Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Bernie Sanders co-sponsored a bill to make selling fake Vermont Maple Syrup a felony on par with bank fraud. Looks like Big Syrup knows how to buy a Senator...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

“There is no way you could pass single payer in any intermediate future,” Gephardt declared. America, he added, has the “greatest health care system in the world, bar none.” And while single payer would provide universal coverage, there would be less quality and innovation without the “involvement of the private sector.”

Haley Barbour, the former Republican National Committee chair, another speaker at the event, chimed in to agree. “Hear, hear. Put me down as agreeing with Leader Gephardt as usual,” Barbour chuckled.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Holy poo poo that whole thing reads like an Onion article

quote:

Gephardt, who serves as a Democratic “superdelegate” responsible for choosing the party’s presidential nominee, was asked about the possibility of single payer at the Centene Corporation annual investor day conference at The Pierre, a ritzy five-star hotel in New York City.

quote:

“There is no way you could pass single payer in any intermediate future,” Gephardt declared. America, he added, has the “greatest health care system in the world, bar none.” And while single payer would provide universal coverage, there would be less quality and innovation without the “involvement of the private sector.”

quote:

Haley Barbour, the former Republican National Committee chair, another speaker at the event, chimed in to agree. “Hear, hear. Put me down as agreeing with Leader Gephardt as usual,” Barbour chuckled.

Also...

quote:

Gephardt, notably, became a corporate lobbyist after serving as a populist Democratic lawmaker from Missouri. His clients have included Peabody Coal and Goldman Sachs, among others. He also serves on the board of Centene, receiving annual compensation of around $315,965 in cash and stock awards.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the democrats ain't gonna change
everyone join the DSA

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

Bernie Sanders co-sponsored a bill to make selling fake Vermont Maple Syrup a felony on par with bank fraud. Looks like Big Syrup knows how to buy a Senator...

he's called maple grandpa for a reason, and if you try to devalue his hoard he'll throw you in prison

where'd the money for the beachhouse come from? bernie's maple syrup monopolies

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Regional classification stuff is good poo poo and I give props to Comandante Sanders for enforcing it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm watching the PBS documentary on the Bundies and I'm...simpifying with them...

Is there any information I'm missing? What's the jist of this whole thing l?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm watching the PBS documentary on the Bundies and I'm...simpifying with them...

Is there any information I'm missing? What's the jist of this whole thing l?

did it explain how it all started over the bundys refusing to pay the bureau of land management fees for letting feral and diseased cattle run wild

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
also how if their melanin count was a bit higher they would've all been shot?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

or how two bundy supporters murdered some cops and then was never mentioned again in any coverage of the bundys

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our federal government is a big dumb behemoth that needs to be reigned in certain sectors, at the same time, Bundies are AnCap type morons who want all the public land for themselves.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

god gently caress the bundys

may they rot in the same hell they've subjected their livestock to

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's amazing that a group of white men can go take over a federal building, steal federal equipment and money, and get away nearly scot-free, while a black man can't pick up a toy gun in walmart without being gunned down by cops

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

UHD posted:

god gently caress the bundys

may they rot in the same hell they've subjected their livestock to

tbh describing the cattle as theirs is a bit of a stretch. as far as anyone could tell Bundy was basically hunting feral cattle as no one knew who actual,y owned them after bundy released his in the 90s

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

it's amazing that a group of white men can go take over a federal building, steal federal equipment and money, and get away nearly scot-free, while a black man can't pick up a toy gun in walmart without being gunned down by cops

For some reason cops don't feel threatened by groups of armed white men? :thunk:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbh describing the cattle as theirs is a bit of a stretch. as far as anyone could tell Bundy was basically hunting feral cattle as no one knew who actual,y owned them after bundy released his in the 90s

fair enough I guess

they can still go to hell though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/881218108190490624

:barry: :obama:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

whoa, careful not to cut the alt-right too deep with that butter knife obama

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
thanks, Obama

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Lol remember when dirty Trump told filthy proles he would bring back jobs. :jerkbag:

I remember when he told that extremely transparent lie, yes.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

did it explain how it all started over the bundys refusing to pay the bureau of land management fees for letting feral and diseased cattle run wild

