Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Girlfriend [19] of two years stabbed me [M22] twice (by accident) six months ago, and now she wants to have (really rough) sex constantly now. I'm worried about her.

quote:

I wasn't sure how to phrase the title. It's not probably what you think. She's at fault in no way! Plus a throwaway because I'm pretty sure her cousins are on Reddit.

My girlfriend is a sweet girl. However, she used to be in an abusive relationship. The guy was pretty lovely and had a felony record that he blamed on his financial origins. I don't tolerate the excuse much because I'm from a pretty bad/poor part of my home city, and I'm not out getting arrested constantly.

Six months ago, he came to her house with threats of killing her. She called the police and then me. Fortunately, I was only about 5 minutes from her house, and I ended up beating the police there. I arrived as I saw him busting through the window of the door to unlock it and run inside.

Well, I chased him down because I feared how long it would take the officers to arrive. Long story short, I encountered him inside of the house, and I won the fight. Knocked him out cold, and he got arrested later that night.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend was still in a state of hysteria. I announced myself carefully to her, but when I opened the door to her room, she still fell out and stabbed me twice, screaming that I wouldn't be able to kill her. She stabbed me twice in the chest with a pretty small knife, and I (to my shame) ended up punching her and knocking her out due to reflex. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I panicked. I've apologized since then to her and her family for that.

This is where things get kind of bad. I recovered well, and didn't have too many complications. This isn't even the first time I've been stabbed (once in the leg when I was 14). But my girlfriend is still under the assumption that she's Satan for what she did. I keep telling her that it's fine, and that she had every right to lash out in fear. I know what it's like to be backed into a corner and not think right, too.

To make it worse, she's been craving sex with me like there's no tomorrow. Yeah, it was great at first, but I caught on that something's a little off. She had an overall low sex drive prior to the stabbing. She always liked it very gentle, lots of cuddling, and kisses, and with lots of foreplay. No problem, she's my little princess after all, and I love her to pieces.

But now... she wants me to be INCREDIBLY rough with her. She'll beg me to hit her across the face and moan in my ear things like, "I deserve to be dead for what I did to you. Please make me hurt." She constantly wants me to bruise her and abuse her. I really am just... not into that. And I KNOW that she isn't either. I just know it. So, I've sort of just stopped having sex with her, and it's making her paranoid.

Every time I try to sit down with her and talk about it, she starts to hyperventilate and cry about how she'll be "kinkier" for me and be "whatever girl I want her to be." So, now I've gone the route of enrolling her in therapy. I'm not sure how well it will work, but I talked to her parents as well, and asked them to keep an eye on her.

I just really need to know if there's anything else that can be done to help her get back to normal. Breaking up isn't really an option, either. I love her, and already have the ring, but have just been waiting. And I'm assuming that I wouldn't want to propose in her current mental state.

tl;dr: Girlfriend's mind has had a few wires come loose in the bedroom since she accidentally hurt me. It's not her fault, and she's going to counseling, but I want to know how to help her get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

Girlfriend [19] of two years stabbed me [M22] twice (by accident) six months ago, and now she wants to have (really rough) sex constantly now. I'm worried about her.
:therapy:

Oh, wait, she already is. Well, keep at it then. :smith:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

La Brea Carpet posted:

:sever: heh

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me [20 M] diagnosed with brain cancer, my [19 F] girlfriend of 2 years breaks up with me

quote:

Me and my girlfriend met a couple years ago and started dating and were together for 2 years. We had no major issues in our relationship, we barely fought, and when we did it was over something stupid that we eventually got over, other than that we had no problems. One thing that I always tried to get her to work on was to talk to me more about how she feels, she would always say that even around her family and close friends, she has a hard time opening up. We were happy together, and we loved each other so much. She constantly told me she could not see herself with anyone else and stuff like that.

