Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I suddenly want to play a PE pinball table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the vita never died

Can it be said that it ever truly lived, though?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Speaking of the vita and how dead it is, does anyone have that one comic where it starts out with the vita girl being all excited about following in ps3's footsteps because "vita means life!" and just ends with the vita living in a life of squalor and visual novels? I know I've seen that in here before and I've been looking for it for way too long, but to no avail.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SpacePig posted:

not sure if you realize but the very name vita itself means life

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SpacePig posted:

more than the PlayStation TV did, which they tried to hide the instant they released it

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

kojei posted:

Speaking of the vita and how dead it is, does anyone have that one comic where it starts out with the vita girl being all excited about following in ps3's footsteps because "vita means life!" and just ends with the vita living in a life of squalor and visual novels? I know I've seen that in here before and I've been looking for it for way too long, but to no avail.

I know exactly what you're talking about and I've been looking for that as well.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We're still in the first panel imo

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

yessssssssssssss

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

I have been looking for this for MONTHS thank you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://personacentral.com/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-originally-planned-ps-vita-eruca-hair/

The development of Tokyo Mirage Sessions delayed Radiant Historia for Vita and by the point work resumed they switched to 3DS.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahahaha

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I just got Tokyo Xanadu and Cladun Returns, anyone liked them enough to give handy hints? Most reviews have said TX is too easy but that's kinda what I'm after at the minute, and something about the style of Cladun really appealed but apart from that I'm going in blind.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dehry posted:

http://personacentral.com/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-originally-planned-ps-vita-eruca-hair/

The development of Tokyo Mirage Sessions delayed Radiant Historia for Vita and by the point work resumed they switched to 3DS.

God

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I know this is the Vita thread, but does anyone else kinda hope that Tokyo Mirage Sessions gets a Switch port? Also, it'd be really funny if Undertale ended up reviving the Vita/PSTV.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That game is built around the second screen and would be cost-inefficient to port, since it apparently sold like garbage in Japan. Sucks too, because it's really good.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It was interesting watching Nintendo America try to market a product with a clearly niche aesthetic and target audience as a normal mainstream game, just because they had almost nothing else that year.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Beelerzebub posted:

I know this is the Vita thread, but does anyone else kinda hope that Tokyo Mirage Sessions gets a Switch port? Also, it'd be really funny if Undertale ended up reviving the Vita/PSTV.

It's dead Jim, you need to accept and deal with it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The vita is dead but at least Cosmic Star Heroine is still being ported to the Vita.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

waah posted:

The vita is dead but at least Cosmic Star Heroine is still being ported to the Vita.

Cthulhu Saves the World was great.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dehry posted:

Good.

Takoluka posted:

That game is built around the second screen and would be cost-inefficient to port, since it apparently sold like garbage in Japan. Sucks too, because it's really good.
It's not really, you just need to move the LINE interface to a menu or something. But yeah, it probably wouldn't be worth their time porting it, sadly. :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally got around to playing the Vita version of Ys Origin and please avoid this port, it's awful. There framerate drops into what feels like 15fps during boss fights with a lot of projectiles , which are exactly the times you absolutely need a solid performance to avoid everything precisely.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
A bad port??? From DotEmu????????

Sounds almost Napishtim PSP level. Hopefully it doesn't pause for a couple of seconds to load the 'you got an item' music.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At least so far it seems like they carried over the console fixes to audio issues

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dehry posted:

DESTROYED

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
So are any of the midyear sale games good? I'm eyeballing some of the visual novels since they're half off, are any of them good?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It might be kid me misremembering but I really don't recall any bosses in Symphonia cheating anywhere near as bad as they seem to in Hearts R.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

But yeah, it probably wouldn't be worth their time porting it, sadly. :smith:
FWIW I work in a studio that sometimes does ports and we have a relationship with Sega/Atlus so I'm going to fight that fight as long as I can!

(This is not a confirmation that anything is happening. At all.)

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Akuma posted:

FWIW I work in a studio that sometimes does ports and we have a relationship with Sega/Atlus so I'm going to fight that fight as long as I can!

(This is not a confirmation that anything is happening. At all.)

Just give up and try to push switch as the future. Vita is dead.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

leper khan posted:

vita means life

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

A Big... Dog posted:

vita means life

All life ends in death. :rip:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Can we truly say that the Vita lived?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it died doing what it loved.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

it died doing what it loved.

...living

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sefal posted:

Can we truly say that the Vita lived?

it lived for a brief period of time when Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was released

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

leper khan posted:

All life ends in death. :rip:

:yeah:

Wait, I meant:

:great:

mandatory lesbian posted:

it lived for a brief period of time when Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was released

This but instead portable Earth Defense Force for me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Boo. My brother updated the vita to 3.63 when he had it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

leper khan posted:

Hahaha, yeah nobody gives a fuuuuck about the Vita. It hasn't come up in any discussions in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the vita will outlive the switch