Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
You can make his brother, Erpimetheus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sekenr posted:

Nice changes. Although as a patron a really small nitpick is dungeons, they should remove overlevel requirements from story dungeons. I like to go there when I actually reached the point in the story when I should. With patron its really easy to overlevel them, in SWL I've been to Polaris once ans than bam its locked.

Click the "private team" checkbox.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bieeardo posted:

You can make his brother, Erpimetheus.

Good idea, but instead I made a Templar named TheJezza.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Am I right in understanding that patrons get just 1 cache key a day? Seems odd when I can pick up like 5 caches in a play session.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well they want to tempt you to buy more obviously but you can also sell those for anima shards which is a nice bonus.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Morglon posted:

Well they want to tempt you to buy more obviously but you can also sell those for anima shards which is a nice bonus.

I thought that might be the case but the € to Aurum exchange rate is pretty crazy. I'd have to blow 50€ to unlock the caches from the last two days. I can probably find a use for anima shards later on I guess.

Seems like the caches are exclusively for whales, prices for clothing in the dressing room are more along the lines of what I had expected.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not only is it pretty expensive but apparently their payment processor is super loving shady so even if I do end up buying some I won't before it's on Steam and I can use Steam wallet.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Fruits of the sea posted:

I thought that might be the case but the € to Aurum exchange rate is pretty crazy. I'd have to blow 50€ to unlock the caches from the last two days. I can probably find a use for anima shards later on I guess.

Seems like the caches are exclusively for whales, prices for clothing in the dressing room are more along the lines of what I had expected.

If this is your first time playing a f2p game, lockboxes are a very common part of most of them. The idea is to shower you with them to get you thinking about opening them for stuff. You're not expected to actually do it unless you're one of the super compulsive people that devs bank on. Some games do drop them rarely (thinking about LOTRO) but in general you'll be showered. Most of the games I've played have the drop rate reduced after a few months when devs realize that there are too many, but since you can sell them for a tiny bit of anima shards, they will always serve some purpose.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

In case nobody saw:

quote:

Update 2.0.1
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Dungeon Highlights

Introduced phase 1 of the Elite Dungeon System
Adjusted the loot table for chests in story dungeons to provide a higher chance of receiving an item over a distillate – Rougly a 50/50 split.
Significantly increased the rate that rare chests will spawn in story dungeons.
Rare chests in story dungeons will now give both a distillate and an extraordinary item.
Players will receive a guaranteed extraordinary item for the first dungeon they complete each day.
Added glyphs to scenario chests.
Increased the signet drop rate in lair chests.
Added XP to the repeatable dungeon missions.

General Highlights

Increased the base inventory size to 35.
Reduced the cost of Sprint 2 to 2500 Marks of Favour.
Quickened Anima has been renamed to Sprint Upgrade.
Unlocking a weapon’s active or passive page will now unlock the other page for free.
The price of the first weapon unlock has been reduced to 5000 Marks of Favour.
Increased the rate at which players gain AP and SP at level 50.
Attaching glyphs and signets no longer costs Marks of Favour.

Patron Highlights

Patrons will now receive 1 bonus AP whenever they gain an AP through XP.
Players will now receive 1 bonus SP whenever they gain an SP through XP.
Patrons now receive 20% more Marks of Favour from Challenges.
Teleporting no longer requires Anima Shards for Patrons.
All players can now initiate a trade with any other player as long as they are either a patron, or have reached level 15.

PATCH NOTES
GENERAL

Players who completed achievements The Buzz, or The Unseen in The Secret World now see these under Eternal Echoes.
Little Lion, Trippy Wisp, and Loyal Hound may now be deleted or consumed even when the pet is already owned. This addresses an issue where these items got stuck for legacy players who transferred these pets from The Secret World.
Added Surgical gloves, blue and Surgical gloves, white to the Agartha Achievement Vendor.
Made all the Achievement Vendor clothing items auto-consume on purchase.
Added the Snowball toss, Nassir’s Groovy Gun, and Shoes of Synchronicity to the Agartha Achievement Vendor.
It is no longer possible to meet-up into the Mining Museum Basement.
Updated a number of Interaction UIs to more accurately represent what the player is doing.
Adjusted the distribution of rewards for Lair missions.
Trainers now interrupt themselves when the player picks up the phone
Fixed an issue that could cause the mouse cursor to disappear during character creation.
You can now search for weapons on the Auction based on their attachment (Energy, Restoration, etc).
Changed the visuals on the ability bar so that the potion and gadget icons are clearer.
Updated the shotgun weapon UI

