Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Rid posted:

Any recommendations for 'informative' and completionist video LP's of Metroidvanias? Smite/Smight's LP of Environmental Station Alpha is a great example of the kind of thing I'm after.

This is a really good one of Salt and Sanctuary: Playlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I might be insane, but I could have sworn that, some time ago, there was a Goon LP, screenshot I believe, of Emperor of the Fading Suns.
I checked the LP Masterlist and found nothing.

Am I crazy, or does such a thing exist?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I might be insane, but I could have sworn that, some time ago, there was a Goon LP, screenshot I believe, of Emperor of the Fading Suns.
I checked the LP Masterlist and found nothing.

Am I crazy, or does such a thing exist?

I remember it as well and it is actually in the master list. It's not visible by default since its status is abandoned, and the screenshots were on long-dead waffleimages so it's pretty much unreadable.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Ah, that sucks. Thanks anyway. At least I know I didn't imagine the whole thing.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

can someone recommend me a good recent LP of a horror game? I'm in the mood for something spooky but I am a huge baby who needs other people to play them for me. Subtitles or chilled out commentary preferred!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Sociopastry posted:

can someone recommend me a good recent LP of a horror game? I'm in the mood for something spooky but I am a huge baby who needs other people to play them for me. Subtitles or chilled out commentary preferred!

Inside by Edmond. It's a good one.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

I'd really like an LP of Prey, if there is one. preferably with not a ton of screaming.

Sociopastry posted:

Did you find a good LP on your own? I'm guessing no from this post. I've been holding out for a good one of Prey as well.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Naw, haven't been able to find one yet. I found one where the guy wasn't screaming, but he also blew through the cutscenes and talked over them so I had no idea what was going on.

Also Inside was really good.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Does anybody know of any good educational LPs that analyze the game from a design/gamedev standpoint?

I can't link it now, but there is a Ratchet and Clank VLP done by two of the original gamedevs .

I've heard that programmers and voice actors stream their own games on twitch sometimes?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Don't watch Many A True Nerd's Prey playthrough. He spoils the game in the first five minutes.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

OFF.

We Know the Devil is a little less horror and more...personal horror, but it's really good.

Blackstone Chronicles isn't a screenshot LP but it is the scariest LP on the archive thanks to its highly disturbing subject matter.

Thanks for the cool suggestions. I hadn't seen any of these before! I started reading OFF, and it's definitely different. It starts off almost cute, but the creepiness has started to set in. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

green chicken feet posted:

Thanks for the cool suggestions. I hadn't seen any of these before! I started reading OFF, and it's definitely different. It starts off almost cute, but the creepiness has started to set in. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

You're welcome! If you aren't listening to the soundtrack yet, please do so! It makes the game a lot creepier better!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Billzasilver posted:

I can't link it now, but there is a Ratchet and Clank VLP done by two of the original gamedevs .

I've heard that programmers and voice actors stream their own games on twitch sometimes?

The big one that comes to mind immediately is Kyle McCarley's stream playthrough of NieR Automata. For those who don't know, he's 9S, one of the lead characters of that game. Phone posting, so I don't have a link on hand, but you should be able to google his Youtube channel easily enough.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Don't watch Many A True Nerd's Prey playthrough. He spoils the game in the first five minutes.

Good to know, thank you.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ChaosArgate posted:

The big one that comes to mind immediately is Kyle McCarley's stream playthrough of NieR Automata. For those who don't know, he's 9S, one of the lead characters of that game. Phone posting, so I don't have a link on hand, but you should be able to google his Youtube channel easily enough.

He's also done some streams of Fire Emblem: Echoes, a game in which he plays the main character Alm.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
what are good solo blind SA VLP's? maybe a relatively recent game but not required.

mostly curious how others fair with and format LP's like that

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Sundowner posted:

what are good solo blind SA VLP's? maybe a relatively recent game but not required.

