Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls going to start assembling Assets to make another play for Doug McDermott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

Wade is going to rot away as the Alpha survivor so they can have a vet build their culture.

New Bulls culture: get paid.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wade is going to score 40 exactly the same way i saw marcus fizer break a nascent d-league scoring record by literally refusing to cross halfcourt for large stretched of the game

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I guess he's 18 days too old and triggered the over 38 clause so no 4 year contract.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i'm gonna be sad if Nene doesn't end up in Houston :(

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving lol the Celtics are going to go into next season with the exact loving team except somehow even thinner at the front court and people are still going to pretend Danny Ainge is a good GM

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 1, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lol thI Celtics are going to go into next season with the exact loving team except somehow even thinner at the. Front court and people are still going to pretend Danny Ainge is a good GM

It's gonna be even funnier if Fultz turns out to be as good as people were saying

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

wade is going to score 40 exactly the same way i saw marcus fizer break a nascent d-league scoring record by literally refusing to cross halfcourt for large stretched of the game

Ah the reverse Bogut.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Wade isnt gonna be on the team by then I am willing to bet.

Hell, you might be right. You got numbers on your side--slope of the Alpha graph RD Mangles posted agrees.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It will be pretty funny when the new superstar on an expiring contract gets the gently caress out after having to play with Russ for a while, just like the old one.

why do you only post about how much you hate Russ and OKC

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I know NBA rookies are not very good NBA players, and we should temper expectations of the Sixers being a good team next year, but last season, the Sixers gave over 2000 minutes to Nick Stauskas and TJ McConnell. Sergio Rodriguez played over 1500 minutes. Sergio Rodriguez.

I'm just saying, two talented rookies are a HUGE upgrade over two terrible NBA players. I'm of course talking about Sergio and Sauce, TJ is the lovable scrappy backup PG we need in our lives (but he should not be playing 2000+ minutes). Replacing Sauce + Sergio minutes with Fultz and Simmons minutes, getting a full season of Bayless and Holmes, Dario not being completely lost for half the season, and hopefully getting 60+ games out of Embiid is a pretty big jump. Might be a bit rough to start the season but I can see them being a 7 or 8 seed no one wants to see in the first round next year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

paternity suitor posted:

I know NBA rookies are not very good NBA players, and we should temper expectations of the Sixers being a good team next year, but last season, the Sixers gave over 2000 minutes to Nick Stauskas and TJ McConnell. Sergio Rodriguez played over 1500 minutes. Sergio Rodriguez.

I'm just saying, two talented rookies are a HUGE upgrade over two terrible NBA players. I'm of course talking about Sergio and Sauce, TJ is the lovable scrappy backup PG we need in our lives (but he should not be playing 2000+ minutes). Replacing Sauce + Sergio minutes with Fultz and Simmons minutes, getting a full season of Bayless and Holmes, Dario not being completely lost for half the season, and hopefully getting 60+ games out of Embiid is a pretty big jump. Might be a bit rough to start the season but I can see them being a 7 or 8 seed no one wants to see in the first round next year.

You're gonna catch wreck from Dejan for insulting Sergio my man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/881199134186717184

Anytime you can lock up the Kings 2016 PG rotation you gotta do it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sergio is terrible.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Can someone explain the Sixers strategy of offering big one-year deals to veterans? If you're not going to retain anyone long-term then why are you even bothering adding pieces to "compete" next year

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/881202410907029504

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lol the Celtics are going to go into next season with the exact loving team except somehow even thinner at the front court and people are still going to pretend Danny Ainge is a good GM

Don't worry, CBM, I'll handle this. It's getting a bit tired

No, they're going in with 4 new rookies including a top 3 pick

and if Tatum looks better than Fultz all the lols will come to naught

Irregardless of all the stupid leaks and missed deals, the Celtics were the #1 team in the East and have a fuckload of assets going forward, which would arguably make him the best GM in the conference. He's got an extremely conservative strategy but on the whole it's working very well.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Sergio is terrible.

Is lie!!!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

xbilkis posted:

Can someone explain the Sixers strategy of offering big one-year deals to veterans? If you're not going to retain anyone long-term then why are you even bothering adding pieces to "compete" next year

In general it can help learning to play with actual NBA players and not D-Leaguers. Plus with a little more floor spacing it can help the coaches and FO figure out what they actually have in their young guys

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Irregardless of all the stupid leaks and missed deals, the Celtics were the #1 team in the East and have a fuckload of assets going forward, which would arguably make him the best GM in the conference. He's got an extremely conservative strategy but on the whole it's working very well.

The best thing is gonna be all the U turn hot takes when they luck into both Doncic and Porter next summer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Danny Ainge is a good GM. But whoo boy is he annoying as gently caress

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I love El Chacho but I also love a lot of people who'd get run off my local playground court too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

xbilkis posted:

Adding on to it, they gain favor from players agents because they gave big money while also keeping their clients options open in a better market.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/881203897729073152

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lol at that joke but Clippers might not be in the playoffs this year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol and I thought Langston was stupid for opting out
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/88120414830

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JFK wasn't a pioneer

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

xbilkis posted:

You too Blake could one day be good enough at basketball to be assassinated/jailed/exiled.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

paternity suitor posted:

Actually you will find that TJ McConnell is the GOAT.

But I'm kinda with you. Simmons and Fultz are better than those guys but they are also both rookies so they'll be adjusting to the league and at minimum I would expect a ton of turnovers from them, which will be rough because they will be the team's two main ball handlers. I'd expect the team to lose a lot of exciting, close games this year because of that. But I agree that the East is so bad now that they might still sneak into a playoff spot if Embiid can stay healthy just because he can be such a dominant force on both ends of the court.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vaginal facsimile posted:

JFK wasn't a pioneer

JFK:Cuba ~ Blake:Making that trainer suck his nuts on TV

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Haha thanks Evan, I just gave up for the sake of my own mood

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

xbilkis posted:

Put actual NBA players around your young core so they can have spacing and grow properly. Become scrappy young playoff team that generates buzz in 2018 and makes a real playoff push in 2019 so you can attract elite free agent. Destroy Old Man Lebron Cavs and The Coward Golden State Warriors in 2020.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

He's Hinkieing up the assets, without losing, but you eventually need to Colangelo those assets into some star talent.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881204148305354754

Genuinely shocked he's only been in the league three years. The New York Langston Gallaway Hype Machine feels so distant

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

xbilkis posted:

they need people to play while they prep for their future of having a lineup of 26+ years old rookies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why, Pistons.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

JFK:Cuba ~ Blake:Making that trainer suck his nuts on TV

They both got dome in Dallas

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Danny Ainge can simultaneously be a good GM while also being a doofus this off season

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When Blake was told he couldn't punch team employees anymore, he walked for days across LA to punch a hobo by the Santa Monica pier

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I get that the Sixers need to add veteran pieces; it just feels weirdly empty to load up for one year and then immediately lose all that talent.

I guess it beats paying JJ Redick 17 million a year for 3 years though

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

He's Hinkieing up the assets, without losing, but you eventually need to Colangelo those assets into some star talent.

Are you saying that Ainge...needs to be A Man of Action??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If Fultz and Simmons are day one productive then I could see Philly in the playoffs but they're exactly the kind to team you DO want to meet in the first round. 0 experience, likely poor defense, never faced real game planning against their offense. It would be great for the development of their team though even if they got whacked.

• Locked thread