Fast forward to 3 months ago, I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I live close to UCLA and spend a lot of time there to see doctors and whatnot. One night as I was sitting in the ER, she broke up with me over text. She said she couldn't do this anymore, she said she wants to be there for me but doesn't know how. It was completely out of the blue. We have met up and talked about 5 times since she broke up with me, but it all has the same end result: she can't be in a relationship, but she still loves me and cares about me, she still feels the same way about me. The worst part is that she tells me "I still see myself with you in the future, but I just can't be in a relationship right now". She knows how hard this is for me and apologizes all the time, but she has not once just asked me how I am doing. It would be different if she just said she didn't want to date anymore, and that things were over for good... but sadly, she drags it on. She broke up with me, but a couple times we hung out after we broke up, it was like we were still together. She still talked to me like we were dating, still tells me she loves me, and all of that stuff... I love her so much, and it sucks that she can't even be by my side or give me a grain of support, I truly do not understand. She has said she doesn't want to be with anyone else, she doesn't want to date other people, etc. She says she doesn't know how to handle this situation, she feels so bad, but she just doesn't know what to do. Now recently, she has been completely ignoring me. I have had to undergo radiation therapy, and during that, she was completely ignoring me. I wasn't blowing her up with calls and texts, I try to just text her a couple times a week if I am doing some sort of treatment to keep her updated, but even then, she ignores me...

I know I should move on... I know the stress of this situation makes my condition worse, but I am worried that it is only going to get worse as time goes on, all I can do is wonder what she is thinking, since she can't tell me.

I am guessing all I can do is move on, or wait for her to talk to me, but I would appreciate any advice. It's hard to move on when dealing with something like brain cancer... And its hard to move on when the person breaking up with you gives you hope that they'll come back.

tl;dr: Diagnosed with brain cancer, girlfriend breaks up with me and won't talk to me.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Me [19 M] with my [18 F] 2 years, GF prays to me and worships me like a god. What do do?

quote:

ncredible girlfriend, nobody in the world like her, would always spend time with her, but there are times where i am forced to go, she almost always gets Anxiety attacks and cries uncontrollably, she's always thinking about me and she is my life.

Whenever we cannot be together she tells me she prays to me and worships me like a god, hold covers and cries herself to sleep, wakes up and repeats, loses her poo poo when I see her again. on average spend 90% of my waking moments with her and she once had to leave with her family, called saying she wanted to suicide together etc etc... (I will have huntington's disease)

I feel so bad for leaving her, I really don't feel bothered, hard to believe, but I am extremely worried for her, she literally can't control herself without me, not going to leave her but I want to make sure she is okay... Please help...

tl;dr: GF extremely obsessed with me and I am worried about her

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Uh

Fix your brain cancer then go get someone else?

One of the easier problems there tbqh

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

Sounds like she's doing fairly well (no joke), considering that she was heavily traumatized and broken by her abusive ex. But it's a long road of :therapy: for her situation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Please tell me none of the advice on girlfriend stabby is just "embrace her new kink you vanulla square."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Please tell me none of the advice on girlfriend stabby is just "embrace her new kink you vanulla square."

It's Reddit. What does your heart tell you.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Shockingly, they're all on the 'therapy is good, she has issues to unpack' train. Not even a lone 'stop kinkshaming' shitpost near the bottom.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

flosofl posted:

It's Reddit. What does your heart tell you.

That he is being told her obvious trauma response is just a normal rear end kink he should embrace and also he should open the relationship.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [31m] wife [29f] is pregnant with twins. We already have 3 small children, and I don't think she can handle any more. How to talk to her about this?

quote:

We have 3 children, 2 yr old triplets. They are the light of our lives and I love them very much, wouldn't have it any other way. There are days where we just want to leave for a few hours or even a day to get a break, but my wife is very picky about leaving the children with others (she likes taking care of the babies her way and doesn't really trust the ways of other people). She's a stay at home mom so she spends a lot of time around the children, and by the end of the day she's exhausted. When I get home it's normally late so I bathe them, read to them, and put them to sleep. I'm looking at some options that we can agree on that'll lessen her load.

On to the main problem, we have briefly talked about adding another member to the family when the kids get older (about when they're 5), but she had agreed that right now having another baby would be too much. Few weeks ago we found out she is pregnant with twins. When we found out she confessed that she felt happy, because she had wanted another baby despite the talk we had. But twins. I'm going to be honest and say I did not feel the least bit excited. We'll have 5 small children, and with three 2 year olds my wife is already on the verge of having a mental breakdown by the end of the day.

