Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Someone let a boomer loose in Novice chat today.

[13:33][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: really this is a main story quest. search for hidden children.... smfh
[13:36][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: i dont know if i can make it rhough all these dumb quests. so boring. run here talk to him. run here talk to her. so on and so forth. sigh
[13:37][NOVICE]Michael Stark: something something mmos something something
[13:37][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: most mmos arent like this though. its like a wow clone. and ff 11 you only had to do important quests
[13:38][NOVICE]Ashira Mira: yeah but ffxi, the quests and missions didn't grant you exp either
[13:38][NOVICE]Ashira Mira: instead you had to party grind
[13:38][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: i know that was so much better than this
[13:39][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: this is boring
[13:39][NOVICE]Ashira Mira: gen pop disagrees which is why the model fell out of favor
[13:39][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: yea but thats only because of millenials
[13:39][NOVICE]Tiny Princess: lmao at preferring grinding over a fun story
[13:40][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: fun story lol.. i skip all the cutscenes
[13:41][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: yea i played this game on release. i stopped after 6 months. every patch was just a repeat with a new lvl cap
[13:41][NOVICE]Tiny Princess: so why are you playing it now?
[13:42][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: figured id check it out since they brought some ffxi characters over
[13:42][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: i just want to do fun stuff and for 3 days ive been doing quests. getting annoying. now i have to find children hiding its like just so dumb
[13:43][NOVICE]Tiny Princess: you can always pay dollars to skip it if it's such a big deal to you
[13:43][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: that kinda takes away from the already paying monthly sub fee
[13:43][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: shouldnt be able to pay to win
[13:43][NOVICE]Tiny Princess: idk if skipping the quests is pay to win
[13:43][NOVICE]Tiny Princess: in fact i do know; it isn't
[13:44][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: yea it def is
[13:44][NOVICE]Vapors Ryuken: paying money in an mmo to skip is pay to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

You are like little child tank.

Holy spam should easily give you enough time to build aggro :v:

That assumes that the healer is a WHM and not an honest healer. Dangerous assumptions there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Does anyone on Excalibur want to do Susano Ex some time today or tomorrow? I haven't had very successful experiences with trying to clear in Party Finder so far. In game name is Ross Perot

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it was just someone misaligning the stormclouds occasionally, but instead it's things like repeatedly dying to churn, or failing the DPS check on the sword.

I'm not in any of the Goon FCs, but I might be interested. "Galaga Galaxian" in game, RDM. Did the fight a few evenings ago subbing into a group of friend's static. Didn't clear, but that was probably because we were solo healing it and it was our first attempts.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 1, 2017

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Mods please change thread name to WILD AND PURE AND FOREVER MAD!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'd be interested in Susano wherever I can get it. I'd love to bang out those tokens and get to something else.

PhilippAchtel posted:

No no, healer queues are great! That's one of the reason I went healer to first -time all the duties, aside from the fact that it's my preferred role anyway.

OH, I misread what you were saying. Yeah, PVP queues are sick, do that. They pop super fast because Frontline isn't role-specific. But if you queue in and see that your entire 8 man is DPS, just resolve to losing hilariously.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope I can find a not poo poo party for Menagerie tonight because boy is that fight a mess that I just want to get through before my sub expires.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got a little over half my light moisture or whatever? done today. For a weapon that I won't use that also isn't competitive. But it glows so there's that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cathead posted:

:agreed:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
{Please draw enmity.}

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

{Please draw enmity.}

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Zaggitz posted:

I hope I can find a not poo poo party for Menagerie tonight because boy is that fight a mess that I just want to get through before my sub expires.

same but the problem is ill be in it so its poo poo by default

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

cathead posted:

I still love him he's so good

Can't get over the fact that he's a loving sentient sword that wields himself lmao.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
What the h*ck goons?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

A Spider Covets posted:

I still love him he's so good

Can't get over the fact that he's a loving sentient sword that wields himself lmao.

