Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is it still feasible to reunite Rome and get the achievement? It seems like expansion has become extremely difficult now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

a7m2 posted:

Is it still feasible to reunite Rome and get the achievement? It seems like expansion has become extremely difficult now.

Nah, still pretty doable, especially if you start from the Charlemagne start, where even if you're really slow you still have plenty of time to get it.

Coalitions sound scary but they aren't a very big deal once you get big enough, because there might be a lot of dudes but they're very disorganized - rather than having to fight one giant megablob you'll instead be swatting the individual armies of every kingdom aligned against you, with maybe 2 or 3 ganging up at once (which will still be a small fraction of the kind of army you should be running around with).

Not to mention that coalitions still respect non-aggression pacts - so if you arrange a few key marriages with your larger neighbours before invading the smaller ones, they'll stay out of it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Nah, still pretty doable, especially if you start from the Charlemagne start, where even if you're really slow you still have plenty of time to get it.

Coalitions sound scary but they aren't a very big deal once you get big enough, because there might be a lot of dudes but they're very disorganized - rather than having to fight one giant megablob you'll instead be swatting the individual armies of every kingdom aligned against you, with maybe 2 or 3 ganging up at once (which will still be a small fraction of the kind of army you should be running around with).

Not to mention that coalitions still respect non-aggression pacts - so if you arrange a few key marriages with your larger neighbours before invading the smaller ones, they'll stay out of it.

Excellent thank you. Any tips for doing it as the byzantine empire? Which places i should prioritize, what date i should start at, etc?

e: sorry, I misread your post

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 30, 2017

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You can do it with one ruler if you start as Charlie and swear fealty to the byzantines after all the plot conquests. You might get lucky and have an elective Byzantine empire you can immediately faction and press claim for.
Then you are so large you don't have to fear coalitions.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a7m2 posted:

Excellent thank you. Any tips for doing it as the byzantine empire? Which places i should prioritize, what date i should start at, etc?

e: sorry, I misread your post

If you Google around, there's full step by step guides on doing it as the Byzantines that you can use to give yourself an outline to follow.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I was going for a "reunite rome" casual run and got invited into satanism a couple of years in and thought "Eh, why not". About a week after my first demonic sacrifice, less than a month in, I suddenly became a possessed stuttering slothful arbitrary greedy lunatic in rapid succession. Is that meant to happen? Because :psyduck:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

spectralent posted:

I was going for a "reunite rome" casual run and got invited into satanism a couple of years in and thought "Eh, why not". About a week after my first demonic sacrifice, less than a month in, I suddenly became a possessed stuttering slothful arbitrary greedy lunatic in rapid succession. Is that meant to happen? Because :psyduck:

That's an excessive case, but generally, yeah. They tuned up the rate at which you get bad traits for being a satanist because before you just got a ton of amazing powers with basically no downside.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

The Cheshire Cat posted:

That's an excessive case, but generally, yeah. They tuned up the rate at which you get bad traits for being a satanist because before you just got a ton of amazing powers with basically no downside.

Yeah, going from "a bit envious" to "insane rear end in a top hat" took me about a week or two, which seemed kind of extreme.

Everyone else in the cult has like one or two bad traits :smith:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Welcome to Evil. You don't think anything can happen until it happens to you.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Speaking of the Charlie start, I've done one or two full playthroughs from 1066 as Ireland. I'd really like to form the empire of Brittania, but since I don't have a great understanding of stuff like strategic marriages and stabbing, I run out of time. On the rare occasions when I get an assassination plot to fire, I've usually misunderstood some succession dynamic and don't get my intended result. Often times I don't even bother trying, because there are 2-3+ dudes in line and the odds of getting even one successful assassination seem poor. I actually don't mind taking the slower route of fabricating claims or pressing those of vassals; I play with my partner looking over my shoulder and she kind of insists on RPing with modern sensibilities (not being really stabby/a huge dick). I'd like to get better at the marriage game though, as that would probably make things go a bit quicker.

Starting as Murchad, I can usually get Ireland under my thumb within my first or second ruler (take over my vassal's county to get 100% levies from him, use that to grab Desmond and start building momentum, then form the Kingdom of Ireland once I'm at 51% control and everyone vassalises without a fuss). Brittany is typically easy prey, and I can usually get at least half of Wales while England isn't looking, if not the whole thing. I usually do these while I'm waiting on Irish truces to cooldown or fabbing a new claim. Scotland is usually where I start to stall out, although I can usually get most if not all of it by the end of the game.