I am not trying to upset her but I wish she would listen to me about finding her some additional help, because with me working nearly all day she is not going to be able to handle 5 kids on her own. Dealing with three is already a struggle for her, let alone caring for two babies and the toddlers all together. She truly thinks she'll be fine, that everything will be okay, but I'm really worried about her. As she gets father into her pregnancy, chasing after and caring for 3 toddlers all day is going to take a toll on her. Not to mention when the babies get here. I just really need some advice, how can I talk to her about all this...about getting help, our kids, and most importantly that she DESERVES to take a break??

tl;dr: Wife is pregnant with twins and we have 2 year old trips. She's already stressed and drained dealing with the toddlers and thinks she's going to be able to handle everything on her own. I want to help but she's not really listening, how can I talk to her?
Be on the look out for a murder-suicide in about 9 months.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol. How loving dumb do you have to be to have 3 kids and sign on for more.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol 5 kids under 3, good luck to that idiot

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Haifisch posted:

My [31m] wife [29f] is pregnant with twins. We already have 3 small children, and I don't think she can handle any more. How to talk to her about this?

:doink:

But serious "I'm the only one I can trust to take care of my babies" is a huge red flag for post partum issues.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

Lmao. Why didn't dude's wife get an IUD or any other long-term birth control method (or OP himself get a vasectomy lol) like as soon as physiologically possible after having triplets? Oh my loving god. :downsowned:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 2, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Just lol if you don't get a vasectomy after triplets.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Breeders. Ugh.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

:doink:

But serious "I'm the only one I can trust to take care of my babies" is a huge red flag for post partum issues.

My friend's wife had a psychotic break from Post Partum, she had to be hospitalized and is not allowed to be alone with the child.

Of course with today's social media she was fuckin' facebook livestreaming her conspiracy theories about being gang-stalked.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Thanks, comments section:

quote:

[–]RedShirtDecoy [score hidden] an hour ago

Even my Sims with the Fertility trait don't have multiples like that. :O

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
me [19 F] with my parents [50F 55M] this summer, threatening a drug test under unreasonable circumstancesNon-Romantic

quote:

hi everyone. thanks in advance for your help; i'm really stressing out.

my parents are very opposed to drug use and alcohol consumption. they do not drink (though my mom was an alcoholic in graduate school, apparently) and neither of them have ever smoked weed.

i, on the other hand, experimented a bit in college this year (smoked 10 ish times, drank 6 times, dropped acid once). i've also been hooking up with a few guys and casual sex is something of which my family does not approve. anyway, my parents found out from my sister in may and threatened to pull me out of school.

i attend a top 10 private university, maintain a 4.0 gpa, and have already been told by my professors that i am on track to attend a top 5 phd program in my humanities field. not only that but by the end of freshman year i was already elected president of a prominent organization and selected to be a student advisor for next year's freshman. so after my parents threatened to pull me out of school, i pulled myself together instead. they are paying for college, so i might as well play by their rules.

that being said, they have always been pretty abusive (dad used to hit me, mom and dad both called me a lot of slurs, my high school wanted to call protective services a few times... really more stories than i can fit in a parenthetical) so it's not safe for me to live at home anymore. arguably it never really was.

i moved out this summer and have been staying in my university's city. i'm 100% financially independent from my parents thanks to 40 hours of work a week. but this weekend, i am staying at home to see some high school friends... admittedly, i was considering smoking with one of them. but my parents just announced that i can't see anyone, do anything, or even come home again unless i consent to regular summer drug testing.

lol? what? are they allowed to randomly drug test me? i don't even live here anymore? they don't trust me to take care of myself even though i literally attend an ivy league school (all they ever wanted from me) and have lost 20 pounds in the past three months (my mom used to call me fat and recommend restrictive eating) and work full time (my parents used to scold me for being unemployable)? how do i proceed?

i like, really want to, uh, hit this "top humanities" person who types like this?