That's Odin's thing too.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Astroniomix posted:

That's Odin's thing too.

otp

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

paladin has no meaningful way to hold aoe threat in early dungeons. i know it's super easy to act like 'uh duh just use your infinite threat button dipshit' if you've never considered tanking without a little bit of pee dribbling out of your dick or whatever but tanks can only generate a finite amount of threat in a given span of time

This was a Marauder who refused to use Overpower more than once per pull. So yeah, sorry I'm not more sympathetic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

What the h*ck goons?

mt fest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"then i suck on your cat nipples" has got to be like, the least sexy erp line possible

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

"then i suck on your cat nipples" has got to be like, the least sexy erp line possible

I know I was worried he was talking to me.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
On Susano Ex, during the shuffling cup rock breakers, is it always the 4th rock on the emnity list? In each of my 24 clears we've just mass targetted the fourth and it's always worked, but I'm being told otherwise now. Early rumour and just lucky, or is that how it works?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

On Susano Ex, during the shuffling cup rock breakers, is it always the 4th rock on the emnity list? In each of my 24 clears we've just mass targetted the fourth and it's always worked, but I'm being told otherwise now. Early rumour and just lucky, or is that how it works?

That's what I've heard so far. I haven't been paying too much attention to it though, usually I'm dropping a heal right when it stops and then I just DPS what everyone else is hitting.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I actually just had a run where it wasn't the fourth, and nobody through up a sign until it was half way dead.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah, the actual trick to it is that it's the latest letter in the alphabet on the enmity list. If you've been through enough attempts in a lockout for it to have gone through all 26 letters already, it might not be the bottom one. If the first one is Z it'd be C instead. :eng101:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Erp mistells are the best thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Now that's how you erp
None of this cat nipple bullshit

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blocking Susano as a MNK is pretty rad. :black101:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got to do it in a SusEx after both tanks died. We wiped, but at least the white mage cheered for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If a boss is immune to the pull/bind effect of Holmgang, do you still get the six seconds of protection? Or are you not guaranteed the death resistance unless you can pull them?

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Is there still a data-center-wide linkshell for goons? I'm on a low pop server with some friends, but it gets pretty quiet when they are out.

Also, for materia in tank gear, is tenacity, skill speed or det? (Most gear I see tends to have Str Vit and Crit capped).

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

If a boss is immune to the pull/bind effect of Holmgang, do you still get the six seconds of protection? Or are you not guaranteed the death resistance unless you can pull them?

You'll get the protection effect, and root yourself.

Smart Car posted:

Yeah, the actual trick to it is that it's the latest letter in the alphabet on the enmity list. If you've been through enough attempts in a lockout for it to have gone through all 26 letters already, it might not be the bottom one. If the first one is Z it'd be C instead. :eng101:

Thanks, that explains it. Most of my attempts have been one or two shot so I've never seen the results of it, but the last one I was in was absolutely dire.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 2, 2017

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/881304003031838721

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Any goon presence on Sargatanas? Myself and about 5 others are looking for a semi-casual raiding guild.

Last time someone made a goon linkshell on Sarg it had like 3 people total in it, so I'm going to go with goon presence is not strong.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i did it, i beat the menagerie

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MotU posted:

i did it, i beat the menagerie

I didnt have a case of the nerves so bad as when i cleared final steps of faith at launch. What a spectacular fight.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

If anything that's caring-too-much instead of nihilism.

Those who are heartless, probably once cared too much.

also:

*farrrrrrrrrrrrt*

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone know how to deal with the Hex/Piggy/Devour mechanic with the A rank Mahisha in the Lochs? All I've figured out so far is that it's gravity based damage, as it did more damage to me with Thrill of Battle up.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

Does anyone know how to deal with the Hex/Piggy/Devour mechanic with the A rank Mahisha in the Lochs? All I've figured out so far is that it's gravity based damage, as it did more damage to me with Thrill of Battle up.

It hits you for 100% of your max HP. If you have any kind of damage shield, it doesn't kill you.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

I didnt have a case of the nerves so bad as when i cleared final steps of faith at launch. What a spectacular fight.

every single fight i can fall off a thing i do so this was probably the most stressful fight for me ever

ive literally never beaten a titan outside normal without falling off :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The heck is the deal with Steel Peak for the Monk? It's a mediocre damage ability on a 40 second cooldown that offers no utility for anyone. Did this used to do something else? It just stands out to me because just about every other Monk ability has some sort of utility on it that benefits the Monk's mechanics or effects the enemy in some way. Feels like they ran out of ideas and threw this one in here for no real reason other than to fill out the ability bar.