GAMEPLAY

Resurrection Joe and Ttsahthat, Lord of Mucus have had their level and power adjusted to intended values.
The vampire ability Field Transfusion will now Root instead of Stun to allow some counter play.
Resolved an issue with some fist DoTs overwriting each other.
Reload animations for shotgun should now always display your shotgun when playing.
Fixed a case where the Sanguine Wendigo could vaporize before the chase had finished during the mission Rolls Downhill.
Added a fallback for cases where the Sanguine Wendigo is invulnerable during the final fight of Rolls Downhill.
Fixed the waypoint to enter the sewers being wrong during Tier 5 of Dawning of an Endless night.
The mission giver for the Tyler Freeborn chain now properly appears on the main map.
The Cult Leader now provides mission updates in an area, instead of only to those who hit him during They Never Stop Coming.
The phone now displays the full conversation for English players during the mission Black Sun, Red Sand.
Dying to Carter’s Prom Night now provides a helpful reminder about the ward during Carter Unleashed.
The first pumpkin patch should no longer have invisible wisps during Jack’s Back.
The same Headlamp is now used for all missions requiring one.
Fixed a case where it was possible to become stuck after crashing out of the instance for End Game.
Fixed a case where it was possible to become stuck after crashing out of the instance for Total Eclipse.

DRESSING ROOM

A number of texture and seam issues with various pieces of clothing have been fixed.
A number of T-shirts that had their graphics being cut off have been fixed.
Fixed an issue where some versions of the Sick kicks sneakers were not visible in the Dressing Room.
Fixed an issue where some Cat ears headsets were not visible in the Dressing Room.
Fixed an issue where the Icy claws were not visible in the Dressing Room for players who transferred them from The Secret World.
Fixed an issue where some Military berets were not visible in the Dressing Room.
Fixed an issue where the Extra Life t-shirt was using the wrong mesh for male characters.
Extra Life t-shirt, blue should now have the correct thumbnail for each gender.
Secret Podcast t-shirt should now have the correct thumbnail for each gender.
Initiate Jacket, Dragon should now have the correct thumbnail for each gender.
The Army combat cap, filthy is now visible in the Dressing Room.
Fixed an issue where the Kimono, blue with grey was not working properly for Illuminati characters.
The Unity Core (Templar) outfit is now properly restricted to Templar characters.
Leather Wristwraps are now listed in the Hands category.
Tube bras are now visible in the Dressing Room.
Added Pinstripe suit pants and color variants to the dressing room.
Combat headset should now appear in the correct clothing category.
Lace cameo chokers should now appear in the correct clothing category for female Dragon characters.
Drop earrings should now appear in the correct clothing category for female Dragon characters.
Open leather jackets should now be viewable in the Dressing Room.
Fiery Nightmare mask should now be visible in the Dressing Room.
Unicorn’s Visage should now be visible in the Dressing Room.
Creepy Equine mask should now be visible in the Dressing Room.
Creepy Zebra mask should now be visible in the Dressing Room.
Machine Helmet should now be visible in the Dressing Room.
Surgical Gloves should now be visible in the Dressing Room.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So, it seems like we really aren't using secondary weapons for much other then filler? I'm using shotgun and hammer and it seems like I can just focus on shotgun once I got the ability that trades shells for energy. I've got raging shot and the passive for single target, both barrels for aoe, opening shot for a nice buff, and reconstituting shells and shell salvage for heals/utility. I'm like level 15 and don't really see myself using much else. I have no room for a hammer skill and I haven't even gotten a yellow ability yet. What should I be getting from now on?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

HotBobaloo posted:

So, it seems like we really aren't using secondary weapons for much other then filler? I'm using shotgun and hammer and it seems like I can just focus on shotgun once I got the ability that trades shells for energy. I've got raging shot and the passive for single target, both barrels for aoe, opening shot for a nice buff, and reconstituting shells and shell salvage for heals/utility. I'm like level 15 and don't really see myself using much else. I have no room for a hammer skill and I haven't even gotten a yellow ability yet. What should I be getting from now on?

p much. I've found myself going out of energy on the shotgun so it's nice to have one filler hammer ability and that's it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HotBobaloo posted:

You can use hammer as a sort of "execute" button. Most mobs die in 4 clicks for me.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Not entirely sure what Tabula Rasa is but you can buy "rooms" and there was just one player in a fursuit wandering about :cry:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Not entirely sure what Tabula Rasa is but you can buy "rooms" and there was just one player in a fursuit wandering about :cry:

The RP hotel. It used to have a shared chat channel.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's where you go to have RP sex. It's bad.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

don't doxx me

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

You do have to go there for the Hell and Bach quest for clues.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Please add "TheJezza" to the group and kick punch failure Brometheus out.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
jfc i forgot how bad Blue Mountain is

It's like the game knows I'm getting out the second I hit 25 and it's making every quest buggy and full of those filth mobs that pull you and those totem poles that stop you from sprinting.

**oh my loving god this bug existed in 2012

gently caress it, no, I'm leaving again

Cheston fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 1, 2017

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How do you change account type to Patron? Don't see an option on the account page

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Best way to do it is travel back in time and pay for lifetime. I suppose the lame way is click the symbol left of the daily login thing on your top bar.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 1, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

How do you change account type to Patron? Don't see an option on the account page

Gold hexagon in the upper left. You have to have made it to agartha first.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Morglon posted:

Best was to do it is travel back in time and pay for lifetime. I suppose the lame way is click the symbol left of the daily login thing on your top bar.

"best"

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well yeah classic was totally worth it even with some all its flaws and to this day I don't regret buying lifetime for that while on the other hand I doubt I would even touch legends without that carrying over.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm having way more fun with Chaos than with Fists. 

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I know Blood's gimmick is bad, but I tried out Rupture and the animation made me smile inside. No other weapon has done that for me yet.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I know it was said earlier in the thread that most of the dungeons are pretty soloable. Which ones aren't soloable when overleveled?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can't outlevel the last thee but I suspect you can solo them too when all your gear is mythic. So far increase in power has been insane from green to purple.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Cheston posted:

**oh my loving god this bug existed in 2012

gently caress it, no, I'm leaving again

Well they reverted back to the 2012 alternate combat system save file and called it a new game, so it makes sense.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Morglon posted:

You can't outlevel the last thee but I suspect you can solo them too when all your gear is mythic. So far increase in power has been insane from green to purple.

Considering I solo'd Polaris and ended up getting a case and a half of distillates for my trouble, mythic gear's going to be years in the coming.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

MonsieurChoc posted:

Good idea, but instead I made a Templar named TheJezza.

I don't think any secret society would accept Jeremy Clarkson.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bogart posted:

I don't think any secret society would accept Jeremy Clarkson.

Wrong Jezza. I'm speaking of the absolute boy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Not only is it pretty expensive but apparently their payment processor is super loving shady so even if I do end up buying some I won't before it's on Steam and I can use Steam wallet.

Yeah I was just planning on waiting for the steam release for much the same reason.

Never heard of that processor so I don't particularly feel like sharing my financial details just yet.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

M_Sinistrari posted:

You do have to go there for the Hell and Bach quest for clues.

Yep, just did that quest.

gently caress microtransactions, I'm wearing the reward from that for the rest of the game, I earned it :woop:

On a not entirely unrelated note, my gf is going to think I'm having a schizophrenic episode when she sees the notes all over my desk.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering I solo'd Polaris and ended up getting a case and a half of distillates for my trouble, mythic gear's going to be years in the coming.

Yeah I'm not arguing that, I'm in the purples myself and actual level increases for my gear come once in a blue loving moon but the difference is pretty substantial when it does. Usually it takes an expansion or two for that kind of power creep and it's kind of unprecedented for classic but it's not hard to figure out where this is heading.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

On a not entirely unrelated note, my gf is going to think I'm having a schizophrenic episode when she sees the notes all over my desk.

LOL. I had my fiance confuse my Secret World notebook with my class notes for the Viking Mythology and Medieval Science-Faith-Magic classes I was taking when he was helping me get ready when I was running late. In his defense, all he saw was a page of Latin and Futhark looking symbols and assumed it was my lecture notes.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Yeah, the demonic rune <-> latin alphabet conversion table is peak serial killer's notebook. :v:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Could someone kindly tell me the final full install size on disk? Trying to clear some space.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Kessel posted:

Could someone kindly tell me the final full install size on disk? Trying to clear some space.

Mine is sitting at 43.7 gigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Kessel posted:

My SWL folder weighs in at 43.9 GB.