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

they are paying for college, so i might as well play by their rules.

quote:

i'm 100% financially independent from my parents

:thunk:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
She's a dumb naive arrogant teenager who thinks she owns the world at age 19 and I hate how she writes, but her parents are also insane as hell narcissists so she has every right to tell them to pound sand when she's excelling in her life but oh no she has premarital sex and smokes that evil marijuana drug.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

maskenfreiheit posted:

me [19 F] with my parents [50F 55M] this summer, threatening a drug test under unreasonable circumstancesNon-Romantic

i like, really want to, uh, hit this "top humanities" person who types like this?

Based on the controlling parenting and the "all they cared about was if I got into an Ivy" I would bet a not-insignificant sum that her folks are Asian. /r/AsianParentStories is a wellspring of anecdotes like these.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I [30/M] think my neighbors daughter [16-24?] might have a crush on me.

quote:

So I'm recently divorced a little over a year ago. I moved into a new house and have just been getting my life in order after my divorce. My neighbor on the other side of the street from me has a daughter, and I have no idea how old she is, but I'm thinking anywhere from 16 to 24. She came around during Halloween with her little brother trick or treating, and she was pretty dressed up, but kinda sexy like (Harley Quinn). I see her with a backpack sometimes but she doesn't get on a school bus. And once I bumped into her at the liquor store where she was buying coolers (drinking age here is 19), but she was with her mom. She looks mid 20s sometimes but also like she's 16 at other times. She also acts both like a teenager and a 20something year old at different times.

Over the last year or so since I've moved in she's been friendly, saying hi when she sees me getting into my car, and making small talk when we run into each other in random places, which happens on a semi regular basis as we live in a pretty small town. But lately she's been hanging around me a lot more when I'm outside. I'm a pretty handy guy so I do a lot of random little projects around my house, and with summer here now I'm outside a decent amount doing things. She's been coming over every day for the past few weeks, she never stays for long, usually just says hi and asks about my day. I'm pretty dense but I feel like she's been getting flirty lately, she usually comes over with a pretty low cut shirt (which she changes into for her visit with me), laughs at my stupid jokes, she's touched my arm and back a few times... definite flirting.

I've been celibate for over a year now, and I like her as a person and she's cute as all hell. So I'd love for this to go somewhere if she was old enough, but I'm not interested in a child. How should I broach the subject of her age without running the risk of upsetting her or turning her off if she is an appropriate age?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [25F] boyfriend [24M] of nine months hurt me badly enough that I had to go to the hospital. It was an accident and he feels terrible, but I'm having trouble letting go of the anger

quote:

My boyfriend, Shawn, and I have a really good relationship, but one thing that annoys me sometimes is that he always feels he has to be helpful, even when it's not needed.

A couple of weeks ago, we were in my apartment, and I was cooking. My kitchen is really small, so there is not much room to move around when two people are in it. He was trying to help with dinner, and I had told him to stop because he was distracting me from the food and getting in the way, like reaching across me when I was chopping things. I opened the door of the oven after the food finished cooking, and then went to get my oven mitts to take it out. He got the mitts and said he'd take the food out, and tried to walk around me, bumped into me, and I lost my footing, and my arm landed on the oven door. The pain was horrible, and we ended up going to the ER because we weren't sure how bad it was. Fortunately, it was only a second degree burn, and it is healing fine. Shawn was freaking out and crying and apologizing for what he did, and he paid for my treatment, but I can't stop feeling angry at him. I wouldn't be as upset if it had been something totally unavoidable, like if he fell and then knocked me over, but I had warned him to stop messing around in the kitchen, and he didn't listen.

This also isn't the first time this has happened. One time we were helping a friend move, and I picked up a box. Shawn said he could take it, but I said I was fine to carry it. Shawn tried to take it from me anyway, and the box scratched my arm. I got over it because he apologized and it was just a scratch, but now this is the second time this has happened because Shawn didn't follow directions.

