Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'd say Cleveland, Boston, and Washington are the top 3 with Miami next if they get Hayward and re-sign Kobe Wade. Then Milwaukee and Charlotte. After that, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Seems kind of risky for J.J. Redick, who's played next to Chris Paul for the past several seasons, to go to a very young team with a rookie point guard for a one-year deal at age 33

Hope it works out though

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Warriors to offer Iggy something in the range of 3 years 40 million supposedly

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/01/warriors-to-meet-with-andre-iguodala-offer-him-a-three-year-deal/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
1 year 23 million is a ton of loving money. And unless he gets hurt he'll get another contract next year.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
On the other hand Redick's usage and counting stats should go up this year, which will help convince some team to sign him to that big 3-4yr contract to end his career

Not to mention $23M is probably the most he'd earn in 17-18 under any deal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

G-Hawk posted:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/01/warriors-to-meet-with-andre-iguodala-offer-him-a-three-year-deal/

Yeah figured it was probably too good happen

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

Yeah figured it was probably too good happen

if nothing else forcing the warriors to spend as much as possible is cool and good.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

Way lower salary then what was being thrown out there, but the 3rd year is surprising

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Durant is taking the 1+1 deal @ a 7 mil discount or so, then. Next year he'll opt out and resign with early bird rights for a full Max.

Golden State will be paying heavy tax.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

xbilkis posted:

Seems kind of risky for J.J. Redick, who's played next to Chris Paul for the past several seasons, to go to a very young team with a rookie point guard for a one-year deal at age 33

Hope it works out though

Doesn't seem risky at all to take $23m for one year of work on a team that desperately needs your exact skill set in their line up.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/tylerdbrooke/status/880978935483445248

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His first pro colangelo comment ever

Big time

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Also if the Sixers do well, JJ can add "veteran leadership" to his résumé.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Keeping iggy is something the warriors need to do but they have to be worried that iggy is going to lose his bounce like he did at the beginning of this past season right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grizzlies signed Wayne Selden. Well that's a thing.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Metapod posted:

Keeping iggy is something the warriors need to do but they have to be worried that iggy is going to lose his bounce like he did at the beginning of this past season right?

Doesn't matter, all we need is Playoff Iggy

e: also, HAHA NO GOOD CLIPPERS

E2: https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/881260242012520449

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 1, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

pubic works project posted:

Grizzlies signed Wayne Selden. Well that's a thing.

Super duper

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

TRICKED YOU OKC!

https://twitter.com/reggieinstinct/status/881255462439661568

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
After banking 23 mil, Redick can do whatever the hell he wants for the next 3 or 4 years until he's toast--chase a ring on the vet min, join a playoff team for MLE, ride a jet ski around in Miami

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh I didn't know Oladipo liked to use photoshop

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
He probably just is eating right and working out again.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Lockback posted:

Durant is taking the 1+1 deal @ a 7 mil discount or so, then. Next year he'll opt out and resign with early bird rights for a full Max.

Golden State will be paying heavy tax.

I can't wait until Lacob is out there telling everyone how light-years ahead it is to be paying $100M in luxury tax.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why is there a stick or line on the May 2017 photo?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Doesn't matter, all we need is Playoff Iggy

You do realize that requires him to have his legs under him right

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Looks like some kind of string with a weight on the end

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs Orlando summer league team has a guy named Cat Barber on it. I want him on the real team based on name alone.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

E2M2 posted:

He probably just is eating right and working out again.

Yeah, its hard to get the time in for the kind of workouts that make you look chiseled since during the season, most of the workout time is going to be skill and strategy focuses. I'm not one of those guys saying they don't lift or whatever, but that lifting is less important during the season than other things and gets lower priority.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's loving hilarious that a dude who makes 20+ million a year still goes to a huckster trainer that feels the need to post staged before/after pics like it was Jenny Craig or some poo poo. lmao. You can't buy your way to being good with money I guess

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Metapod posted:

You do realize that requires him to have his legs under him right

Yes, what's your point? Iggy was in great shape and played well in the playoffs, especially the finals. He's going to be a year older but I doubt he's falling off a cliff next year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/joelembiid/status/881248082800902145

Lmaho

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Intruder posted:

Looks like some kind of string with a weight on the end

Iirc the original had something about how he was assymetric and not working out his non dominant side correctly. Something like that (bullshit probably)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fultz and reddick is a mega backcourt upgrade. I'm impressed .

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The BC Special

Dude will have the green light to gun so he can pad stats and get paid next year too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Iirc the original had something about how he was assymetric and not working out his non dominant side correctly. Something like that (bullshit probably)

The lighting alone can account for that lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Intruder posted:

The lighting alone can account for that lol

Yeah and as Evan pointed out when it was first posted they use every trick in the book, no matter how obvious, to distinguish the two photos.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Its called a plumb bob and a plumb line and its used to show a straight line from above in construction. Wtf that has to do with his photoshoot???

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I love this because of how Dwight apparently forgot LeBron exists

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

this is actually a pretty common thing in weightlifting

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881270395969699844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bojan + 2Bog2Dan
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/881268655178346496

• Locked thread