I had thought about trying an earlier start date to help with the "ran out of time" thing, but I'm not crazy about dealing with new mechanics (tribal) when my understanding of feudal is still fairly incomplete. I'm pretty happy to stay in Ireland as I think I'd probably get run over pretty quickly elsewhere, but I'd be open to trying somewhere else (Scotland?) if it opened up an early feudal start and wasn't super difficult. Aside from getting better at marriages (I'm terrible, pretty much anyone who isn't my heir I just kind of ignore and swat away AI proposals for unless they get really insistent), what are some suggestions/tips you guys have for me?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Playing as France (west) in a timeline where Charlemagne didn't get to do anything, so most of my de-jure territory is under the crown of Burgundy, which is three times my size. Looking for a way to erode their power, I realized I had an unmarried Imbecile relative, and managed to marry her to their crown heir, hoping to get some bad traits down their line.

Their firstborn and heir is a Genius.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Speaking of the Charlie start, I've done one or two full playthroughs from 1066 as Ireland. I'd really like to form the empire of Brittania, but since I don't have a great understanding of stuff like strategic marriages and stabbing, I run out of time. On the rare occasions when I get an assassination plot to fire, I've usually misunderstood some succession dynamic and don't get my intended result. Often times I don't even bother trying, because there are 2-3+ dudes in line and the odds of getting even one successful assassination seem poor. I actually don't mind taking the slower route of fabricating claims or pressing those of vassals; I play with my partner looking over my shoulder and she kind of insists on RPing with modern sensibilities (not being really stabby/a huge dick). I'd like to get better at the marriage game though, as that would probably make things go a bit quicker.

Starting as Murchad, I can usually get Ireland under my thumb within my first or second ruler (take over my vassal's county to get 100% levies from him, use that to grab Desmond and start building momentum, then form the Kingdom of Ireland once I'm at 51% control and everyone vassalises without a fuss). Brittany is typically easy prey, and I can usually get at least half of Wales while England isn't looking, if not the whole thing. I usually do these while I'm waiting on Irish truces to cooldown or fabbing a new claim. Scotland is usually where I start to stall out, although I can usually get most if not all of it by the end of the game.

I had thought about trying an earlier start date to help with the "ran out of time" thing, but I'm not crazy about dealing with new mechanics (tribal) when my understanding of feudal is still fairly incomplete. I'm pretty happy to stay in Ireland as I think I'd probably get run over pretty quickly elsewhere, but I'd be open to trying somewhere else (Scotland?) if it opened up an early feudal start and wasn't super difficult. Aside from getting better at marriages (I'm terrible, pretty much anyone who isn't my heir I just kind of ignore and swat away AI proposals for unless they get really insistent), what are some suggestions/tips you guys have for me?
Straight up inheriting a title is a level of claim masterminding that both requires some good luck in your own inheritants and an eye of just what to watch out for. Its easier collecting inheritable claims on randos in your dynasty.

You need just over 50% of crown counties to steal a king title which will give you claims on the holdouts. Which isn't ideal cause you get whatever poo poo crown laws the AI has in place so if you can get claims on the duchies and wipe the crown out entirely and reform it its better. But its a good first timer shortcut when learning the claim game.

You basically want to go duchy by duchy through Scotland and England, find claimants with strong inheritable claims to the duchies (taking counties in big king vs king wars is awful) and will accept an invite to court. Most ideally they are unmarried and childless, if not assassinate the wife or if you have to assassinate the wife and kids. Then marry them to a dynasty member, matrilineal if needed (that's the reason to invite them first because they can't refuse marriage in your court) and hope they have kids. When the claimant dies, your dynasty member gets the claim and you can press it without them leaving the realm and you get to take Scotland and England duchy by duchy instead of county by county.

The golden play is distilling crown claims into your inheritance line, or straight up getting the title free and clear in a direct inheritance. Its repeatable enough to be a recommended strategy by veterans but I've never gotten it to work outside of happy coincidences of treaty princesses passing on their weak claim and getting another happy coincidence of the crown going into contention to allow your weak claim to be pressed.

The isles are tribal thunderdome in the earlier starts which I guess is technically easier to form the empire but I find to be a trash way to play the game.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Considering picking up more DLC, sell me on one of the following: Conclave or Monks an Mystics

Atsushogob
Oct 7, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

Considering picking up more DLC, sell me on one of the following: Conclave or Monks an Mystics

What are you looking for? M&M does a lot around religion and personal character stuff with the ability to join monastic orders and such, and I think adds the inventory stuff? (not sure what's a patch and expack feature there honestly.) While secret cults were a bit broken last I played, it's still quite fun being able to be a secret heathen/heretic.