I know it was an accident, and I'm hoping this was enough of a shock to him that he learned his lesson. But how do I let go of this anger at him? Is there any way to get past this?

tl;dr: Boyfriend accidentally hurt me because he didn't follow directions, and I'm still very angry at him.

quote:

[–]PlayingGrabAss [score hidden] 3 hours ago

Needing to be helpful at my expense can definitely verge on dealbreaker territory if it isn't addressed. Hopefully this isn't indicative of other situations where he thinks you need his help because you aren't capable, but it sounds more like he needs to understand that this is a pattern he has to fix for himself, and maybe it could help if you have a safe word to indicate to him the difference between a weird/polite "oh no I'd hate to impose you don't have to help" vs. "seriously dude gently caress off do not help me."
Normal people: "don't grab the food from the oven, I don't want to trip over you." Reddit: "How can your partner ever figure this out without a safe word to see if you're being serious??"

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I would have thought 'this kitchen is too small for two people to do poo poo safely in, please stay out of my way' was a good enough safe word. Guess I'm not as open to things as I thought I was.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
it seems a bit weird like it got that bad in the first place tho, like maybe she's a total clutz and he just wanted to prevent her from injuring herself? It's a weird situation but I could totally see the bf writing a post that was the total opposite of that.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This is one of those many situations in life that could be solved by being an rear end in a top hat. "GET THE gently caress OUT OF THE KITCHEN YOU BOY-MAN" would be my go to.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It's just like, once he already has the mitts why not let him just remove the thing from the oven rather than tripping face first into it to fight him? I legit don't see how it could escalate that much without them both being super stubborn.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ArbitraryC posted:

It's just like, once he already has the mitts why not let him just remove the thing from the oven rather than tripping face first into it to fight him? I legit don't see how it could escalate that much without them both being super stubborn.

Reporting in from a household with a galley kitchen. So far wife is unburned. Not sure if I'm doing this right. Distinct lack of pushing and shoving.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

This didn't happen

quote:

He got the mitts and said he'd take the food out, and tried to walk around me, bumped into me

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

[Normal people: "don't grab the food from the oven, I don't want to trip over you." Reddit: "How can your partner ever figure this out without a safe word to see if you're being serious??"

That Reddit comment seems like a really roundabout way to blame the victim. Its her fault for not communicating clearly!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

This didn't happen

but why not just let him do it at that point?

I mean i totally see how he's being stupid here I just can't picture the accident happening without both of them playing grabass in front of the stove. he had the mitts, back off and let him remove the hot thing from the oven. After that's settled, talk to him about how he's being overbearing and unpleasant in the kitchen.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

but why not just let him do it at that point?

I mean i totally see how he's being stupid here I just can't picture the accident happening without both of them playing grabass in front of the stove.

He tried to go around her and bumped into her. Like, seriously what is wrong with you?

Edit: No, I kinda see what you're saying. I was visualizing a tight kitchen, but if there's a little more space she can prob just move. Oh, wait:

quote:

My kitchen is really small, so there is not much room to move around when two people are in it

Like, seriously, what is wrong with you?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 2, 2017

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you read an ArbitraryC post and reply to it you deserve the frustration you feel right now. You'll learn your lesson soon enough.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Streak posted:

If you read an ArbitraryC post and reply to it you deserve the frustration you feel right now. You'll learn your lesson soon enough.

Seriously, what is wrong with me?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I mean reread the story, it's a small kitchen, where would she be that the accident could happen if she wasn't playing trying to play oven goalie.

He is overbearing and overprotective, took the mitts cause he wanted to remove thing from oven for her. she was upset because she's sick of this behavior, he tries to go for the oven, she blocks him, he bumps into her, there's an accident. That's literally the only way to read what happened.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What no it isn't, that is just some weird fanfic you made up to justify your weird contrarian nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean reread the story, it's a small kitchen, where would she be that the accident could happen if she wasn't playing trying to play oven goalie.

He is overbearing and overprotective, took the mitts cause he wanted to remove thing from oven for her. she was upset because she's sick of this behavior, he tries to go for the oven, she blocks him, he bumps into her, there's an accident. That's literally the only way to read what happened.

nah