Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

God's wrath will fall upon us, causing it rain for forty days and forty nights. In the end, only same sex couples will be saved and forced to repopulate the earth, finally ending that tired line about it not being Adam and Steve?

Am I missing something here?

Edit: Well, dog tax is no longer obligatory but they did mention something about fat birds...

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

those nips though

They're Korean and Chinese you racist.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Fister Roboto posted:

Wow dude

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Weird, I wonder how the GOP got into this predicament. If only there was some way they could have avoided the terrible choice between "hurting millions and killing tens of thousands" and "breaking a promise to hurt millions and kill tens of thousands." Alas!

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

:golfclap:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

:staredog:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Did Tintin get away? :ohdear:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

This should count as a politoon.
https://twitter.com/Everdraed/status/880881199446716416

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the head of the Grenfell Tower inquiry – Sir Martin Moore-Bick has warned that he is doubtful the inquiry into the Grenfell Tower fire will be as wide-ranging as people hope"

Telegraph:

‘We wanted democracy’: is Hong Kong's two-systems experiment over?

Independent:

Times:

Donald Trump to visit Paris for Bastille Day ceremonies

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... getting Andy Murray fit for Wimbledon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trump held a $35,000-a-plate fundraiser at his own hotel on Wednesday.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If they're talking eye of newt and all that, why are they racist Romani caricatures instead of cartoon witches?

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Helen Highwater posted:

Why the gently caress is there a Syrian War sign at the bottom of that panel? Isn't the image of Russian and US jets flying around each other enough to establish what is going on?

Unless there actually are 'Welcome to the Syrian War, Please Drive Carefully!' signs outside Aleppo and Raqqah of course...

Presumably to give the specific context, rather than a more vague and generalized CONFLICT BAD message.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

If they're talking eye of newt and all that, why are they racist Romani caricatures instead of cartoon witches?

Because Mac.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

LordSloth posted:

God's wrath will fall upon us, causing it rain for forty days and forty nights. In the end, only same sex couples will be saved and forced to repopulate the earth, finally ending that tired line about it not being Adam and Steve?

Am I missing something here?

Edit: Well, dog tax is no longer obligatory but they did mention something about fat birds...

It's really only two things happened: while the Bundestag was passing SSM Berlin has been experiencing an incredible amount of rain, with torrential downpours.
Clearly this is a sign from god.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Potato Salad posted:

I'm going to insist that increased personal freedom in lifestyle choice, particularly the elementary ability to have human intimacy and express love, would improve overall sexual health and diminish the incidence of criminal sexual expression.

Obviously, reporting lawbreaking is another important element.

I don't think you will find me or anyone else saying marriage prevents sexual assault. It was kind of odd you would read that into my post.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just being stupidly vague, but "increased personal freedom in the choice to express love" is exactly how the likes of PIE describe what we would call "wanting the right to legally gently caress children".

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When Dems are portrayed with the nothingburger like this is the artist saying that the Dems know their Russian investigation has no facts, or that they think it does but know nothing will come of it?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Motherfucker, don't try to pretend you didn't know exactly what you were voting for.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jedit posted:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just being stupidly vague, but "increased personal freedom in the choice to express love" is exactly how the likes of PIE describe what we would call "wanting the right to legally gently caress children".

The facial difference is that marriage is mainstream and legal while pedophilia is not.

Why are goons trying so hard to make this weird.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

When Dems are portrayed with the nothingburger like this is the artist saying that the Dems know their Russian investigation has no facts, or that they think it does but know nothing will come of it?

It's Bok so absolutely the former. 100%. To the maximum.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if there's an academic book written about "political cartoonists on the wrong side of history"

If not, there will be.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neodoomium posted:

I wonder if there's an academic book written about "political cartoonists on the wrong side of history"

If not, there will be.
I dunno if any person or organization in the world cares more about this topic than this thread right here.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno if any person or organization in the world cares more about this topic than this thread right here.

I'll kickstart $100

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It's straitjacket. As in a jacket that makes things difficult. What the hell is a "straight jacket" supposed to be god dammit

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

People sometimes forget that a painting of a valley with a river in it made by some nobody, is not art, is decoration.

While art can be a painting of a bottle of soup.

Art to be art, need to elevate. And mediocre poo poo, do not elevate. And you can elevate with unexpected things. Sometimes is enough with breaking people misconceptions. To do what hackers do: think outside of the box. Art is a way to help people think like hackers*.

I am starting to kinda love Zelda.

*and many other things. Lets not confine art in a single definition, where infinite would suffice.

Tei fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 1, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The new healthcare bill sets aside a lot of funding for marker construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wp7S3MDKDs

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Tei posted:

bottle of soup.
:crossarms:

I'm intrigued.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

:crossarms:

I'm intrigued.

Andry Warhol and Marilin Manson had this idea to turn John W. Campbell into art.

They started with this:

They ended with this:

Look at the art, then calibrate your monitor and degauss it.

The argument of Andy Warhol is that theres art in the stuff that are normally seen as consumism items, like pop.

Anyway, don't believe me, I am a unreliable narrator, watch this video instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5msqjhdE0

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 1, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

KAL is by far the greatest cartoonist of our modern times. The Bannon is perfect.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I hate the fact that I like his few anti republican cartoons as much as I loathe his usual anti liberal cartoons.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tei posted:

People sometimes forget that a painting of a valley with a river in it made by some nobody, is not art, is decoration.

While art can be a painting of a bottle of soup.

I think you've mistaken "Being admirable or interesting" with "being art". There's a lot of poo poo art out there, there's no need to pretend otherwise..

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Prediction for the coming Garrison:
- Weeping, bleeding Mika Brzezinski begging for attention
- Simpering Morning Joe clinging to her
- Leonine, Aryan Trump standing, detached from the two goblins at his heels, thinking "sad!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Opposite of Reality never gets old.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

"I want people to love each other freely!"
"Oh yeah? Sounds like you want to gently caress children:smug:"
C'mon, even you have to realize how loving stupid that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would there be better trump cartoons if they all agreed to stop using the twitter bird for a while

• Locked thread