Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

if you aren't max headrooming it up you're not living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Stop eating your drat placentas
There’s literally no reason to consume your own organs.

Childbirth is scary. A tiny human has to somehow emerge from what you thought was a pretty tight space. Some bits of you might literally tear open in the process. You’re also almost certainly going to poop in front of strangers.
In the midst of all this crying and pooping and anxiety over the prospect of parenthood, it’s understandable that many turn to alternative medicine. The U.S. has the worst rate of maternal death in the developed world and 60 percent of those deaths are totally preventable. When you can see that your health care system is objectively failing many folks in your situation, there's certainly logic in exploring all your options.

But for goodness' sake, please stop eating placentas.

Much like the paleo diet, the spread of this health fad has largely been driven by huffpo mommy bloggers and upper middle class white people. The two trends also share a purported basis in evolutionary biology, a GOOP-like sense of superiority, and a total lack of scientific evidence.

TAGS: BIRTH DEATH BABIES POOP SUPPLEMENT

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Regular Nintendo posted:

i want to find the product mgrs for imgur and steamroller them feet-first
:hellyeah:
:allears:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a ballroom dancing anime coming out that looks pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGGwyb0d0Y8

I'm pretty sure this stuff is rotoscoped.

Look at Yuri or the intro to Persona or a bunch of random other stuff. It's pretty common to do it with complex animations

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Bethamphetamine posted:

look at how wrong this is smh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
But is there any reason not to eat your placenta

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

VectorSigma posted:

i own many display devices, with screen sizes ranging from 8 to 100 inches, but not one has a tv tuner

ur missing out on that free ota hd network broadcasting, dawg

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

@20 mins an 86 year old woman w/ medicare says that she gets all of her news from the president's tweets

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
im a 6'3 200lb olympic bodybuilder former marine with 5000 confirmed sniper kills and i live on a diet of oats and placentas ty

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zegermans posted:

RIP RoyofCA

I remember one of my first big against-the-grain kerfluffles in LF that got me relegated to bad poster status was that Roy might have been human if he felt so bad about his actions that he killed himself

im the eighth level zegermancy spell Bubble of Denial

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im beginning not to wish all of u were dead :)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

lorn Wayne posted:

look at how wrong this is smh

Baby chicks eat their eggshells.

Don't waste resources like a repub.

Or plant it under a tree like an Edgar Allen Poe story.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Trash Trick posted:

@20 mins an 86 year old woman w/ medicare says that she gets all of her news from the president's tweets

young dumb and full of cum

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

young dumb and full of cum

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

im beginning not to wish all of u were dead :)
wtf is this bull poo poo

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

holy poo poo mang!!!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/881319647596998656

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

The best part about childbirth is the cold placenta sandwiches the next morning.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

wtf is this bull poo poo

im beginning to think that u, and others here, being dead is not the best of all possible worlds

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bert Roberge posted:

I'm pretty sure this stuff is rotoscoped.

Look at Yuri or the intro to Persona or a bunch of random other stuff. It's pretty common to do it with complex animations

I guess it could be, but the animation in Haikyuu and Welcome to the Ballroom matches the exaggerated movement from their respective mangas really well. And isn't rotoscoping pretty expensive and time consuming? I wouldn't've thought they would do something like that for a weekly shonen show

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess it could be, but the animation in Haikyuu and Welcome to the Ballroom matches the exaggerated movement from their respective mangas really well. And isn't rotoscoping pretty expensive and time consuming? I wouldn't've thought they would do something like that for a weekly shonen show

Sometimes they do motion capture for this kinda stuff too.

Usually they drop the framerate below like 24 fps to save money though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a native American tribe that believes your placenta is your true clothes, and you need to be buried with it when you die or else you'll be naked in the afterlife. So I guess that's a reason not to eat the placenta

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

im beginning to think that u, and others here, being dead is not the best of all possible worlds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-rFs0AzEho

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a native American tribe that believes your placenta is your true clothes, and you need to be buried with it when you die or else you'll be naked in the afterlife. So I guess that's a reason not to eat the placenta

any idea which tribe this is?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

TRUMP

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess I don't know how anime is made, I just enjoy the end result.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
morning joe more like morning retard!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trash Trick posted:

any idea which tribe this is?

no idea. I read about it once years ago and remembered it because lol that's weird

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

whats wrong wih bein naked when youre dead:confused:
fukken weirdoes

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The REAL Goobusters posted:

morning joe more like morning retard!

honk honk, skrrrttt

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

GobiasIndustries posted:

ur missing out on that free ota hd network broadcasting, dawg

yeah that's the whole idea

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

no idea. I read about it once years ago and remembered it because lol that's weird

well keep in mind there was probably a hell of a lot lost in translation!! interesting tho, thanks for the tid bit, i appreciate whenever anyone brings up native culture

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
So who's placenta should I eat?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slamhound posted:

your dads

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"A super cute, abandoned kitten wandered up into my yard. Unfortunately, we can't keep him. We already have five other rescue cats, and we really can't afford another. Please, if you're in the middle Georgia area, please consider taking him in!! He is an excellent kitty in need of a forever home."

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Slamhound posted:

Barron's

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

prob freshest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess I don't know how anime is made, I just enjoy the end result.

I am a weird nerd about the animation process even if I haven't seen a lot of animes.

• Locked thread