The latter part sounds like more of a sandcastle thing. I can't think of any solo blind VLPs on the forums (And I'm sure nobody's done a fully blind one, there may be a few semi-blind LPs) but they ought to be played the same as a non-blind one, just with more bumbling. Perhaps SGFs various 'bumbling around' series such as RE7 and The Witness?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The latter part sounds like more of a sandcastle thing. I can't think of any solo blind VLPs on the forums (And I'm sure nobody's done a fully blind one, there may be a few semi-blind LPs) but they ought to be played the same as a non-blind one, just with more bumbling. Perhaps SGFs various 'bumbling around' series such as RE7 and The Witness?

There's dscruffy1's VLP of The Evil Within with DLC: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729340

It's fully blind and solo but not -super- bumbly. And it's a pretty good way to watch a game that's full of surprises and fakeouts and weird sudden shifts.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Sundowner posted:

You might want to check the casual LP thread, blind LPs are usually considered low-effort.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

are there any good Prey LPs out there?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Sundowner posted:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon by Your Evil Twin, it's blind but the videos are heavily edited, it's really good. Not recommended if you hate fun or the 80's.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Are there good lps of Heroes of Might and Magic/new King's Bounty onsite? I've only found the Heroes 1 and old KB ones on the archive and the Heroes 2 one but I remember seeing at least Heroes 5 and new King's Bounty on here at some point?

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 3, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
King's Bounty has an ongoing one.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

A Sometimes Food posted:

Are there good lps of Heroes of Might and Magic/new King's Bounty onsite? I've only found the Heroes 1 and old KB ones on the archive and the Heroes 2 one but I remember seeing at least Heroes 5 and new King's Bounty on here at some point?

There's an ongoing LP of King's Bounty: The Legend.

e:f;b

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

King's Bounty has an ongoing one.

Thanks a ton. Think this is the King's Bounty one I remembered, must have had a typo I didn't notice when I searched. Now I just gotta find the other Heroes ones.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Any recommendations for the Sherlock Holmes games that came before Crimes and Punishments? From what I've seen they are very much not worth playing so LP would be the preferable medium. Don't mind bumbling, do mind facecams and screaming.
e: Would prefer video.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 3, 2017

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have a recommended LP for Syndicate 1993 and/or Syndicate Wars?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I need a real aurora fix. The two on sa aren't enough. Are there any good ones elsewhere?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
What is a good Digimon World video lets play that isnt the Run Button one?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

is there a Little Nightmares LP? I tried playing it myself but I am a HUGE WEENIE and can't handle scary games.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sociopastry posted:

is there a Little Nightmares LP? I tried playing it myself but I am a HUGE WEENIE and can't handle scary games.
I'm pretty sure HarshlyCritical did an alright LP of it, though I think it might be worth waiting since they're also releasing story DLC that seems to double the length of the game or something.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Sociopastry posted:

Voidburger streamed it recently, it was quite good, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzFwm0D21w

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I want to watch a low-res monochrome screen while people talk about the game. Are there any particularly good and interesting original gameboy vlps, not of puzzle games?

I know the 25 years of Final Fantasy thread has a couple of GB LPs that are both interesting and good to fall asleep to, and I've seen a decent Metroid II, but does anything else stand out as cool?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I want to watch a low-res monochrome screen while people talk about the game. Are there any particularly good and interesting original gameboy vlps, not of puzzle games?

I know the 25 years of Final Fantasy thread has a couple of GB LPs that are both interesting and good to fall asleep to, and I've seen a decent Metroid II, but does anything else stand out as cool?

Simply Simon's Megaman LPs are really good! He knows the games well and talks about their design and evolution throughout the series. The ones with Roman numerals and Wily's Revenge are the GB games.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening is pretty great.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Seconded. It is quite possible my #1 favorite VLP ever.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Can anyone recommend an LP of The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard? I've been curious about it for a while.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any LP where they're both extremely funny, and read the words on the screen so I don't have to look away from Job applications

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Turtlicious posted:

Any LP where they're both extremely funny, and read the words on the screen so I don't have to look away from Job applications

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_sYhAj0WXRM2_xfO1O6P040gwIwlhqcP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Chugga is not funny at all most of the time and is in fact a little infuriating, but his sheer amount of enthusiasm is endearing as heck. His Xenoblade LP might be his best.