the very start he expected it was a suicide mission for everyone involved.

I was under the impression at this point he didn't care if Ala Mhigo was free. He wanted Eorzea to burn. Either Shinryu would do that, or the Garlean's response to Shinryu would.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Everyone he's ever loved is dead.
None of his allies are actually allies.
He doesn't have enough people to wage war against Garlemald.
He can't get the Eorzean Alliance to retake Ala Mhigo.
He's cut off the arm of the one person who could be considered his closest friend.
And he's got Ascians whispering in his ear.

This was always going to end in his death, one way or another. He was going to get back at everyone, for everything.

Nihilism is a hell of a drug.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Presumably in just a few weeks there will be tankbusters demanding vit rightside

laughingalexander.mp4

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I forget when it was, either living liquid or brute justice, but there were tanks with only a thousand or so more hp than the drg, and this was considered normal and good

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Well I managed to get through one of the EX primals. Thanks to everyone that helped out. The attempt to join a farm party in the PF did not work out. It's so strange, the mechanics seem so simple to me. Gotta squeeze out that last hit before crossing ove- oops, lightning for everybody.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
SE needs to add tokens for the ARR primals because having to rely on the items dropping to use for glamour suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My favourite thing about playing Monk in HW cos I haven't since SB was people getting pissy with me for not hitting LB the second they ask when 1. I already knew when I was going to push it and 2. There's a small window right at the start of Greased Lightning refreshing where if you do LB 1 or 2 then, you can keep your stack.

In HW you could keep your GL stacks even when firing LB3.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Every once in a while if I think a tank is too big for his britches I'll save up for 75+ mana, wait for him to pull a large pack, then Embolden, Enchanted Moulinet, Manafication, and 3xEnchanted Moulinet with a Contre Sixte before he settles in

If I'm still alive five seconds later I concede the victory :v:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. Watching the healer dump lustrates/etc into me instead of the tank is funny.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Some dumb teenagers on youtube tried this recently and failed.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Goty

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nihilism is a hell of a drug.

If anything that's caring-too-much instead of nihilism.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really wonder what will be in the Omega raid.

Originally, I figured Shinryu would be a part of that raid. Maybe have Shinryu as the Omega-8 boss. With Omega as the Omega-12 boss. But since Shinryu is in the MSQ, I just don't know what to expect at all.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

WhiteHowler posted:

Hey I just finished the end of Heavensward too! :toot:

Excited to take my RDM and AST through Stormblood.

The new Quest Complete music makes me unreasonably happy. :3:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some dumb teenagers on youtube tried this recently and failed.

Nice

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Happy canada day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yep. So the groups demanding ilvl >300 tanks are gimping the group to no benefit. STR right side has more than enough HP to deal with the biggest tankbusters with normal amounts of mitigation.

I'm not entirely sure why they reverted vitality to not adding to attack power for tanks. Am I in the minority in saying that I thought that was actually a positive change that encouraged tanks to equip, well, tank items? It feels like a strange thing to do and was kind of hoping to not see a situation where tanks are equipping strength items at the expensive of survivability, or worse yet forcing tanks to have both.

I dunno, like sure it's not hard to keep yourself alive as a tank with the proper use of cooldowns and keeping an eye out for tankbusters, but I don't think that going for accessories designed for other classes is a reasonable solution.