Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I don't understand what's wrong with this one. Seems fine to me. Unless it's referring to the hashtag, which I guess looks a little bad, but it's Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Justin Trudeau is real, and strong, and he is my friend.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
#CongratulationsJustin

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Meanwhile Maine is also shutdown because the House wouldn't approve a budget that gutted everything and replaced social services with a picture of LePage's fat face screaming "PORK!" at poor people.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Doctor Spaceman posted:

US taxes are deliberately designed to be hard to fill out

Not just the tax service companies' lobbying, but the GOP has a perverse incentive to make taxes and the IRS (and government in general) as "awful" as possible so they can be taken behind the barn and killed off. Keeping tax rates the same but making filing taxes easier is anathema to them because people shouldn't be happy about paying taxes.

I vaguely remember calculating tax rates on different income brackets as a math problem in seventh grade (in Finland) and talking about tax rates in the economy module of social studies class. I guess that would be out of the question in US schools.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Your Taint posted:

I don't understand what's wrong with this one. Seems fine to me. Unless it's referring to the hashtag, which I guess looks a little bad, but it's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881135560122785793

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh guys I've heard from tons of sources that America has the most punitive taxes in the world and we need to get rid of them to let businesses thrive.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 1, 2017

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I am so happy for my President and his new friend.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's so loving stupid it's beyond comprehension.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I am so happy for my President and his new friend.

Is friend what they're calling those kinds of services now?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Every time they say "Kobach" on MSNBC I hear "'Covok". This thread. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ratoslov posted:

Radical anti-government militia movement. Supposedly, only 3 percent of Americans participated in the American Revolution. Often written as 'III%', because these people are largely idiots. Pretty common here in Idaho.

Not ADA county, the only good county in Idaho. :colbert:

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011

Gotta stir up his loyal base

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
this was the point all along, and what kobach was parroting to the media yesterday

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881138077267140609

loving terrifying

annddd he can't stop

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881139335650623488
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881140594713673730

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881140594713673730

Can't stop/won't stop :dance:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

drat, and the Lawfare stuff hasn't even hit cable (or his recorder anyway). There remains so much more meltdown to go!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Not bad people, just dumb as gently caress and insane, and also corrupt media elite pieces of poo poo.

Th-thanks Trump

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

imagine being so utterly brain dead that you're proud this mental child holds the most powerful office on earth.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So for the Hall of Presidents thing at Disney, can they just put, like, a giant cell phone up there and scroll a bunch of Tweets?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Joe is definitely the dumb one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

So for the Hall of Presidents thing at Disney, can they just put, like, a giant cell phone up there and scroll a bunch of Tweets?

they're reverting back to when only washington and lincoln spoke because it was impossible to make trump work in the current scenario lmao.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

They should just hook it up to a text-to-speech generator connected to his Twitter feed, for maximum luls

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Groovelord Neato posted:

they're reverting back to when only washington and lincoln spoke because it was impossible to make trump work in the current scenario lmao.

Vice retracted the story you are referring to because of "several factual errors."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BiggerBoat posted:

They transferred him to the Haunted House.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vice is a dumpster.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BiggerBoat posted:

Someday at least it will be far enough in the future the tendency to compress time will at least make it seem like trump and the invention of cell phones happened at the same time and people will be able to tell it as a cute story of "look at these olde timey people not knowing any better"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fuuuuck. it's gonna be amazing then.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I work at Imagineering and I legit lifted up a cloth on a rack and saw Trump head molds. Spooked me!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Isn't there some crap brewing between Disney and Trump's team because Trump's team wants to write his speech and Disney's all "gently caress no, kids are going to see this, you weirdos."

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kekekela posted:

Every time they say "Kobach" on MSNBC I hear "'Covok". This thread. :smith:

It always figured it was meant to be read as "Sovok", but perhaps that wasn't the intent.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TARDISman posted:

Isn't there some crap brewing between Disney and Trump's team because Trump's team wants to write his speech and Disney's all "gently caress no, kids are going to see this, you weirdos."

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Pellisworth posted:

Russia is all the bad poo poo about Trumpism dialed to 11. The oligarchs own everything,

The oligarchs are owned by Putin though. Remember the story of Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the former (official) richest man in Russia, who was ruined and imprisoned by Putin for speaking out about corruption and financing opposition parties.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Alrighty, couldn't remember if that was part of the refuted story or not. Probably should've figured.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/881146495449300992

i'm tillerson's slow descent into madness

TARDISman posted:

Alrighty, couldn't remember if that was part of the refuted story or not. Probably should've figured.

it's okay. your avatar is p adorable.

Rinkles posted:

Vice is a dumpster.

they do some interesting journalism. they did some interesting reporting on euromaidan and life in the so-called donetsk people's republic a few years back.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 1, 2017

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Antti posted:

Not just the tax service companies' lobbying, but the GOP has a perverse incentive to make taxes and the IRS (and government in general) as "awful" as possible so they can be taken behind the barn and killed off. Keeping tax rates the same but making filing taxes easier is anathema to them because people shouldn't be happy about paying taxes.

I vaguely remember calculating tax rates on different income brackets as a math problem in seventh grade (in Finland) and talking about tax rates in the economy module of social studies class. I guess that would be out of the question in US schools.

The GOP would move the April 15th tax filing deadline day to the first Monday in November if they could get away with it.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

skylined! posted:

this was the point all along, and what kobach was parroting to the media yesterday

loving terrifying

I wonder what the odds are this "voter fraud panel" finds anything other than many millions of votes for Hillary that were illegitimate, no matter how many states comply.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

skylined! posted:

loving terrifying

Candidate Trump wouldn't release his tax returns, as every other candidate has done for years. WHAT IS HE TRYING TO HIDE?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

skylined! posted:

loving terrifying

Imagine if Obama asked for this? At least you are seeing some pushback even among republicans and Kobach is getting exposed for the neo nazi scum he is. This will definitely be used against him in the Gov race.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

it's okay. your avatar is p adorable.

they do some interesting journalism. they did some interesting reporting on euromaidan and life in the so-called donetsk people's republic a few years back.

Aw, thank you.

Also I remember Vice was decent during the Ferguson protests, they had a lot of reporters basically running all over the place and uncovering a lot of the shady poo poo the Ferguson PD was doing in response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lassitude posted:

I wonder what the odds are this "voter fraud panel" finds anything other than many millions of votes for Hillary that were illegitimate, no matter how many states comply.

They're never going to have any findings, their going to leak all the info they're able to gather to other parties so they can engage in institutional and private disenfranchisement.

Imagine knowing what neighborhoods have high turnout of blue voters and turning that info over to an alt right militia group. They could literally show up and scare people into not leaving their homes.

• Locked thread