Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Subjunctivitis posted:

Are you telling me that the Dems don't wanna win b/c the Repubs are going to give the Dems what they really want, because the Dems are too cowardly to come out and say it because that would mean that the Dems aren't actually Dems and should be running on Repub tickets and if they won they would have to work and do a job that they were voted in for instead of kicking back and raking money from political donors?

Democrats do want to win, the same way that the guy who brought a knife to a gun fight still wants to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Democrats do want to win, the same way that the guy who brought a knife to a gun fight still wants to win.

you know after the first guy has shown up to 1000+ gun fights with a knife you have to question his desire to win

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zeta Taskforce posted:

It's just that the Democrats' version of winning is "everyone figures out we were right all along and apologises to us in tears as we gaze upon them as benevolent gods", not "AND THEN WE DESTROY THE HATED ENEMY AND GET ALL THE MONEY AND POWER FOREVER".

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Winning means you have to govern then and that's really loving hard, so it's better to lose, get all that sweet consulting money, and just fire off op-eds twice a month.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just applaud a psychopath who devastated Greece just so bankers could get paid.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Zeta Taskforce posted:

you mean a spoon to a knife fight #nospoons

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Concerned Citizen posted:

you mean a spoon to a knife fight #nospoons

Can't we just convene a focus group that we can run 50 metaphors by so we can extrapolate the results to guess which one resonates with the white working class in Michigan?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
harlan hill's face was definitely used on an episode as a one-off villain

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/880997690238275584

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joy Reid more like Angry Read

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
on account of how angry I get reading her poo poo

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Centrist Dems and liberals, people who proudly supported anti-gay politics for their entire lives (only crazy radicals disagreed!), are apparently not pro-gay when the chips are down.

I'm currently reacting with shock and awe!

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jul 2, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the clintonites going full H.A. Goodman flailing & spitting w/ rage meltdown mode for months on end should be funny as hell but its just making me sad now

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
This Is How Hillary Can Still Win
Joy Reid July 2, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
this heroic german conservative is too busy bringing greece to heel and pissing on gay people to pay you any attention. consider yourselves loving TOLD, anti-obama fuckwads!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Vox Nihili posted:

this heroic german conservative is too busy bringing greece to heel and pissing on gay people to pay you any attention. consider yourselves loving TOLD, anti-obama fuckwads!!!

inevitable huffington post headline: "Merkel CLAPS BACK at gays for mansplaining marriage equality to her! #feminism"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joy Ann Reid earns more money in one day than a lot of us do in a whole year to say this poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hi Majorian :)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

She voted AGAINST gay marriage...

Typical centrists, putting economic and foreign policy over social policy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hi Majorian :)

How do you do, fellow kids?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Terrible how Putin hacked Merkel's account and made her vote against gay marriage.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Terrible how Putin hacked Merkel's account and made her vote against gay marriage.

he also tricked Hillary into not campaign in rust belt states.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

caused the dccc to spend all their money on ossoff's campaign too.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

for some reason she hasn't brought up Merkel at all since
:thunk:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

This Is How Hillary Can Still Win
Joy Reid July 2, 2017

a proper h.a. goodman is actually "Hillary Will Win All 50 States And End The GOP Forever"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

a proper h.a. goodman is actually "Hillary Will Win All 50 States And End The GOP Forever"

That's more of a Jamelle "Democrats don’t need to win working-class whites or even to come close" Bouie imo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joy Ann Reid is a golem formed by the zeitgeist of the Post Trump Voters thread.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Centrists have literally nobody else to look up to besides Merkel :laffo:

Kinda feel sorry for them now

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frijolero posted:

Centrists have literally nobody else to look up to besides Merkel :laffo:

Kinda feel sorry for them now

The Centrist Power Trio:
1) a granny chasing pervert
2) woke bae megahunk whom sells hundreds of millions in weapons to the Saudis
3) the German version of Republicans who devours Greece like the witch eats kids in Hansel & Grettel

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Winning means you have to govern then and that's really loving hard, so it's better to lose, get all that sweet consulting money, and just fire off op-eds twice a month.

Establishment Dems only care about winning because they think Trump is a big rude meanie head who doesn't respect bourgeois manners, and because he is actively undermining America's faith in our (lovely, broken) institutions by failing to maintain the pageantry and decor "befitting" the office.

KaptainKrunk has issued a correction as of 06:48 on Jul 2, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beltway Dems and media liberals have turned into birthers.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It doesn't sound to me like he's actually advocating a new king, just being an edgy "but what if..." idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

that wasnt even close to a probation worthy post squizzle

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god I hope he picks the bonapartist claimant

im pretty sure hes actually napoleon reborn

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao looking at the turmp thread thank u for reminding me again of top bunk wanker existing

lol remember when he made this indepth analysis of how many people were using the words ratfucking and pivot because they really bothered him

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

it's just how the fifth republic is set up, it's a presidential monarchy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

monarchism makes its majestic return in the 21st century

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Emmanuel Macron: Speaks French, born in France, lived entire life in France, is President of France.

Eve Peyser: Went to Oberlin, where she presumably watched at least one english-language adaptation of Les Mis

Not sure which of these two has a better grasp on French history and political culture.

centrist scum

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

idk if it's just me being an American but I have Canadian and European friends and they just shrug and passively accept that their societies are utterly subservient to the wills of a monarch and that they pour millions of dollar-equivalents into their lives

this is constantly justified by "we make more off these people than we pay into them!" and threadbare appeals to tradition et al, but tbh it's disgusting seeing the canadian parliament hang up a gigantor poster of the queen

do you have that little regard for your own independence and self-worth? it's barely any better than the maga chuds when you worship some wrinkled useless piece of poo poo who's only served to soak up effort and labor to live in pamperence for eight decades

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

la terreur didn't do enough

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

idk if it's just me being an American but I have Canadian and European friends and they just shrug and passively accept that their societies are utterly subservient to the wills of a monarch and that they pour millions of dollar-equivalents into their lives

this is constantly justified by "we make more off these people than we pay into them!" and threadbare appeals to tradition et al, but tbh it's disgusting seeing the canadian parliament hang up a gigantor poster of the queen

do you have that little regard for your own independence and self-worth? it's barely any better than the maga chuds when you worship some wrinkled useless piece of poo poo who's only served to soak up effort and labor to live in pamperence for eight decades

i used to agree with this but then we made Trump our Head of State and ive come to the conclusion there is no greater dignity in a representative republic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

consumed by normies posted:

i used to agree with this but then we made Trump our Head of State and ive come to the conclusion there is no greater dignity in a representative republic

well yeah 11/9 really shook me and my view of america vs the rest of the world

I think there's just a natural instinct for a lot of humans to passively follow Strong Person and not really question this urge nor the credentials of said person

• Locked thread