Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Nah, Tuesday and it's all good. Everyone else forgot too. :)

Oh poo poo new page son. THE PRESSURE'S ON, GOTTA MAKE IT GOOD

uh select as appropriate

a)arus is fat?

b)asurabutt.jpg?

c) op is out of date?

d) braham and trahearne loving

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fifteen of Many posted:

whoa whoa whoa

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

whoa whoa whoa

Starting to see pictures now, ain't ya?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Fifteen of Many posted:

This is unrelated to GW2 but I need to share. I've come to Pittsburgh for work meetings and there appears to be some kind of furry convention going on? They are streaming in and out of the hotel and are varying degrees of horrifying.

Well, thanks for listening, diary.

Related to GW2 though, you Migraine ditchers are real punks! Why I oughtta! CaptainWeedo was so hurt he wept openly.

as the least skilled and worst geared player in the raid I think I deserve some credit for not being there and allowing everyone else to succeed

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

as the least skilled and worst geared player in the raid I think I deserve some credit for not being there and allowing everyone else to succeed

Nah that was directed at a subgroup that went for the Migraine HOT Act 4 cheevo last week. You're totes cool. Those other guys are totes cool too but also THEY ARE NOT. But also they are.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
We just need 5 necros and it's a faceroll. No need to be rezzed when you can bring yourself back up :^)

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Fifteen of Many posted:

They call him "Ol' Splinterdick"

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Just picked this game up, and bought HOT after a day of playing.

The fact you can't buy items on the TP without being validated is dumb as poo poo. I want to spend 40 copper on a loving 8 slot bag, but I have to wait 4 days for that poo poo. Couldn't they just limit transaction amount/number of items you can buy? FFS

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Join a goon guild (or both!) and someone will probably give you all the bags you need to get started. :)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ImsaKidd posted:

Just picked this game up, and bought HOT after a day of playing.

The fact you can't buy items on the TP without being validated is dumb as poo poo. I want to spend 40 copper on a loving 8 slot bag, but I have to wait 4 days for that poo poo. Couldn't they just limit transaction amount/number of items you can buy? FFS

They do that as an anti gold seller/spammer method. Join one of the goon guilds in the OP, and you'll be showered with gifts including huge bags. If you can't figure that out, mail Arus.1482 ingame and I'll send you presents tonight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just realized that none of my characters have a full compliment of 20 slot bags. Hell, most of them just have 15.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You can also just craft 8 slot bags with probably the first few mats you ever get

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
if Lucifirius & Fifteenofmany can login today we can actually do Migraine.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
RIP friend remember I mentioned I'm out of town for work til tomorrow. :( Trapped in this hotel infested with furries.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fifteen of Many posted:

Trapped in this hotel infested with furries.

Sounds like Tacitus' wet dream

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
Right Luci & Scratch let's do this on Saturday or Sunday (afternoon-ish)
I might be off on Sat for a friend's b-day so Sunday day time might be the best bet.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Atari teenager posted:

Right Luci & Scratch let's do this on Saturday or Sunday (afternoon-ish)
I might be off on Sat for a friend's b-day so Sunday day time might be the best bet.

Saturday would work, Sunday doesn't since I'm going to California for a family reunion until Wednesday.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I just realized that none of my characters have a full compliment of 20 slot bags. Hell, most of them just have 15.

fractal 20 slot bags cost 150 fractal relics and 10 silver

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

where the red fern gropes posted:

fractal 20 slot bags cost 150 fractal relics and 10 silver

But then I have to do fractals and that's scary.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sounds like Tacitus' wet dream

I don't have wet dreams because your mom satisfies me nightly :mrgw:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Sole.Sushi posted:

I don't have wet dreams because your mom satisfies me nightly :mrgw:

Same.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Same but with her home style cooking and wholesome personality.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

But then I have to do fractals and that's scary.