Conclave changes the educational system as well as adding in the council mechanics to make your inter-realm politics more interesting. Also adds 'status of women' lawset and changes crown authority into various other, more specific laws that govern the council.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
What's up with all the bad reviews for Monks and Mystics?

"Secret religious societies will instantly convert your entire country into semi-heathens that will NEVER convert back to your main religion. You will face your entire realm in a civil war that you cant win because if you win one, two more will pop up in 2 years."

Is it really that bad?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
oh dang

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The just released beta patch fixed that, though.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
My only heir to the throne was imprisoned and then "disappeared without a trace" - as far as I can see no one was pissed at me. What causes the disappeared message?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Twist And Pout! posted:

My only heir to the throne was imprisoned and then "disappeared without a trace" - as far as I can see no one was pissed at me. What causes the disappeared message?

Satan. Maybe cannibalism.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 2, 2017

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

zedprime posted:

Straight up inheriting a title is a level of claim masterminding that both requires some good luck in your own inheritants and an eye of just what to watch out for. Its easier collecting inheritable claims on randos in your dynasty.

You need just over 50% of crown counties to steal a king title which will give you claims on the holdouts. Which isn't ideal cause you get whatever poo poo crown laws the AI has in place so if you can get claims on the duchies and wipe the crown out entirely and reform it its better. But its a good first timer shortcut when learning the claim game.

You basically want to go duchy by duchy through Scotland and England, find claimants with strong inheritable claims to the duchies (taking counties in big king vs king wars is awful) and will accept an invite to court. Most ideally they are unmarried and childless, if not assassinate the wife or if you have to assassinate the wife and kids. Then marry them to a dynasty member, matrilineal if needed (that's the reason to invite them first because they can't refuse marriage in your court) and hope they have kids. When the claimant dies, your dynasty member gets the claim and you can press it without them leaving the realm and you get to take Scotland and England duchy by duchy instead of county by county.

The golden play is distilling crown claims into your inheritance line, or straight up getting the title free and clear in a direct inheritance. Its repeatable enough to be a recommended strategy by veterans but I've never gotten it to work outside of happy coincidences of treaty princesses passing on their weak claim and getting another happy coincidence of the crown going into contention to allow your weak claim to be pressed.

The isles are tribal thunderdome in the earlier starts which I guess is technically easier to form the empire but I find to be a trash way to play the game.

Thanks for that, makes a lot of sense!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i finally figured out giving things to vassals without losing counties and also what someone meant by don't upgrade castles because the ai will since thats what i was giving away :thumbsup:

i also realised i need a lot of gold if i'm going to invade because its not cheap. My characters husband died which meant i lost 1 in demesne size which was annoying.

how much focus should i put into upgrading things inside counties?

Jose fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 2, 2017

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jose posted:

i finally figured out giving things to vassals without losing counties and also what someone meant by don't upgrade castles because the ai will since thats what i was giving away :thumbsup:

i also realised i need a lot of gold if i'm going to invade because its not cheap. My characters husband died which meant i lost 1 in demesne size which was annoying.

how much focus should i put into upgrading things inside counties?

Typically, you mainly just want to upgrade your capital barony - that's the one place you're pretty much guaranteed not to lose through inheritance or have to give away, and it's more efficient to concentrate your upgrades in one place since you can use council jobs to boost output further in that one place. Generally, you don't want to upgrade cities or bishoprics, since they're owned by a mayor or bishop that gets most of the money and can use that money to buy upgrades themselves. Still, there are a few useful buildings in non-baronies that might be worth paying for if you have plenty of money to burn, like the University.

Sargeant Biffalot
Nov 24, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah the powers are a bit of a trap option for the satanists, the best/cheesiest use of them is just to keep converting other rulers + heirs to the cult until the bonus points bump you to high priest and you can force them to automatically surrender in wars or accept vassalisation requests. Only power worth using in gameplay terms, besides dark healing where necessary is the abduct + induct into lucifers own combo. Absorb lifeforce in particular, though the most flavour appropriate power, sucks from a pure game perspective because you want your scandalous, known demon worshipper, all vices and all congenital deformities ruler to die and pass his cheesed empire onto an innocent heir. Although if you time things wrong you end up with a hunchbacked, clubfooted prince versus a bunch of much-stronger tributaries ruled by high intrigue sorcerers, which, uh, keeps things interesting anyway.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm having a whale of a time with the Rajas of India mod. A really hot streak of luck has eventually seen me end up with a ruler that is an immortal strong berserking genius! Best character I've ever had by far and the Viking Raja is well on his way to conquering the subcontinent! :black101:

In my games these uber mensch characters are usually followed by generations of garbage rulers but this guy's so good I'm happy to take it as it comes.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Inkfish posted:

I'm having a whale of a time with the Rajas of India mod. A really hot streak of luck has eventually seen me end up with a ruler that is an immortal strong berserking genius! Best character I've ever had by far and the Viking Raja is well on his way to conquering the subcontinent! :black101:

In my games these uber mensch characters are usually followed by generations of garbage rulers but this guy's so good I'm happy to take it as it comes.

iirc berserker is super bad for immortals because its one of the few ways they can actually die.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BenRGamer posted:

iirc berserker is super bad for immortals because its one of the few ways they can actually die.

Yep.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

BenRGamer posted:

~30 years in I got converted to Jainism and lost the trait :(.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well my first real game ended when I didn't realise i had no children and my character died leaving a 50 year old in charge with no children. I kept getting children education notifications so didn't think anything was wrong

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 4, 2017

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
When in doubt, clic on the Laws icon (gavel image, up and the... second I think from the left) and check your primary title. The line of people under it are the line of sucession. It may be entirely possible that you died without a direct dinastic heir to your only title (i. e. your laws are Agnatic but all your dinasty is female, or your direct heir is a woman, who can't get the throne under Agnatic and whose child is of the father's dynasty, or you got Elective and yout vassals decided they no longer favor your family) so, while your dynasty may not be extinct, they are unlanded, and you lose if that happens. If your family is not that big, try to always set the laws to Agnatic-cognatic so not to screw yourself if you get no boys. Also, try to marry your closer female relatives (at least one sister, preferably the oldest if you're going Primogeniture) matrilineally, so if worse comes to worse she'll (hopefully) pop some kids of your line. They will not be too useful for alliances that way, because no ruling party wants to lose their throne on a matrilineal marriage, but at least you'll have some backup heirs.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Jiru posted:

try to marry your closer female relatives (at least one sister

There's certainly a lot of that going on in my current game if the number of imbeciles in my dynasty are anything to go by.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Are there any especially interesting starts as a Nomad anywhere? Nomad games are fun but they all seem a little... Same-y.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MinistryofLard posted:

Are there any especially interesting starts as a Nomad anywhere? Nomad games are fun but they all seem a little... Same-y.

I really enjoy playing as one of the Hungarian Khans in the 769 start. They are fairly weak with a large neighbor nearby, but they also have several very small neighbors ripe for the picking. The start is very luck dependent as far as getting war decced goes, but if you can survive the first year without Khazaria declaring on you everything tends to work out. The early game is all about spending your prestige on light cav asap, and getting your troop numbers high enough to not be an inviting target. If you can arrange alliances with some of the Khazarian Khans you'll be well on the way to taking over the world.

And the reason I prefer a Khan as opposed to the Khagan, is so that when I get around to subjugating Byzantium I take it as my new primary title. Since nomads can't switch primary title, this is the easiest way of playing as a nomadic Byzantium.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

binge crotching posted:

I really enjoy playing as one of the Hungarian Khans in the 769 start. They are fairly weak with a large neighbor nearby, but they also have several very small neighbors ripe for the picking. The start is very luck dependent as far as getting war decced goes, but if you can survive the first year without Khazaria declaring on you everything tends to work out. The early game is all about spending your prestige on light cav asap, and getting your troop numbers high enough to not be an inviting target. If you can arrange alliances with some of the Khazarian Khans you'll be well on the way to taking over the world.

And the reason I prefer a Khan as opposed to the Khagan, is so that when I get around to subjugating Byzantium I take it as my new primary title. Since nomads can't switch primary title, this is the easiest way of playing as a nomadic Byzantium.

Holy poo poo, does that let you have cataphracts as your "main retinue" thing that nomads get?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

spectralent posted:

Holy poo poo, does that let you have cataphracts as your "main retinue" thing that nomads get?

