Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2/11 Ramza's USB and SSB(dupe)

Is History's Truth good? Also I think I got all of his relics except for Shout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's kind of annoying that Zidane's Legend Dive arguably weakens his LMR (since in his Trance his Thief skills become instant-cast).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hmm, this Ramza USB actually doesn't look all that impressive. I guess it's alright on a hybrid team, but I already have OK's BSB and even though they stack, that seems a bit redundant.

Ah well, still better than a dupe, though once again this game will stop at absolutely nothing to give me FFT items. At this point I could give away 75% of the tactics stuff I've got and still have enough left for 2 full physical teams. And I've only ever pulled on 1 tactics banner.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hmm, this Ramza USB actually doesn't look all that impressive. I guess it's alright on a hybrid team, but I already have OK's BSB and even though they stack, that seems a bit redundant.

Ah well, still better than a dupe, though once again this game will stop at absolutely nothing to give me FFT items. At this point I could give away 75% of the tactics stuff I've got and still have enough left for 2 full physical teams. And I've only ever pulled on 1 tactics banner.

I use it all the time now as a RW. The instant cast for the party is really nice and sometimes bosses do a lot of physical damage. It made that XIII fight everyone complained about really easy.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

KPC_Mammon posted:

I use it all the time now as a RW. The instant cast for the party is really nice and sometimes bosses do a lot of physical damage. It made that XIII fight everyone complained about really easy.

Yeah, it seems like it would be more useful as an RW than native if you've got Shout. I just don't see myself building gauge fast enough to keep them both up otherwise, and on a hybrid team OK is probably the better native pick since he brings haste.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dumped 100 into this after the first 50 gave me just a dupe evoker's doublet, got gilgamesh's usb, vaan's bsb, and zell's bsb.

greg's usb is kind of crummy, right?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

OK BSB + Ramza USB has got to be like the gold standard for hybrid teams, right? Ramza on support, OK on dps, a healer and then whoever the gently caress you want for the last 2?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I guess I should probably actually try this thing out first, I almost never run hybrid teams even though I've got more than enough good poo poo for one.

Thinking Ramza USB, OK BSB, Cid Raines BSB, Vanille / Yshtola BSB, and whoever in the last spot I guess, maybe Orlandeau's OSB or Vaan's BSB.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

OK BSB + Ramza USB has got to be like the gold standard for hybrid teams, right? Ramza on support, OK on dps, a healer and then whoever the gently caress you want for the last 2?

Yeah and I don't think it is redundant at all, at least if you bring anyone who uses magic. The soft cap for MAG is high enough that you usually need three stacking sources of faithga to reach it.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Cowcaster posted:

dumped 100 into this after the first 50 gave me just a dupe evoker's doublet, got gilgamesh's usb, vaan's bsb, and zell's bsb.

greg's usb is kind of crummy, right?

Yes, but zell's bsb is a straight up non-elemental powerhouse and vaan's bsb is sweet damage and very good support. Now you don't need to bring double breaks on him, and his 5* thief means he does very good damage even without his bsb.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got around to killing the train, with Garnet being the last one standing. Nail biter too cause I had to use her CMD1 before her CMD2 thank god for Hastega. Only got me expert, but don't care still got the MClll. I have no idea why I struggled so much on that fight since I've been doing pretty good against the other D140 fights.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sprite141 posted:

Yes, but zell's bsb is a straight up non-elemental powerhouse and vaan's bsb is sweet damage and very good support. Now you don't need to bring double breaks on him, and his 5* thief means he does very good damage even without his bsb.

i also didn't have any good support breaks except for mustadio's, so that's good news. i regret rage pulling though because now i've got the one draw in the chamber for cloud's usb. don't dump mythril kids

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Help! I'm really tempted to legend dive terra since I have her USB, OSB, and lovely BSB. She is also my favorite character in the franchise.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure this is a terrible idea since the meta will be swinging hard towards physical next week and she shares motes with healers. The way motes are divided up seems to really favor physical teams since you'll be able to dive your top dps and top healer at the same time.

