Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Moltrey posted:

spoilers for part 5, but diavolo's entrance animation in all star battle justified that game's entire existence

I'm the frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

spoilers for part 5, but diavolo's entrance animation in all star battle justified that game's entire existence

I hope Dragon Ball Fighter Z is an insane success for Arc System Works and they go on to do many more licenced 3v3 fighters and jojo is next on the list. Imagine a game with all the nice fanservicey moments of ASB wrapped up in a good game!

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Meme Emulator posted:

I hope Dragon Ball Fighter Z is an insane success for Arc System Works and they go on to do many more licenced 3v3 fighters and jojo is next on the list. Imagine a game with all the nice fanservicey moments of ASB wrapped up in a good game!

That'd be nice

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

and then the inevitable DBZ vs Jojo hyper fighting game we've all been waiting for

honestly i just want a jojo game at evo to hear the commentary

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

now you got me thinking about how good that dragonball game is gonna be

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

that's a cow

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

That's a phone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, it's a cow.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doppio picking up random objects to answer phone calls from The Boss is the best running joke in JoJo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

and then the inevitable DBZ vs Jojo hyper fighting game we've all been waiting for

honestly i just want a jojo game at evo to hear the commentary

I want a "just put all of the assets we created into one game" MvC2 style Jump All Stars game.

Also I can't believe Fugo just punks out for the rest of part 5. I understand his stand makes it hard to write battles, but he just goes "nah I'm out" and we never see him again except for Sleeping Slaves.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He was gonna return as a traitor but the idea made Araki too sad so he scrapped it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want a "just put all of the assets we created into one game" MvC2 style Jump All Stars game.

Also I can't believe Fugo just punks out for the rest of part 5. I understand his stand makes it hard to write battles, but he just goes "nah I'm out" and we never see him again except for Sleeping Slaves.

We do get more of him (albeit non-canonically) in Purple Haze Feedback.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Purple Haze Feedback is canon in my heart.

Also it's very good.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

EmmyOk posted:

Doppio picking up random objects to answer phone calls from The Boss is the best running joke in JoJo.

The best bit is when he's on an airplane and it looks like he's holding an actual phone, but no, it's a toy phone he borrowed from a toddler.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electric Phantasm posted:

I really liked that. It lent some weight to how big a deal it actually was to go against the boss.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also it's very good.

What's Purple Haze Feedback?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's a light novel that tells a story about Fugo after Part 5's conclusion.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I know how bad Non Canon Light Novel must sound, but it's actually pretty solid and the writer does a surprisingly good job at conveying Stand battles through text. There's translated pdfs out there of out that I reccomend tracking down, it's worth your time imo

like the novel's opening quote is a Rage Against The Machine lyric so it's pretty good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beelerzebub posted:

What's Purple Haze Feedback?

It was a light novel written for I think Jojo's 20th anniversary about Fugo after part 5. Where he goes on an adventure to destroy the remnants of Diavolo's drug trade so he can join Giorno's new mafia. It's not written by Araki (and so probably isn't canon) but he does the illustrations and it's quite a good read. It has some excellent stands as well as some cool expansion of a few things from part 5.

There's an English translation of it somewhere on the Internet and now that part 5 has gotten a better translation I almost feel like re-reading it since although it's a cool story for Fugo it also goes into what the Mafia is like now with Giorno in charge and that's something I feel adds to part 5's ending a little.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Hey, thanks for all the love, everyone. I'm glad to see everyone finding a newfound appreciation for Vento Aureo.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

sleeping slaves/ rolling stone is indeed nice and even poignant like I've said all along!!!!

Though i think if you didn't already like it you're probably never gonna, which is okay, but i am glad it ends that way

E: and yeah Dan I'm so glad i finally get GER, that confused me way more than king crimson for years actually

I actually do like Sleeping Slaves a lot more than I did before. Back in the days of the bad translation, it just felt like a confusing side story tacked on to the end of Vento Aureo, and I couldn't really justify why it existed at all. With the new translation, I think it'll be a lot easier for readers to see how the epilogue ties in with the overall conclusion of Part 5.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dance

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Jesus. Jotaro's pants in Part 6 are ugly as gently caress.

(I dunno how spoiler-y this is, so I'm going on the safe side)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he's a 40 year old man, they're snakeskin, it's called fashion, fool

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Beelerzebub posted:

since when did pucci get an account on SA?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jotaro's Part 6 outfit is actually a really common one,smh

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Moltrey posted:

he's a 40 year old man, they're snakeskin, it's called fashion, fool

Maybe I have no taste, maybe it's Maybelline. Snakeskin is just ugly in my opinion.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dadtaro best Jotaro

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beelerzebub posted:

Incorrect.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Jotaro's Part 6 outfit is actually a really common one,smh

lol. Please post the faketaro pic

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Just finished part 5 and that means, other than the Rohan stuff, I'm all caught up on the jojos. Thanks for all the excellent translations, Dan!

Beelerzebub posted:

Maybe I have no taste, maybe it's Maybelline. Snakeskin is just ugly in my opinion.

He's wearing snakeskin to taunt Whitesnake, obviously.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

current part 5 status:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Should I skip Part 5?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
blocked

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

tiistai posted:

Should I skip Part 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz7YN1AQmQ

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

tiistai posted:

Should I skip Part 5?

https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also it's very good.

Araki doesn't care about canon, why should you

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

tiistai posted:

Should I skip Part 5?

Yeah do it, Giorno sucks and King Crimson is nonsense

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Momomo posted:

Yeah do it, Giorno sucks and King Crimson is nonsense

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I Skipped Part 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I skipped it initially because I just wanted to get to part 6 and I don't really regret doing so, since the parts are all self-contained. No reason to skip it entirely though, since it's still some pretty good fun. It took me a long while to warm up to any of the characters though, and as soon as I started to they all died. One of these days I should give it another shot though since I wasn't aware of just how bad the old translation was.