You can actually do 100% Heavy Cavalry, but all it requires is that your nomad capital is in Western or Southern Europe. And yes, 100% Heavy Cavalry is as awesome as you think. And as expensive.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wish there were more "press all claims" options. I like being the byzantines in 1081but I hate slooooooooooowly warring/trucing/warring for a bajillion years to get Anatolia back. After one or two wars Rum is done in but you can take at most one duchy at a time, and if they end up with random holdings within your land or losing/gaining solo provinces elsewhere then those all take an individual war. And all this after you've already smashed their poo poo in three+ previous times. I feel like you should be able to claim an amount of war goals depending on your size.

Count of Bumfuck spends all his resources occupying a place so he can only take one CB per war, whereas a giant realm with decent stability can stack several similar war goals since they have the resources to take it all. Probably limit it to one holy war per but stacking claims/imperial reconquest/de jure CBs at some cost, please. Maybe an income/levy malus for exponential time as you stack goals and win, since you've presumably got to occupy those places. Also your vassals will be mad unless they get pieces of the pie so no taking it all for yourself or dishing it out solely to ideal landless content courtiers unless you want people getting pissed.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

binge crotching posted:

You can actually do 100% Heavy Cavalry, but all it requires is that your nomad capital is in Western or Southern Europe. And yes, 100% Heavy Cavalry is as awesome as you think. And as expensive.

I mean... If you're byzantine emperor, that would seem to fix the second half of that. God, now I'm thinking of a chain where the khan claims the byzantine crown, restores the roman empire, and has tribute from the whole med funding a massive stack of heavy cav with reconquest CBs on the entirety of europe and holy war CBs on most of the rest.

spectralent fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 6, 2017

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I wish there were more "press all claims" options. I like being the byzantines in 1081but I hate slooooooooooowly warring/trucing/warring for a bajillion years to get Anatolia back. After one or two wars Rum is done in but you can take at most one duchy at a time, and if they end up with random holdings within your land or losing/gaining solo provinces elsewhere then those all take an individual war. And all this after you've already smashed their poo poo in three+ previous times. I feel like you should be able to claim an amount of war goals depending on your size.

Count of Bumfuck spends all his resources occupying a place so he can only take one CB per war, whereas a giant realm with decent stability can stack several similar war goals since they have the resources to take it all. Probably limit it to one holy war per but stacking claims/imperial reconquest/de jure CBs at some cost, please. Maybe an income/levy malus for exponential time as you stack goals and win, since you've presumably got to occupy those places. Also your vassals will be mad unless they get pieces of the pie so no taking it all for yourself or dishing it out solely to ideal landless content courtiers unless you want people getting pissed.

This is honestly one of the most annoying things to me, too. Especially when there's a bunch of counties you have a claim on and you can't just press for the duchy instead, or the same kind of deal where you de-facto own a kingdom but need to spend 20-30 years before you can usurp the proper title.

There should be a force-vassalise CB too when there's a king who won't bend knee because of the "I AM A KING" modifier.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Another fun scenario: Funding the HRE (which requires Italy and another crown between france, germany, hispania and one or two others) and getting the map to not look like rainbow vomit. Yeah, you get super stable with time and the other crowns won't stop exploding and/or fighting each other since everyone and their cat has claims on everyone else's poo poo. You still need to fight all of them in a mostly county-by-county basis, even if your troops could take on them almost all together. It gets rather boring after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also relatedly, the AI always refusing to surrender until 100% warscore seems to hurt the AI a lot more than the player. As a player if I find myself in an unwinnable situation I'll surrender as soon as the cards are on the table so I can start rebuilding my levies/coffers for whatever blowback comes from revolts or whatever. Especially if it's a minor loss.

The AI, though, will fight to the end. Take my byzantines vs seljuks thing, I'll declare war for one seljuk county. 40k vs 40k levies, two decent rulers with a good bank account, a fair fight. Luckily I'm a human so I smash the seljuk armies in a few battles, now I'm sieging the province I want and it's 30k vs 10k levies and the seljuks are frantically hiring mercs.

Pretty soon the writing is on the wall and it's just a matter of sieging more land or waiting out the ticking warscore. For the player it's tedious, but meanwhile AI seljuks are bankrupting themselves, pissing off vassals, grinding down their dwindling levies, and getting dynasty members killed in futile fall-of-berlin-style battles of 5k vs 20k. When 100% finally comes, instead of a minor setback from some dead troops and a small loss of land and prestige, there's a bankrupt 3-year-old sultan whose guts every vassal despises, probably being invaded by some opportunistic third parties. A small defeat instead turbofucks the seljuks forever and the player can steamroll them for several decades if they don't implode.

I love this game but sometimes it gets simultaneously too easy and too tedious, especially as a king/emperor.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 6, 2017

• Locked thread