Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Gotta keep that huge f4 fanbase appeased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'll probably relinquish the thread rights to somebody else for the next one. Probably do the same for the guild, and it's going to davebo.

So if anybody wants to step up for a new thread, be my guest.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Grinning Goblin posted:

Weren't the console people going to make their own thread since how different the game is for them?

I was planning on it... but apparently the raid and social stuff didn't actually make it into the game with this latest patch. Also once again, this latest patch punishes console players for playing early. They lowered the amount of splinters required to purchase heroes, so I probably lost a couple hundred splinters. They also added lootboxes as a one time deal for a few levels up to 60 and then a box for every level 60 character after that. They did add those retroactively fortunately. They also removed paid constumes and put them all in loot boxes I think.

So yea, no console thread from me.

Opened my 17 free loot boxes, either I got really lucky or they buffed/changed the drops again. (Which would mean they screwed over the people who bought boxes yet again.) I got 5 costumes in 17 boxes, the guy I watched online opening a stupid amount seemed to get like 1 in 15. I guess it's also possible the boxes earned through leveling have a different loot table than the boxes purchased from the store, but they have the same name in game.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 1, 2017

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I would just keep this thread. No one plays the game anyways except maybe davebo and Loz every now and then. At least now there's entertaining shitposting going on

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

maybe do a new thread when they announce that the license has been extended another 10 years

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Erdricks posted:

I would just keep this thread. No one plays the game anyways except maybe davebo and Loz every now and then. At least now there's entertaining shitposting going on

The guild is more active than you'd think, though obviously has nothing on the era where we were regularly asking Doomsaw to expand the cap.

Most of the people don't actually talk, though, so you have to check the roster tab to tell. Also you have to log in to do that.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Multiple davebo accounts do not count as activity

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Erdricks posted:

I uninstalled the game over a week ago. I can't stop playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

n'wah up for skooma town raid

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Lozareth posted:

I uninstalled the game over a week ago. I can't stop playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends now.

Is the new set etc good? I honestly can't remember the last time I played. Months and months ago. Maybe last year at this point.

I also remember being baffled at it not having a thread.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

is the cosmic trial you have to fight a cliff racer?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It probably has a better ttk dummy

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

is the cosmic trial you have to fight a cliff racer?

100 cliff racers.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
It seems as though there's a ~300 point disparity between the achievement points listed on the summary page and what I have on the leaderboard, and getting the new achievements in the patch didn't increase my leaderboard amount at all. So I assume in retiring a bunch of FF achievements they either hosed something up, or I would have to somehow earn 300 points to get to the stage where I start affecting my leaderboard score again? Thanks for destroying any incentive I had to keep playing aside from force of habit Gaz.

Edit: Yeah o-forums seem to confirm that all the FF related achievements had their point value set to zero so there's no way to progress on the leaderboards until you make up the defecit. Guess the 10 points for 500 Hood terminal kills I've been chipping away one a day at for a while won't be worth it after all.

davebo fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 1, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'll probably relinquish the thread rights to somebody else for the next one. Probably do the same for the guild, and it's going to davebo.

So if anybody wants to step up for a new thread, be my guest.

davebo posted:

Thanks for destroying any incentive I had to keep playing aside from force of habit Gaz.

This is the end of an era friends, the sun is finally settting. The Yellow God is no more.

Sad day friends, sad day....

I still login by the way, up to login day 1080 (?), I just don't actually play or very rarely at least. Still waiting for that other half of the Omega update and by waiting I mean playing other games.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The Sun God has faded and is now nothing but a White Dwarf. Sad!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

davebo posted:

It seems as though there's a ~300 point disparity between the achievement points listed on the summary page and what I have on the leaderboard, and getting the new achievements in the patch didn't increase my leaderboard amount at all. So I assume in retiring a bunch of FF achievements they either hosed something up, or I would have to somehow earn 300 points to get to the stage where I start affecting my leaderboard score again? Thanks for destroying any incentive I had to keep playing aside from force of habit Gaz.