Could someone persuade me one way or the other regarding Terra?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KPC_Mammon posted:

Help! I'm really tempted to legend dive terra since I have her USB, OSB, and lovely BSB. She is also my favorite character in the franchise.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure this is a terrible idea since the meta will be swinging hard towards physical next week and she shares motes with healers. The way motes are divided up seems to really favor physical teams since you'll be able to dive your top dps and top healer at the same time.

Could someone persuade me one way or the other regarding Terra?

i'm not super up on the meta dude so take my advice with a grain of salt but it's my understanding that terra's legend materia is insane, and you've got her ultra soul break that gives her boosted fire damage and her overstrike that does fire damage and i would be air guitaring if i were you

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nihilarian posted:

Saw this and decided this would be my only 11-pull of the fest. Not disappointed.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
P1 2/11 the two SSBs
P2 no pull
P3 1/11 dupe Saintly Ex
P3-2 1/11 SSB Chaos Blade

So now with bad luck behind and only two dupes on P4 I'm getting something grea, right? At least it can't be 1/11 dupe genji glove, yeah?

P4 1/11 dupe Genji Glove

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

P1 2/11 the two SSBs
P2 no pull
P3 1/11 dupe Saintly Ex
P3-2 1/11 SSB Chaos Blade

So now with bad luck behind and only two dupes on P4 I'm getting something grea, right? At least it can't be 1/11 dupe genji glove, yeah?

P4 1/11 dupe Genji Glove

wow and i felt bad about pulling twice on banner 4

edit: i'm going to assume those p's are b's because otherwise this doesn't make much sense

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

wow and i felt bad about pulling twice on banner 4

edit: i'm going to assume those p's are b's because otherwise this doesn't make much sense

Phase 1, Phase 2, etc

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Phase 1, Phase 2, etc

ah yes

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Ugh I had to go an pull Ramza's USB on the banner and now I'm thinking about going back to Sephiroth for mastery

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
3/11 Zell BSB and dupes. Bah. Maybe again tomorrow... and the next day.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Thinking Ramza USB, OK BSB, Cid Raines BSB, Vanille / Yshtola BSB, and whoever in the last spot I guess, maybe Orlandeau's OSB or Vaan's BSB.
I do this for my physical team with Agrias BSB+OSB and Orlandu OSB+BSB. Start with OK BSB, spend a few turns getting mitigation up and gauge for Agrias + Orlandu, Ramza USB -> instant Agrias BSB -> instant Orlandu OSB, go nuts

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I had decided not to pull on the Phase 4 banner, but then I Rw'd Terra's USB and decided I had to try. One pull. Two orbs, one of them a disco ball. Oh poo poo. Dupe alph SSB, to make one max combined coat, and a loving magic sword! I can barely believe my luck, it is such a cool animation and I have her OSB!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sephiroth is ridiculous

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Using my Shantotto Chain to make some lightning teams. This is really cool! You can't use it for every fight but I find it very fun. I imagine a lot of people will end up with Zack's Chain chasing clouds Ultra.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

So, Bahamut D300. I can survive him fine with an RW wall, but my DPS is too low once he starts spamming curaga (what a dumb gimmick, let's give this pile of HP a cure counter!). On the other hand, if I RW a wind-based BSB or OSB, I can't keep up with Megaflare. At least, if he dumps it twice in a row, which apparently he can do!
My loadout:
Zidane, BSB2, Mug Bloodlust and the thief drain skill
Ignus, BSB, Protectga, Mind BD
Refia, BSB, Omega Strike and Explosive Fist
OK, BSB, Magic/Full Break
Eiko, USB/BSB, Shellga, Ultra Cure

I really wish they'd just made Wall super common instead of incredibly rare and then just adding piercing attacks. The piercing attacks are fine, it's just frustrating that two random characters get such a game-changing ability. I also really wish I had it native.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

This was unbelievably satisfying after 3 days of frustration:

Champion clear with no deaths, but just barely; lost 1 on actions and 2 on damage taken. Back row mage meta still has some gas in the tank:

Eiko USB as RW. Only used it once and no last stand procs. Realm USB probably would have been the better choice, to make dispel rebuff timing a lot easier. Raines and Onion did work with their BSBs for sustained DPS and OSBs as finishers.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

So, Bahamut D300. I can survive him fine with an RW wall, but my DPS is too low once he starts spamming curaga (what a dumb gimmick, let's give this pile of HP a cure counter!). On the other hand, if I RW a wind-based BSB or OSB, I can't keep up with Megaflare. At least, if he dumps it twice in a row, which apparently he can do!
My loadout:
Zidane, BSB2, Mug Bloodlust and the thief drain skill
Ignus, BSB, Protectga, Mind BD
Refia, BSB, Omega Strike and Explosive Fist
OK, BSB, Magic/Full Break
Eiko, USB/BSB, Shellga, Ultra Cure

I really wish they'd just made Wall super common instead of incredibly rare and then just adding piercing attacks. The piercing attacks are fine, it's just frustrating that two random characters get such a game-changing ability. I also really wish I had it native.

Bahamut always uses Megaflare twice at his first phase shift. If you're especially unlucky, he'll use one right before he shifts too, so that's three Megaflares in a row.

Can your Eiko sustain enough healing for the whole fight with just two bars? If so, you can use her default Shellga SB and put Protectga in her first slot instead, freeing one space on Ingus which can use for some more DPS.

Curada > Ultra Cure for this fight too, the HP stock gives you a lot more leeway.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Cowcaster posted:

i also didn't have any good support breaks except for mustadio's, so that's good news. i regret rage pulling though because now i've got the one draw in the chamber for cloud's usb. don't dump mythril kids

Rage pulling isn't cool at all, but uh, those results are more than worth the pull. I mean gilgamesh's usb isn't completely wotthless, and mostly it's a decent stat stick too. But yeah vaan's bsb alone is like getting raines' bsb, it's worth only getting that easily.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
2/11 Ramza USB and dupe Genji Gloves
1/11 dupe Vaan BSB (actually my 3rd one so now I have an 8* dagger, whoopity woo)

the game continues to deny me TERROR BALTIMORE relics. I think pulling again at this point is futile.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did 1 pull hoping for Ramza's Genji Gloves, got a dupe Sasuke Blade and Fujin's BSB instead.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Catching up after farming dark orbs all week. Just finished FFVI. Holy poo poo A+ was tough. Only cleared on Expert. Not sure if I'll go back to champion. Jump start was pretty easy though.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sephiroth is horseshit. gently caress this fight.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shock Trooper posted:

the game continues to deny me TERROR BALTIMORE relics. I think pulling again at this point is futile.

Solidarity, fellow character-lover

I'm really tempted to pull for Balthier's cool BSB2 but I know I'll just end up with a bunch of Vaan and Reks stuff (noting that I already have Vaan's BSB)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Prav posted:

sephiroth is horseshit. gently caress this fight.

:yeah:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wanted ramza or terra usbs but I got cecils and a paintbrush

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sprite141 posted:

Rage pulling isn't cool at all, but uh, those results are more than worth the pull. I mean gilgamesh's usb isn't completely wotthless, and mostly it's a decent stat stick too. But yeah vaan's bsb alone is like getting raines' bsb, it's worth only getting that easily.

ah, i didn't realize it was that good. still, the regret is more not saving the extra draw for cloud's usb than the results i got

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I guess the silver lining on cecil usb is that it makes getting max hits on guardbringer that much easier

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Greg's USB is kind of an investment in the future, for when they release a few samurai skills that get a boost from Retaliate.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
I whaled a bit on the banner wanting Greg and Terra USBs, four pulls.

Pull 1: Fujin BSB
Pull 2: Fujin BSB, Alph SSB
Pull 3: Ramza USB, PCecil USB
Pull 4: Relm BSB

Alph robe was the only dupe prior to this...I suppose I can't bitch since everything else is ridiculously useful, and PCecil can just spam his USB forever, that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So how is major retaliate different from retaliate

• Locked thread