Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Future nba all star Lance will make em dance baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Future nba all star Lance will make em dance baby

Oh he sure will! And I can't wait.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

2018 Eastern Conference All-Stars:

Kyrie, Wall, LeBron, Giannis, 5-15:???

Seriously that talent drain is some of the worst I've seen

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
5/20 and 4/22 for Jrue and I would have been ok, as I said earlier. 5/25 is too much.

If he he hits the incentives to reach 5/150, then he is worth that money, so I'm not worried about that part.

E: he won't hit his incentives

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

It's actually just going to be the cavs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...what was the Love/Phoenix package again? The Pacers got the 4th overall pick and what else? Cause I think that's way better than getting Oladipo at 20 million.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Thomas and Horford?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Norm is making the allstar game.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Embiid, Love, DeRoazan, IT, Horford....

yeah I got nothin

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao he didn't want pg in the east

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/881142467784884226

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

aBagorn posted:

Embiid, Love, DeRoazan, IT, Horford....

yeah I got nothin

Kyrie
Derozen
Lebron
Melo
Horford

IT
Wall
Beal
Kemba?
Love
Dwight?
Uhhhhhhh....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is the year that Porzing finally gets his all-star berth, by way of elimination

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I can buy this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kyrie
Derozen
Lebron
Melo
Horford

IT
Wall
Beal
Kemba?
Love
Dwight?
Uhhhhhhh....

Giannis

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
next year when Lebron goes to the Lakers they should just stop inviting the eastern conference to the playoffs all together.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Tae posted:

So...what was the Love/Phoenix package again? The Pacers got the 4th overall pick and what else? Cause I think that's way better than getting Oladipo at 20 million.

It looks like Indy took the package that would mean the most wins over the next 3 years without hamstringing them with an old player. So I guess I was wrong and they aren't tanking.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It looks like Indy took the package that would mean the most wins over the next 3 years without hamstringing them with an old player. So I guess I was wrong and they aren't tanking.

Then why not just take Kevin Love and keep him. He is 28 as opposed to Oladipo's 25 and infinitely better

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Boston media sharpening their knives already.

https://twitter.com/BGlobeSports/status/881145922884947969

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder if they reintroduced contract incentives for all-star berths, more players would be willing to sign with eastern conference teams

I think the best suggestion I've seen is someone trading for Joe Johnson so he can reach double digit appearances

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

so i guess other than the Cavs and maybe the.... i dunno, the wizards? the east is basically the minor leagues lol

76ers.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kyrie
Derozen
Lebron
Melo
Horford

IT
Wall
Beal
Kemba?
Love
Dwight?
Uhhhhhhh....

Kristaps was 2 slots ahead of Melo in last season's all-star vote
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18514988/nba-all-star-2017-voting-results
Melo's gonna continue to decline this year. He'll be terrible.

Paperback Writer posted:

You're right they should've let him go.

Hah you think Curry was threatening to leave if he didn't get max?

They talked Durant (a younger, far, far better player than Curry) out of a max, but can't get Steph to agree not wreck the team?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Man people are going to be really disappointed when their 2nd and 3rd most important players play like rookies.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I am still totally confused as to the Paul George deal. Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

I wonder if they reintroduced contract incentives for all-star berths, more players would be willing to sign with eastern conference teams

I think the best suggestion I've seen is someone trading for Joe Johnson so he can reach double digit appearances

Demps does this for like all his contracts. They are often categorized under "unlikely" incentives.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

I am still totally confused as to the Paul George deal. Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

My man presti has a silver tongue that's why

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

They talked Durant (a younger, far, far better player than Curry) out of a max, but can't get Steph to agree not wreck the team?

KD is a shook rear end bitch so this makes sense

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

dokmo posted:

He played for Indiana in college. The Pacers the last 5-6 years have made moves based on who has Indiana prestige

edit: Really? Taking a discount is being a coward?

Tae fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 1, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

dokmo posted:

in 2017, things aren't supposed to make sense.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

This was the plan the whole time... they know what they're doing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

He played for Indiana in college. The Pacers the last 5-6 years have made moves based on who has Indiana prestige

This explanation is so loving dumb, and also probably correct lol

Paul Zuvella posted:

KD is a shook rear end bitch so this makes sense

:wth:

haha Jabari Parker has a good chance of making an all-star team. Derrick Rose could be back there too.

Wade's gonna get back in on the strength of fan voting until he retires just like Kobe did, irregardless of how he plays, .

dokmo posted:

Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

Hmm, no, I've got the official dictionary here in front of me and it looks like the proper word is "irregardless".

Paperback Writer posted:

This was the plan the whole time... they know what they're doing.

Oh yeah they're definitely light years ahead

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Pritchard was running the Blazers and everyone thought he'd be ruling the league for years

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

dokmo posted:

The only possible explanation is that the Pacers think Oladipo has all-star potential and that Sabonis is going to be a solid starter. As far as GMs are concerned, there's no such thing as an 'objectively better' deal, each GM has their own inherently subjective evaluation of every player. Chicago love Dunn, Sacramento love Hield, Indiana love Oladipo... they all think they got a good deal. Time will tell they are all wrong obviously

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lebron to OKC and they resign PG next year who says no?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

George Hill turned down 3 years/80 million

He really didn't want to be in Utah, huh

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when Pritchard was running the Blazers and everyone thought he'd be ruling the league for years

Lmao all my friends are consoling themselves by saying this. Then I laugh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Magic finally has built a championship contender:

That's one of the most talented summer league rosters I've ever seen.

HEAD COACH JUD BUECHLER

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wow, like 800 new posts since I checked the thread yesterday. The NBA offseason is more popular than the playoffs. Also, congrats Metapod

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Looks like Iggy has a meeting with the Rockets.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JUD BUECHLER THE GOD OF GARBAGE TIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jT3KUzERg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well then.

Let's go the Utah Jazz. I only know like 4 of their players and it sounds like two of them might get traded.

• Locked thread