Edit: Yeah o-forums seem to confirm that all the FF related achievements had their point value set to zero so there's no way to progress on the leaderboards until you make up the defecit. Guess the 10 points for 500 Hood terminal kills I've been chipping away one a day at for a while won't be worth it after all.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dave just admit your fate and come to Future Fight. Wolferine is probably the best character in the entire game now.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
drat i was starting the burning crusade to get that firestar, but now i'm stuck on the raid one (kill lady hellfire with hellfire ammo) because no one raids apparently :smith:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

drat i was starting the burning crusade to get that firestar, but now i'm stuck on the raid one (kill lady hellfire with hellfire ammo) because no one raids apparently :smith:

You can solo Lady Hellfire with Deadpool if you have enough gear/infinity points. Just have to remember to get the buffs.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have like 400ish infinity points, not sure if that qualifies as enough. Need to revisit deadpool and look at his gear, then give it a shot. Thanks!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hauki posted:

Is the new set etc good? I honestly can't remember the last time I played. Months and months ago. Maybe last year at this point.

I also remember being baffled at it not having a thread.

Heroes of Skyrim opens up a lot more deck archetypes and is pretty great. Really having fun with my pure neutral dwemer deck. Also right now there's a bug re-introduced in the latest patch where you get stuck with the same starter quest everyday. My wife and I are both lucky ones getting 3 free packs of HoS cards a day.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Dave just admit your fate and come to Future Fight. Wolferine is probably the best character in the entire game now.

Sorry but tonight I finally got around to playing Genital Joust and I'm hooked (in the rear end.)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Since this is more like a general ARPG thread, I got Victor Vran on PS4 through Gamefly and it seems pretty mediocre/boring after playing it for about 2 hours. Does it get any better?

Also tried Guardians of Ember on PC, holy poo poo was that a mistake.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I would love to play this on Xbox one if all my poo poo transferred from PC

gently caress starting from zero with nothing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Anime Hiring Asros was a mistake.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm a new player on Xbox One. Is there any reason to do the story missions over with different heroes once you've done them the first time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're the best source of experience.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kheldarn posted:

Anime Hiring Asros was a mistake.

Nah his social media presence has been way more entertaining than this game in the past year.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

According to the official forums the console versions (Bone at least) are getting drops for heroes not yet added to the game. I can't believe how bad Gaz is at actually making this game.

In other news Necro owns and I haven't felt the need to revisit MH since the event ended. Maybe if/when they finish the Omega stuff but I have doubts that's going to happen....

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm a new player on Xbox One. Is there any reason to do the story missions over with different heroes once you've done them the first time?

The way this dumb game works right now, you'll be unable to complete certain legendary quests if you haven't progressed far enough in the story on a given character.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is performance still abysmal on ps4

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010

queeb posted:

is performance still abysmal on ps4

The latest patch improved things quite a bit. Midtown patrol is no longer a squirrel filled slideshow.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Could I get a reinvite to the secret discord channel that no one should know about?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

sgbyou posted:

Could I get a reinvite to the secret discord channel that no one should know about?

If its for this game same please

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

idiotmeat posted:

The latest patch improved things quite a bit. Midtown patrol is no longer a squirrel filled slideshow.

You say that like a squirrel filled sideshow is somehow a bad thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Humerus posted:

I can't believe how bad Gaz is at actually making this game.

At remaking it, even. If I were prospecting for a studio to develop my property into a game Gaz would be somewhere around kickstarter pyramid tier right now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Humerus posted:

According to the official forums the console versions (Bone at least) are getting drops for heroes not yet added to the game. I can't believe how bad Gaz is at actually making this game.

Confirmed, I have Nightcrawler loot.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

sgbyou posted:

Don't share this link https://discord.gg/e99Huh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
Hello friends! School's been super busy. Glad to see everyone is well. I miss all your pretty faces. Prepare your lunch money because Imma win football this year to buy some G's to support Astro's diet coke habit.