No. It said that it started over Bundy refusing to sell his ranch to the federal government.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Jul 1, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so if the bundys are just "hunting feral cattle" that they don't know who they belong to, the bundys certainly wouldn't be upset if people went and hunted these feral cattle right?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh i bet it was a hoot and a holler roaming the back country in trucks and ATVs annihilating cattle that have had a few years to adjust to life in the wild

i bet the meat was terrible, but it's not like they were killing the beasts for their own dinner

e: there's cool stories about them road-blocking land management ATVs with their vehicles, shooting off guns in the night after visiting land management ranger camps etc.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

False maple syrup is an abomination and should be rightly named as such.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie hates capitalism and yet he participates in capitalism :smug:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

Bernie hates capitalism and yet he participates in capitalism :smug:

Bernie is against corporations releasing carbon dioxide, and yet he himself releases carbon dioxide??

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

*Hand hovers over the "ban" button, hesitates.*

Frijolero posted:

Regional classification stuff is good poo poo and I give props to Comandante Sanders for enforcing it.

I'm still upset that the state decided to change its grading system to more closely match that used for syrup from Canada and other, lesser statesit was hard enough to get Grade B as it was you assholes :mad:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

it was hard enough to get Grade B as it was you assholes :mad:

grade b...grade b....

grade bernie???

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

here it comes, they think bernie is running and they're building up cases against him. this is the exact thing they did to hillary since the 90s.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jazerus posted:

grade b...grade b....

grade bernie???

Quiet you fool, you'll tip off those bastards in New Hampshire!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

how can you tell a jug or whatever of maple syrup is real

i'm not from vermont or canada so I don't have maple instincts

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm still upset that the state decided to change its grading system to more closely match that used for syrup from Canada and other, lesser statesit was hard enough to get Grade B as it was you assholes :mad:

yeah this really pisses me off. grade b owns and now its impossible to differentiate the quality of maple syrup now!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

here it comes, they think bernie is running and they're building up cases against him. this is the exact thing they did to hillary since the 90s.

bernie will be our heroic martyr, taking in all these attacks only at the last moment opening the gate to reveal:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

bernie will be our heroic martyr, taking in all these attacks only at the last moment opening the gate to reveal:

this honestly seems like the wisest choice, he should be eying a protege and tank a large amount of scandal. its what the centrist democrats SHOULD be doing like, throw booker to the wind (and give him huge piles of cash for doing so) and then put all the chips on harris behind the scenes or something. there's a big reason obama won and hillary lost, obama was a nobody the republicans had no case against. hillary had been running for president for 2 decades and why bernie was a better bet than her for the GE.

it sucks that the republican machine works that way, but thats what they do. i expect bernie to be dragged through the mud for the next 3 years. they might unearth a few legitimate things, but 95% of it is going to be bs like it was with hillary.

anime was right has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Jul 1, 2017

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sir, who is your Reagan squad commander?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big dick Bernie once hugged a tree so drat hard it loving came and invented maple syrup 2020

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

and what's sad is that there are no shortage of democrats who are eating this poo poo up.

pretend i made a witty allusion somewhere along the lines about baddems being republicans here. gently caress it, i'm off the clock today.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

UHD posted:

how can you tell a jug or whatever of maple syrup is real

i'm not from vermont or canada so I don't have maple instincts

If by "real" you just mean "is actual maple syrup and not flavored corn syrup garbage for fuckos," then just checking the labeling is usually enough. If it says "maple" rather than "maple-flavored," you've usually got at least baseline authentic stuff.

Beyond that, we Vermonters just get a feel for it from walking the Green Mountains, absorbing the knowledge of the land, and being unhelpful to flatlanders.

anime was right posted:

yeah this really pisses me off. grade b owns and now its impossible to differentiate the quality of maple syrup now!!!

I've got several connections back home, my main one in the NEK and another over near Cambridge, so I can usually get the good stuff but drat if it isn't hard to find otherwise.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie is definitely gonna run in 2020 if there's no viable leftie.

Bernie_running_through_building_lobby.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

If by "real" you just mean "is actual maple syrup and not flavored corn syrup garbage for fuckos," then just checking the labeling is usually enough. If it says "maple" rather than "maple-flavored," you've usually got at least baseline authentic stuff.

Beyond that, we Vermonters just get a feel for it from walking the Green Mountains, absorbing the knowledge of the land, and being unhelpful to flatlanders.

I vaguely remember being told that labels lie so I get confused sometimes but you're a proper vermonter so I'll take your word for it

gonna make some delicious af maple cookies this weekend

• Locked thread