Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Also a weird opinion to have, if everything you believe makes you think someone is actively immoral, why on earth would you tolerate that?

because believe it or not, it's possible to disagree with people without violently hating them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

because believe it or not, it's possible to disagree with people without violently hating them

It is possible to disagree with people on matters of personal taste but if you actually believe that someone is trying to actively destroy all that is good and holy in the world because they think that sex isn't binary or whatever these idiots believe, then no, you should definitely violently hate that person because you think they're doing something utterly monstrous.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
most people don't conflate "made some videos calling me a dumbass" with "trying to actively destroy all that is good and holy in the world" and don't treat somebody who did the former as if they're doing the latter

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Erm, have you seen the volume of output these idiots have about people who make videos espousing viewpoints they disagree with?

If they don't consider it a mortal evil then I dread to think what might happen if they discover something they do.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
part of being a social being is balancing your actions with those of your peers, e.g. if somebody makes videos about you, you make videos about them back but you don't mail a box of feces to them unless you're genuinely hosed up in the head as opposed to just differently opinionated

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure making videos for years about videogame feminism lady is indicative of a balanced social person.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
being able to chillax with a dude that you disagree with on political matters sure is, though

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Hey guy I know you think all my rights should be taken away but, I mean, let's not be impolite to each other."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"I guess we'll just have to disagree on the political matter of whether human rights are indeed universal and of whether those bitches had it coming for saying no."

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
part of being socially functional is not exaggerating somebody else's opinion into something cartoonishly fascist in order to justify being a piece of poo poo to their face, dude

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think I need to exaggerate to make the opinions of the alt right look cartoonishly fascist.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You were here when we were discussing the matter of eggs and also of Anita Sarkeesian being hung from her genitals, yes?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so can you enumerate the opinions of one of the people that hbomberguy met with that makes them worthy of being called a fascist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think I need to exaggerate to make the opinions of the alt right look cartoonishly fascist.

Many of them post on the internet using avatar images of cartoon fascists, even.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i mean you can play the guilt by association card all day but at the end of it you have to come up with something credible

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

i mean you can play the guilt by association card all day but at the end of it you have to come up with something credible

I mean, I don't really think I do, if you're palling about with the all-but-self-described nazis I don't really see a reason to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've never sat down and thought "OK yes this person is part of a community that espouses utterly vile opinions but they might not be a complete dickhead I should devote time to figuring it out."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lmao imagine using watery thin weak justifications for lovely protofascist youtubers in this thread of all threads and expecting to be taken seriously

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so what you're saying is that you can't find anything to evidence that he's a nazi so you're just assuming that the people he's with are nazis in order to assume he's a nazi too?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
or are you coming up with new definitions of fascist to lump these people into in lieu of showing any evidence while at the same time attacking me for saying anything that doesn't fit the thread narrative

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No I think the other youtube dorks are nazis because they make videos about poo poo like "interracial relationships are genocide of the white race".

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

No I think the other youtube dorks are nazis because they make videos about poo poo like "interracial relationships are genocide of the white race".

show me one of those videos?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

show me one of those videos?

You can google davis aurini and watch his poo poo if you want but I'm not doing it for you.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

I don't know guys. It seems to me that the real problem is we aren't being nice enough to people with such mild views as: all muslims are evil terrorists, black people are genetically inferior, women already have perfectly equal rights to men and nothing needs to be done for them, and trans people are icky. Surely you can see how these are perfectly fine and normal views and not at all something to be mocked and ostracized for!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'm going to get real mad about "thread narrative" and demand exhaustively documented evidence for why a guy who complains about how feminism is destroying atheism isn't some kind of weird shithead. no I don't think this makes me a weird shithead either and i'm going to defend my reputation to the hilt, why do you ask

OwlFancier posted:

You can google davis aurini and watch his poo poo if you want but I'm not doing it for you.

shame, I thought you were serious about your craft but it turns out you were just as fickle and effeminate as the rest of them *sheathes posting katana*

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

cool, i found one video about interracial dating with 3000 views, got me there

i have no idea who davis aurini is

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i have no idea who davis aurini is

first off I think this is a lie

second off, if this is not a lie, this is definitely not the correct thread to assemble a little lovely hill to die on

anyway tho lol that you know the works of armored skeptic in detail enough to defend his reputation but you've never heard of this who? aurini fellow? is he a musician?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

first off I think this is a lie

second off, if this is not a lie, this is definitely not the correct thread to assemble a little lovely hill to die on

you're being needlessly combative and hateful, calm down

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Poster Pittsburgh Lambic claims not to believe in internet Nazis in this, the internet nazi thread. Maybe take a step back and wonder if you're being trolled. And not even that well.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

you're being needlessly combative and hateful, calm down

I see no particular advantage gained from pretending not to know about the subject of the thread you are compelled to post in, that does not seem honest or believable to me. what an odd angle to take in this slapfight

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

I see no particular advantage gained from pretending not to know about the subject of the thread you are compelled to post in, that does not seem honest or believable to me. what an odd angle to take in this slapfight

i'm not pretending anything, you're making accusations in order to try and portray me as somebody i'm not

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i'm not pretending anything, you're making accusations in order to try and portray me as somebody i'm not

I don't need to lift a finger to portray you as a stubborn dumbass

I'm just pointing out that you're pretty obviously lying to win an internet fight which is weird as hell

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i was having a discussion and you came in to hurl insults, and that's not cool

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ugh insults in a thread dedicated to insulting people. how gauche

please accuse me of violating the sacred trust of the debate and discussion forum next that's usually how impotent trolls go down in flames around these parts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Poster Pittsburgh Lambic claims not to believe in internet Nazis in this, the internet nazi thread. Maybe take a step back and wonder if you're being trolled. And not even that well.

Sometimes I like to not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
yes, we're all goons here, we can go without treating each other as enemies

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who the gently caress are you all even talking about anymore

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GulagDolls posted:

who the gently caress are you all even talking about anymore
armored skeptic in particular, but the concept of goons being bad in general

AS in particular really deeply dislikes feminism so you can safely throw him on the awful person heap

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i've not seen how he's a fascist trying to revoke people's human rights, though, so i haven't yet quite gotten what was wrong with hbomberguy hanging out with him

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i've not seen how

pointing out your own ignorance is not actually a winning tactic fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
neither is refusing to present evidence when evidence is asked for and attacking the person asking for it

• Locked thread