Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got a turtle beach p50 headset in GameStop for like €30 and it's fine. The build quality isn't like amazing or anything, it's plastic but the sound is good and the microphone is fine. If you don't have kids or dogs who might potentially wreck your poo poo, it probably won't get broken. Infinitely better than the garbage in ear thing Sony ship with the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Re: Sony headset quality chat.

A goon in my TF2 chat had a good laugh it this earlier and told me I should post it, so here's my Gold headset aka the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever owned.

E: and yes, the cracks under the tape are as bad as the exposed one and the pleather separating from the foam was not caused by the tape. It did that on it's own before I even put the tape on there.

:laffo: still cracks me up.

sup sony headset bro :):hf::(:hf::(:hf::)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I forgot to make it private on Imgur and they are accusing me of trying to sabotage Sony :lol:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I remember the day I found out imgur had a "community"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, me too. It was like a month ago, even though I've been using it for years. I noticed most of my images had angry comments under them because apparently I'm supposed to write a paragraph about every image I host. I just started using it when waffle images went down, and if I upload from my phone it makes it public and I guess there is some huge wad of dorks that think I'm clamoring for their approval when I upload something to post here.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They break like in the photo, but I am still buying these.

Nexus 6 models, designed to shine, but not to last.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 1, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Is there any difference between the PS4 and PC versions of Earth Defense Force 4.1? Amazon's got the PS4 version for $20, while on Steam it's listed $50 ( though it's on sale for $30 right now.) I should say I'm not really familiar with the EDF games.

I was also wondering if anyone's familiar with Deception IV:The Nightmare Princess. I've read about the other games in the series, and I actually have a copy of Deception 2 (though I've never played it). I didn't even know there was a fourth game until just recently. I've heard that it's a port of a PSP game.
You should probably just play that copy of Kagero tbh, if you don't mind PSX games. Its a lot better than Deception 4.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

homeless snail posted:

You should probably just play that copy of Kagero tbh, if you don't mind PSX games. Its a lot better than Deception 4.

How so?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
gently caress me, must have died 40, 50, maybe 60 times during Road to Nowhere, I've no idea but thats it done now I need to go for a walk

God I hate that Dark Souls =/= Crash Bandicoot meme but this is the most frustrated I've been at a game since Bloodborne

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Seriously. How did 7 year old me beat this poo poo? I would like to think I'm better at video games now but apparently I peaked early in platformers.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

an actual dog posted:

I didn't really like Persona 5 overall but the opening owns. I mean it's part VN this is what you signed up for.

Man the first half hour was about the only thing I didn't like about p5, that and the Devil link probably. Unless you're talking about the animation that plays before the title screen, which is epic

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Twist And Pout! posted:

Seriously. How did 7 year old me beat this poo poo? I would like to think I'm better at video games now but apparently I peaked early in platformers.
For me the only reason I beat those early platformers was because I had like two video games total at any one time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Twist And Pout! posted:

7 y/o you had more time and patience probably. also platformers are pretty rare nowadays (especially challenging ones) so you're likely out of practice

going back to megaman games I played as a kid was a revelation. couldn't believe how much I sucked at that stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macarius Wrench posted:

gently caress me, must have died 40, 50, maybe 60 times during Road to Nowhere, I've no idea but thats it done now I need to go for a walk

God I hate that Dark Souls =/= Crash Bandicoot meme but this is the most frustrated I've been at a game since Bloodborne

The cruelest joke in that loving level is the boards you can run across for a second, but not land a jump on because they'll just break. That and the loving unkillable hogs, just to really make the level as arduous as possible as you try to jump over them and not gently caress the landing onto a broken board. Or no boards at all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First world problems I hate having so many games to play can't decide between:

Return to arkham
Elder scrolls online
Diablo 3 necro
Yakuza 0
Tekken 7
Kingdom hearts
:0

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How the gently caress does GT Sport still not have a release date?

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
I was looking at the weekly sales, and I noticed that the Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind was on sale. I've never played ESO so I was wondering if it's worth picking up eventually as a Elder Scrolls fan. I've heard mixed things about the game itself so I decided to wait and see before deciding.

That aside, why is the Neverwinter DLC so expensive? Never played it but, $60 for a additional race seems like overkill.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Norns posted:

"How the gently caress does Gran Turismo _________ still not have a release date?"

Insert every GT game ever.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Empress Brosephine posted:

First world problems I hate having so many games to play can't decide between:

Return to arkham
Elder scrolls online
Diablo 3 necro
Yakuza 0
Tekken 7
Kingdom hearts
:0

Yakuza

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

Road to Nowhere sucks, but there's a very special place in hell reserved for whoever designed High Road. It's even worse.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Norns posted:

The people who make GT have a sweet con going where they travel around the world and drive stupid expensive cars on different race tracks for "research." Then they send the bill to sony. Once every decade sony will demand some form of results, and the team shits out a prologue version of a game thats identical to one they made 20 years ago. After that they go to germany to drive a koenigsegg and drink beer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am not that deep into cargames but I know that GT Sport looks worse than Forza Horizon 3, and Motorsport 7 will look even better and come out before GT Sport

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I just wanna say I bought Overcooked on sale with the DLC when it was $10 for the E3 sale and finally got around to playing it with my wife and brother-in-law last night. it was absolutely hilarious and I heartily recommend it for anyone who doesn't have it and wants a game to play with other people.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am not that deep into cargames but I know that GT Sport looks worse than Forza Horizon 3, and Motorsport 7 will look even better and come out before GT Sport

Gt sport looks real good graphics wise imo but u gotta have terminal dadtosis to have fun in a race simulation with no weapons or loops

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Real hurthling! posted:

Gt sport looks real good graphics wise imo but u gotta have terminal dadtosis to have fun in a race simulation with no weapons or loops

Uhm excuse me didnt you read? AI is the IRL cool guys forum. *flicks cig butt at u*

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Macarius Wrench posted:

You can cheese it by just walking on the ropes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I decided on. Yakuza really liking it except for the horrendous music. Was wishing it'd be more 80s instead of early 2000s wwe game music

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

I decided on. Yakuza really liking it except for the horrendous music. Was wishing it'd be more 80s instead of early 2000s wwe game music

You don't have to keep earning your avatar you know

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like the menu music at all. It's anachronistic.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
The other day it was too hot to do anything but lie there so I played mahjongg for like five hours. I'm going to be the #1 mahjongg player in the world in kamurocho in 1988

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Mahjongg is super dope. I ended up downloading a mahjongg app on my phone so I could play when I'm not playing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Macarius Wrench posted:

Twist And Pout! posted:

This is a guess, but Crash 1 was designed to be played with D Pad, and there are numerous instances in the game where precise incremental D-pad control is the only way to get all the floating boxes or %100 a level.

Also yes it was always hard and you probably suck now because you are an old.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I used to be able to beat Contra 3 with my eyes closed but last time I played it it was just embarrassing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I played Ikaruga for the first time in a decade yesterday and I couldn't go 4 seconds without blowing up.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
You guys got soft playing pussy rear end call of duty games and the various other hand holding junk that passes for AAA gaming now a days.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have not played a single call of duty

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I played call of duty ghosts.

I thought "a new call of duty can't possibly be a bad buy for mindless multiplayerness"

fail.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr President posted:

You guys got soft playing pussy rear end call of duty games and the various other hand holding junk that passes for AAA gaming now a days.

I'll play some DOA xtreme to get hard again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember the video of the guy who beat the first level of Black Ops without firing a shot?

Most AAA games are potemkin villages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr President posted:

Call of Duty is good