Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i need one of those national endowment of the arms grants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hmm, this scribbled note just says large hardon collider

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

This can't possibly end in disaster for Portland, OR:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/06/30/19130461/multnomah-county-republicans-formally-allow-militia-groups-to-run-security

The Portland Mercury posted:

The Multnomah County Republican Party (MCRP) has formally decided to pair up with right-wing militia groups to run security at their events.

The formal resolution was passed on on Monday and its text was leaked to the Mercury Friday morning. MCRP Chairman James Buchal, despite being displeased with the leak, confirmed his group approved pairing up with the Oregon Three Percenters and Oath Keepers via a resolution earlier this week:

Proposed Resolution of Chairman Buchal: Resolve that the MCRP may utilize volunteers from the Oregon Three Percenters, Oath Keepers, and other security groups. To provide security where such volunteers are certified to provide private security service by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training. Kay Bridges moved and Janice Dysinger seconded. Resolution passed.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Just surround them with thousands of naked cyclists :nws:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lol people always forget what flavor of awful Oregon is because they assume Portland is the entire state.

spronkles
Jun 2, 2013

Shut-in dorks should have stuck to ranting about videogames.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

lol people always forget what flavor of awful Oregon is because they assume Portland is the entire state.

no, that is in portland. its probably because anarchists actually outnumber republicans in the city proper lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

eat your own

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My Youtube recommendations are a carefully curated mix of Rick and Morty clip compilations and pedantic discussions of medieval battle tactics and I'm not messing that up, so is Youtuber 'The Rageaholic' just an incredibly angry guy screaming wordlessly and smashing poo poo for twenty minutes straight until a blood vessel pops and the paramedics have to be called in?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
its a twiggy fucker in a leather jacket, lovely goatee, and long hair who likes lovely metal and has bad opinions

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol ytmnd hasn't been updated since 2014

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its a twiggy fucker in a leather jacket, lovely goatee, and long hair who likes lovely metal and has bad opinions

This is extremely disappointing. Is he at least a very angry twiggy fucker? Like, wiry guys can be dangerous when enraged

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cardboard Box posting Rageaholic videos is worse than when he'd post walls of twitter posts.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Al! posted:

no, that is in portland. its probably because anarchists actually outnumber republicans in the city proper lol

Yeah there's only like 50 dweebs in Portland adjusting their bowties as they draft that but it's not like you have to drive all the way to bend to find a gun nut.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah there's only like 50 dweebs in Portland adjusting their bowties as they draft that but it's not like you have to drive all the way to bend to find a gun nut.

true, you only need to enter the terrifying wasteland known as ~gresham~

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

I didn't know it even still existed, tbh.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al! posted:

have the anarchists show up to protest locations before the republicans get their so their security forces have to remove people by force and start a street war imo

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

good. max was such an insufferable piece of poo poo.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Was there ever a time when Maddox was good? And is he legitimately bad now or just hanging out with edgy people because being an edgelord was always his thing? My memories of the early internet are hazy and frankly I was surprised to learn he still exists.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Not a Step posted:

Was there ever a time when Maddox was good? And is he legitimately bad now or just hanging out with edgy people because being an edgelord was always his thing? My memories of the early internet are hazy and frankly I was surprised to learn he still exists.

I met him at a party a couple of years ago and he seemed like an okay dude, probed a bit in conversations to see if he could get a rise out of folks, but wasn't obnoxious. I felt kinda bad for him because he sorta named drop his website a few times without it registering. I mean not like huffy or indignant like a "Don't you know who I am!?!" but just a little sigh.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/RoseCityAntifa/status/880892513585737728 lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WillyFoReal/status/880975096369733632

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was watching this and at one point both sides chanted "white supremacy is class treachery" at each other :3:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I see so many of these dweebs from blue cities / states. If this self-described Christian fascist wanted to he could move to the rural south and join a snake-handling church but oh gently caress it

I assume that, like the techie HBD Dark Enlightenment morons, the true source of their beliefs is a desire to construct a freak-the-squares feeling of uniqueness in the context of generally liberal surroundings.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Not a Step posted:

He was always over the top but in a winking way, all his stuff is terrible now but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that he made a bunch of jokes/created a bunch of cliches that other people drove into the ground. He's like the Ridley Scott of early 2000s edgy meme culture.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I hope Maddox is doing alright and isn't a Nazi, whenever I talk to any old friends from when I used to use 4chan I have to check to make sure they didn't become a Nazi in the 5 years since I've last seen them now.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So hes a victim of early 2000s edginess and winking hyper masculine satire being indistinguishable from today's actual alt-right dick heads? Like if Colbert came before O'Reilly?

I mean, I guess I could just go watch his latest stuff but :effort:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

At this latest Portland event, the cops were nowhere to be found. They showed up to talk to Joey Gibson - then split.

Consequently, there were a few scraps amongst the MAGA Cosplay Set and the Antifa, and they pepper sprayed and tear gassed each other, but mostly it was a lot of yelling and chest pounding. I watched in on Periscope feeds.

I wonder if this is what other police departments are going to do - figure that both sides are there for a testosterone-fueled brawlfest, leave them to it, and they just wash their hands of the whole affair.

I know that at least in Washington State, there's the concept of 'mutual combat' - if two people agree to a physical fight, not involving weapons, it's considered legal.

http://fightstate.com/mutual-combat-law-in-washington-lets-two-people-have-a-consensual-streetfight-if-cops-referee/

Which is why Seattle has goddamn Superheroes.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Jul 1, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JohnSavageTX/status/881165093240791041

https://twitter.com/JohnSavageTX/status/881167247292682242

https://twitter.com/JohnSavageTX/status/881169268066463745

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i love this thread because of that poo poo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
always interesting to see folks cosplaying what they think a man should look like.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

what kind of fuckin turd steals valor from the roman legions

WHO WAS YOUR COMMANDING CENTURION

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like the older Proud Boy with the dad bod.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
whomever is selling those kek flags is making a killing

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They're now marching to the state capitol building that's down the street. One guy is complaining about the heat (index of 96F / 35C). Also it might rain.

Based Stickman's arm looks pretty messed up.

Problem with demonstrating at the capitol building btw (which the lefty activists in town know) is that it's very big so it makes even large crowds look small.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Jul 1, 2017

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

They're now marching to the state capitol building that's down the street. One guy is complaining about the heat. Also it might rain.

Based Stickman's arm looks pretty messed up.

Problem with demonstrating at the capitol building btw (which the lefty activists in town know) is that it's very big so it makes even large crowds look small.

Speaking of lefty activists, are there any counterdemonstrators?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Qu Appelle posted:

Speaking of lefty activists, are there any counterdemonstrators?
Doesn't look like it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also if you're on the capitol grounds nobody can see you except other demonstrators.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ave, true to Caesar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Watching speeches. Manbuns are not Americanism!