Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

If they're spending £70m on 1 player, might as well re-approach Southampton about VVD. Generating goals isn't really the problem.

It absolutely was the problem, we were incredibly ineffective against teams who just set up in two banks of four and played for the counter. We just didn't have a player who could consistently create something from nothing and so everybody had to get involved further and further up the pitch, the tension got higher and higher, the defense got more and more exposed and conceding always felt inevitable last year.

We obviously missed Sane bigly when he was out but we also missed Henderson who would at least look for some sort of ball over or behind the defense. I don't know anything about this new guy, but if he can keep Can on the bench then it'll be a definite improvement. I can't remember who said it here but Can looks a lot better against teams who try to play through midfield because he is good at closing down and tackling. When teams play over the top of him, he can't turn and he's got no pace. Furthermore, when teams are attacking us he can just hit it long to somebody on a break, but when they sit back and kick it long he gets a lot of time on the ball where he'll either pass sideways, try one dribble too many or just give the ball away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I assumed they were just going to sell him on for more money, but apparently the buyback clause has a provision that he can't be sold until next summer, and that Everton have the ability to buy him before anyone else.

That is a weird buyback. I wonder if they can loan him....

RIP

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/880820358651183105

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

LOL he can't believe Milan actually signed him either.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/880819909617475584
Last season was a bit of a breakout for Pellegrini, be interesting to see if he can break into the squad, or if this means Roma will be selling some else (Nainggolan?)

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
dude on the left is all :shepface:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

dude on the left is all :shepface:

That's Marco Fassone and that's literally just how he looks

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

bournemouth have spent £20m on nathan ake

£20m for a manlet centre back. World's gone mad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lacazette to Arsenal is apparently almost done, and will be a club record fee.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

trem_two posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/880819909617475584
Last season was a bit of a breakout for Pellegrini, be interesting to see if he can break into the squad, or if this means Roma will be selling some else (Nainggolan?)

They've given him a single digit shirt number, does that tend to mean anything in Italy these days?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/880807299329265664

Everton signed the new Henry and shipped him right back to Belgium.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Lacazette to Arsenal is apparently almost done, and will be a club record fee.

Are you actually convinced by him though? He looks good for Lyon but it's the French league. And his goal stats include a few dozen penalties.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Are you actually convinced by him though? He looks good for Lyon but it's the French league. And his goal stats include a few dozen penalties.

I don't know enough about him to make a distinction one way or the other, but yeah, he was in A Bad League and scored a bunch of penalties.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
U23s wonderkid Dan James has signed for the mighty Shrewsbury on a season long loan.

He's tiny but twice the player Modou Barrow pretended to be (Mo Barrow was also puny).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

blue footed boobie posted:

Barca always make the weirdest moves when they're not making mega signings.

keep the plates spinning for the taxman to chase

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Antonio Rüdiger is apparently on his way to Chelsea according to di Marzio.

€33m plus a bonus of 5m, five year contract, medical is pending.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Earlier today Monchi was moaning about Roma not being a supermarket for players and how they're building the best squad, lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

That's Marco Fassone and that's literally just how he looks

Good call on the spoiler text, if my boss looked over my shoulder and saw that, he'd probably assume I'm wasting company time looking at cartoon penises

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Antonio Rüdiger is apparently on his way to Chelsea according to di Marzio.

€33m plus a bonus of 5m, five year contract, medical is pending.

RIP his career

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Apparently Liverpool are going to bid £70m for Naby Keita. Which, well, it's not my money, and he's supposedly really good, but is a lot of money.

I have no idea who this is so I'm going to assume he's the greatest player to ever set foot on a football pitch and therefore Liverpool will win the league

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

vyelkin posted:

I have no idea who this is so I'm going to assume he's the greatest player to ever set foot on a football pitch and therefore Liverpool will win the league

Same.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nabi Keita is quite good, but I'm hearing Red Bull won't sell him for under 90m, soo welp.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Chris Willock is going to Benfica instead of signing a new deal with Arsenal.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The transfer market has gone completely mad this summer

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Southampton have signed Jan Bednarek from Lech Poznan. I know nothing about him except that he's a defender and that I'm braced for countless people saying he's our van Dijk replacement.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dunban posted:

RIP his career

I'm at this point not even sure he meets the national team quota to go work in the UK.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle should sign some players imo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton are trying to sign Thomas Delaney from Werder Bremen and Marcus Suttner from FC Ingolstadt. Our recruitment department seems to have a hard on for players from the Bundesliga.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Marseille have supposedly bid €28m for Giroud

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Yeah this sounds like it would be nice

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Manolas never showed up for his medical at Zenit, so now he's being linked to all the English clubs again. Also Rudiger is off to Chelsea according to Di Marzio.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Bobby Digital posted:

Marseille have supposedly bid €28m for Giroud
He's not worth half that so my feeling is that Wenger should accept.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

I thought Rafa wanted 5 by Monday

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Large television deals combined with unknown upside of young foreign players in developmental leagues combined with ever-higher stakes for future returns on EPL and CL titles and a depressed pound means everyone costs twice as much this summer.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Is Nabi Keita worth 100M pounds? Maybe, maybe not. What's unbelievable is that Chelsea was able to poach N'Golo Kante for 30M GBP last summer. What an awful loving deal for Leicester. They could have sold him in this frenzy for 2 or 3 times that.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Not if he had played like the rest of the Leicester team this year (but obviously a great buy for the racist boys of the Chels).

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yeah the pound has gone down in value by about 20% since last summer transfer window i think

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

Same but for United. One Lindelöf isn't nearly enough for what the team needs. Yes there's still time but the feeling of deja vu from the summer of Fellaini is ominous.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Is Nabi Keita worth 100M pounds? Maybe, maybe not. What's unbelievable is that Chelsea was able to poach N'Golo Kante for 30M GBP last summer. What an awful loving deal for Leicester. They could have sold him in this frenzy for 2 or 3 times that.

The guy wanted to go, not like they really could have forced him to stay. Still made 6x what was paid for him 12 months previous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

arsenal are paying a lot of money for a striker who has nearly the same goals per game as giroud but in an inferior league

it's mad alright op

• Locked thread