Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Agronox posted:

any day now

actually there is some weird little fund that is supposed to track bitcoin, GBTC, but it trades at a massive premium to NAV and is hard-to-borrow (though don't quite me on that last part, I can't check at the moment)

some poor analyst from Needman has to cover that fund. I'm undecided if that would be the best or worst assignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not just a scam, conservatism.txt

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

been binge-watching spartacus the past couple weeks, should finish up war of the damned tonight

its kind of neat how they basically do an entirely different show each season

not so neat that season 1 spartacus dude died irl :(

yeh that sucks

i liked that new spartacus had a very different take on the character and a very different physicality (i think... been a few years since i saw it)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the old Jita 1 ISK for 2 ISK scam

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
google ron paul paul ryan mpreg

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Addamere posted:

you just caused me to realize that someone out there probably has a very specific fetish for nazi human breast milk and i hate you for it

Isn't this already a thing? Milk gargled by a white woman or something?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Addamere posted:

Undeniable proof that National Review does not put the interests of the American people first.

Who in their broke brained mind would want to silence the Trump tweets? National Review, that's who.

https://twitter.com/wesleysnipes/status/881058600235302912

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

the new Marvel Capcom game includes no X-Men characters

of all the IP stuff they've bought back how is it that they still can't wrestle x-men from 20th century fox

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I know the cool kids hate the ivory tower but Derrida might be of interest to you if you haven't already encountered him bc he's all about the instability of texts and uses the Bible as an example sometimes because, like, you point to something in the Bible (or any text) and say "there, that's the meaning!" and a million contradictions fly in your face like hot dogs. The text is a moving target.

I dunno, ur smart.

Derrida was such an rear end in a top hat and I love him so much for it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Please find a way to include chill communism skelly tia

this skeleton is the best I dont see what the problem is, even dead people care about the living more than those ghouls in the GOP.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

are you serious

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-blade

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

the old Jita 1 ISK for 2 ISK scam

you were there for the RIT Triangle, weren't you

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

An Apple A Gay posted:

are you serious

Not usually

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

of all the IP stuff they've bought back how is it that they still can't wrestle x-men from 20th century fox

They have video game rights. It's just that the head guy at Marvel is a poo poo head who doesn't want to give free advertising to Fox movies by doing anything with the X-Men or the Fantastic Four.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weeping Wound posted:

who here has not #gonegalt

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

They haven't bought back any movie IP stuff, as far as I know. Spider-Man is a license deal, Fantastic Four (despite being a flop) is still owned by Fox and they are even pursuing making a new kid friendly F4 movie, and X-Men is too popular and profitable for Fox to let go.

Also, I may be wrong but I believe Marvel can use X-Men in video games (just not movies) but have been minimizing the inclusion of the Fantastic Four and X-Men in stuff specifically because they aren't in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They don't want to give free advertising to a Fox line of movies.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

you thinking of the ol' ballcuzzi? drop your nuts into a glass half filled with milk and a straw. blow bubbles in said milk.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Weeping Wound posted:

I was never actually in a Goon organization in EVE, though if I ever started playing again I'd probably join. This really ages me now but I was in Xetic and ASCN (holy poo poo that was a long time ago), and then never got back into 0.0 stuff really.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

They haven't bought back any movie IP stuff, as far as I know. Spider-Man is a license deal, Fantastic Four (despite being a flop) is still owned by Fox and they are even pursuing making a new kid friendly F4 movie, and X-Men is too popular and profitable for Fox to let go.

They regained a lot of movie rights, Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, etc. I think that's just from the other companies letting those deal expire, but if you told me they were encouraged to let those deals expire by a bag of cash from Marvel, I'd believe it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/881200744778608641
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/881203431003885568

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNm5drtAQXs

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

I was never actually in a Goon organization in EVE, though if I ever started playing again I'd probably join. This really ages me now but I was in Xetic and ASCN (holy poo poo that was a long time ago), and then never got back into 0.0 stuff really.

I did the GOON poo poo back in the day and never again

EVE is boring as poo poo

I was in Black Ops so that was basically sit at a computer and do absolutely nothing forever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They regained a lot of movie rights, Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, etc. I think that's just from the other companies letting those deal expire, but if you told me they were encouraged to let those deals expire by a bag of cash from Marvel, I'd believe it

Oh yeah, you're right. Though I'm not sure if money changed hands. A filmed Daredevil was viewed as a dead property prior to the Netflix series, I believe.

