Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Joementum posted:

pitting groups against each other is twentieth century politics. universalism or gtfo.

Treating everyone as equals won't solve racism though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Joy Ann Reid wants to balkanize the US and turn it into a landmass of city-states? :getin: she's finally radicalizing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Luke Savage is the good one, right?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

posting this in here because lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/881228434642542593

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's like a white lady version of:

Stan: So, you like paddleboats?

Bret: drat right. I think it’s ’cause they remind me of a simpler, better time when white males had all the power, instead of just most of it.

Stan: I know, I hate how we now only have most of the power. The problem is the liberals’ generous social programs.

Bret: Exactly, they turned us into a nation of wimpy-

Stan: Flag-burning-

Together: Foreigner lovers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbJqumRiygQ

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Jul 2, 2017

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Is he gonna try and make himself king lol

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/881316873685618690

Emmanuel Macron: Speaks French, born in France, lived entire life in France, is President of France.

Eve Peyser: Went to Oberlin, where she presumably watched at least one english-language adaptation of Les Mis

Not sure which of these two has a better grasp on French history and political culture.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
fun fact: Macron is a Prince right now

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Emmanuel Macron: Speaks French, born in France, lived entire life in France, is President of France.

Eve Peyser: Went to Oberlin, where she presumably watched at least one english-language adaptation of Les Mis

Not sure which of these two has a better grasp on French history and political culture.

ya clearly the natural state of the frenchman is serfdom

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

but what about the redneck revolt, a totally real movement that twitter tells me is not just a few dozen cosplaying suburbanites?

Well I'm a real redneck and a leftist Democrat, so gently caress you.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Treating everyone as equals won't solve racism though.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

so your argument is that it's good macron is feudalist scum cause maybe french people like that (they don't)? as if feudalism itself weren't evil and hosed up?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

fun fact: Macron is a Prince right now

*co-prince

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

so your argument is that it's good macron is feudalist scum cause maybe french people like that (they don't)? as if feudalism itself weren't evil?

loving shocking that macron endorsed feudalism in that interview clip you definitely read, guy who totally knows what feudalism is

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

so instead of electing a fascist, the French people abstained and got a... monarchist

:suicide:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: at arguing France didn't really want to kill their king when they literally dragged him out into the streets and chopped his head off.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A cool thing is that there are two or three claimants to the French throne. Macron should indicate which he thinks is legitimate as that certainly won't cause any problems.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

loving shocking that macron endorsed feudalism in that interview clip you definitely read, guy who totally knows what feudalism is

nice hairsplitting.do you actually think it's a good idea for france to have a new king? is that what radical centrism is, wanting to re-establish the aristocracy?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

radical centrism is, wanting to re-establish maintain the aristocracy?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Condiv posted:

nice hairsplitting.do you actually think it's a good idea for france to have a new king? is that what radical centrism is, wanting to re-establish the aristocracy?

why are you taking this seriously

its some schmuck saying funny things about a dead king

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: at arguing France didn't really want to kill their king when they literally dragged him out into the streets and chopped his head off.

At any given point in Revolutionary France there was a sizable monarchist minority who wanted the Republic cast down and the/a king back on the throne. Not that that statement isn't dumb as hell, of course.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Condiv posted:

as long as women, gays, and people of color can claim hereditary nobility

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Squizzle posted:

why are you taking this seriously

its some schmuck saying funny things about a dead king

cause this schmuck is the president where i live?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Subjunctivitis posted:

as long as women, gays, and people of color can claim hereditary nobility

viscountess gloria anzaldúa

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Condiv posted:

lmebo awesome

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

I WILL TOTALLY TRADE YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
David Mitchell 2020

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

So candidates get donations and the DNC doesn't and Bernie sticks around? Sounds like a win-win to me!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

docbeard posted:

I WILL TOTALLY TRADE YOU

yeah no, i'm happy we didn't get a fascist like le pen, or that I don't have to live in trumpland, but wow macron is turning out to be way way worse than just status quo going by his rhetoric alone.

oh yeah and he invited trump to hang out with him in paris for some loving reason

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

macron doesn't want france to have a new king dumbass

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Macro would probably call him a CEO.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

macron doesn't want france to have a new king dumbass

he says there's a king shaped void in the country's governance. he also says that the french really didn't want to guillotine the gently caress out of the aristocracy in the first place. sounds to me that yes he is in fact advocating for a king or something similar.

Rand alPaul posted:

Condiv has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Jul 2, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm more of a micro Marco myself

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh Snapple! posted:

not seeing a downside here, honestly.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

he says there's a king shaped void in the country's government. he also says that the french really didn't want to guillotine the gently caress out of the aristocracy in the first place. sounds to me that yes he is in fact advocating for a king or something similar.

you're also the guy who thought LePen was going to be president lol

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
https://twitter.com/RoseAnnDeMoro/status/880950346872348673

RoseAnn DeMoro twitter OP

nerf plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

A cool thing is that there are two or three claimants to the French throne. Macron should indicate which he thinks is legitimate as that certainly won't cause any problems.

god I hope he picks the bonapartist claimant

• Locked thread