Fractals are really fun and are only scary when you run T3s with pubbies and get the inevitable party with 3 Magi's warriors and a Nomad's elementalist who never switches out of earth attunement. Run T1s and T2s to get the hang of the mechanics and start getting some AR gear, then once you have full ascended just skip T3s entirely and do T4s with goons.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

CLAM DOWN posted:

They do that as an anti gold seller/spammer method. Join one of the goon guilds in the OP, and you'll be showered with gifts including huge bags. If you can't figure that out, mail Arus.1482 ingame and I'll send you presents tonight.

Can you look at SFD's pub registration forum so I can get slapped in the face with some huge sacks

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

Can you look at SFD's pub registration forum so I can get slapped in the face with some huge sacks

Ty for the reminder, will do it as soon as I can!

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I know it's an anti gold seller method (and agree it's a good idea), but why can't they make it so you can only buy 10 items per day, and only items that are below X cost? Limits any poo poo from gold sellers without inconveniencing real players.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

ImsaKidd posted:

I know it's an anti gold seller method (and agree it's a good idea), but why can't they make it so you can only buy 10 items per day, and only items that are below X cost? Limits any poo poo from gold sellers without inconveniencing real players.

Mostly because goldsellers in Guild Wars 2 don't get their money from big-ticket rare items but instead from farming cheap materials and selling them in bulk. It sucks and it's a pain to deal with, but they use this method because it targets exactly what goldsellers do in this game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I felt like it was too much to go for 100% world completion on a third character... but then someone in map chat proudly showed like 10 Gifts of Exploration :stare:

I feel much better now

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

frajaq posted:

I felt like it was too much to go for 100% world completion on a third character... but then someone in map chat proudly showed like 10 Gifts of Exploration :stare:

I feel much better now

only 10? I've seen people link 50+ before

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just honestly get bothered when I open the map and there's a bunch of fragmented explored zones

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

frajaq posted:

I feel much better now

Just finished my third character's world explore not too long ago: I now have ascended gear for all three armor classes and 100% world explore for all three of the characters that use them.

I need help.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Erdricks posted:

only 10? I've seen people link 50+ before

:getin:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You people are crazy

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Ya'll celebrated Canada Colonization Day one day too early.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

So, word of advice to the new raiding group. Ignore the qt/metabattle build for chronos. Instead, pick up about 40% boon duration gear (commanders and wanderers are relatively easy to obtain, minstrel if you are richie rich, plus some exotic trinkets with plat doubloobs if you don't have s3 trinkets, herald runes / other bd runes), run chaos/insp/chrono, and just camp shield and boon spam.

It is so much easier (spam buttons on cd, just try to use sig of insp after a quickness skill so it spreads ) and gives you so much better results, both in terms of practical quickness uptime and hella awesome boon spam.

I was able to provide 98% quickness, alacrity, and protection uptime (vs no protection and only 75%-80% quickness) while doing better dps and loving up less. It's amazing how much brain power is freed up when you aren't trying to juggle a stupid weapon swap rotation that forces you to try to track your off set cooldowns and align skill use so that everything lines up when you need it to for sigil of concentration.

If you go full minstrel with a chaos build and run mantra heal, you also put out a very nice steady stream of healing, which is great for new groups /pugs that have problems with red circles.

Fake edit: don't raid and don't have friends who will ask you to chrono for their raids, that you don't feel comfortable telling to gently caress off. Especially when you want to spend Saturday morning sleeping in.

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 1, 2017

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The benefits of the actually higher effort Chaos Chronomancer are mostly covered by having Nature Magic healing Druids, and I'd be interested to see how you got more personal DPS without Domination or Sword/Focus phantasms.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Adhesive Gamin posted:

The benefits of the actually higher effort Chaos Chronomancer are mostly covered by having Nature Magic healing Druids, and I'd be interested to see how you got more personal DPS without Domination or Sword/Focus phantasms.

Greater apm. When playing meta build I found myself getting way too mentally distracted trying manage timings and then adapt and re-align when mechanics got in the way of rotation.

Also, going up another 25% quickness uptime helped with the AA damage.

Edit: And I have no idea why you would call chaos higher effort.

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

I mean I appreciate the advice but newbie raid chronos are doing well and don't really need to change anything right now.

• Locked thread