Still, I don't think Marvel ever lost the rights to these properties in non-movies. They could put them in video games.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

They have video game rights. It's just that the head guy at Marvel is a poo poo head who doesn't want to give free advertising to Fox movies by doing anything with the X-Men or the Fantastic Four.

let me tell you a story about the guy in question. theres only two photos of him in existence and one of them also has trump in it. he attends all the movie premieres in a grouch marx mask. he genuinely hates fox and or reed richards - hes so mad that he ordered all FF art at marvel hq taken off the walls

also marvel coproduced legion and it was a success and now xmen are allowed in games again

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what exactly is the plausible purpose behind an 'arms race' in a race that has already been won several times over by both sides

i mean why do you need more weapons than enough to kill everyone several times over i dont get it are we trying to just keep going til we can literally planet buster the earth to bits?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Weeping Wound posted:

I did the GOON poo poo back in the day and never again

EVE is boring as poo poo

I was in Black Ops so that was basically sit at a computer and do absolutely nothing forever

EVE's a great game, it's just CCP has let its features stagnate for years with nothing new. In all honesty, the Incarna bullshit, as bad as it was, was probably a good step for EVE because adding walking in stations content and gameplay would've livened things up. Microtransactions for gameplay things was the wrong move though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

what exactly is the plausible purpose behind an 'arms race' in a race that has already been won several times over by both sides

i mean why do you need more weapons than enough to kill everyone several times over i dont get it are we trying to just keep going til we can literally planet buster the earth to bits?

Well yeah, because what if the other guy makes that planet buster first?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

EVE's a great game, it's just CCP has let its features stagnate for years with nothing new. In all honesty, the Incarna bullshit, as bad as it was, was probably a good step for EVE because adding walking in stations content and gameplay would've livened things up. Microtransactions for gameplay things was the wrong move though.

can I pop out of my pod and shoot someone

that'd be a lot easier than sitting around for six hours in cloak doing loving nothing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

let me tell you a story about the guy in question. theres only two photos of him in existence and one of them also has trump in it. he attends all the movie premieres in a grouch marx mask. he genuinely hates fox and or reed richards - hes so mad that he ordered all FF art at marvel hq taken off the walls

also marvel coproduced legion and it was a success and now xmen are allowed in games again

I love that the Trump family has tentacles in loving everything, including Marvel and Bethesda software lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Junkyard Poodle posted:

some poor analyst from Needman has to cover that fund. I'm undecided if that would be the best or worst assignment.

easy job, as it's all bullshit. the previous one now works for "blockchain capital llc" so i guess he was a true believer

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Weeping Wound posted:

can I pop out of my pod and shoot someone

that'd be a lot easier than sitting around for six hours in cloak doing loving nothing

No because six years later it's still literally one room with no one in it for you to walk around in lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/880979834536472578

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Addamere posted:

Donald Trump has a very small penis.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nichael posted:

No because six years later it's still literally one room with no one in it for you to walk around in lol

you can see my dissatisfaction with EVE here

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

Oh yeah, you're right. Though I'm not sure if money changed hands. A filmed Daredevil was viewed as a dead property prior to the Netflix series, I believe.

Still, I don't think Marvel ever lost the rights to these properties in non-movies. They could put them in video games.

yeh just movie rights. during one of marvel's bankruptcies they just dumped the movie rights for a quick buck. the only reason they kept the rights to avengers characters like iron man and fabio and mr america is they were seen as worthless characters noone would want to see a movie about

theyre desperate to renegotiate the fantastic four deal cos one of marvel's greatest villains is trapped there, a guaranteed massive boxoffice draw...

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

punchymcpunch posted:

can we watch this in nitecrew tv one day cary-hiroyuki tagawa is one of my favourite actors

no *we* ant cuz im b& :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what the gently caress lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

yeh just movie rights. during one of marvel's bankruptcies they just dumped the movie rights for a quick buck. the only reason they kept the rights to avengers characters like iron man and fabio and mr america is they were seen as worthless characters noone would want to see a movie about

theyre desperate to renegotiate the fantastic four deal cos one of marvel's greatest villains is trapped there, a guaranteed massive boxoffice draw...

they really should just license baron von underbheit from adult swim and forget about dr. doom

• Locked thread