Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

It's a feathered hat, I've met my obligations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to know what percentage of the real short quest in Rhalgar's (lvl69) was made directly to let people have a decent NieR: Automata cosplay blindfold.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, whatever you do, don't actually buy Garo gear with MGP until the PVP vendor is removed. It's dreadfully priced and getting the marks for it currently is a matter of a hour or two at most effort. If by effort you count standing around taking pot shots at people

Also the MGP replicas can't be dyed. Which limits your options a good deal. Especially since most of the gear looks significantly better once it's dyed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I just got this jacket in a dungeon and I couldn't help myself but make the ultimate Naruto cosplay outfit out of it

:japan:

Only wish it was dyeable so I could make it green.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Third night of 1% wipes to Susano chasing my first clear as the ilvl requirements in PF grow higher and higher. (Two of those groups were with goons, y'all are great, I just think I can perform better.) I have tank questions because I'm insecure like that.

* Is there a trick to positioning him as a tank that makes him easier? Right now, I'm sidling him up parallel as close to the centerline to make jumping back and forth easier.
* Since tank angle doesn't determine the thin strip of safe zone, should I be angled off one way or the other instead?
* Does the tank move with others when someone gets stun + marked, or do they pop cooldowns and tough it out?
* Is Reprisal worth taking for Ukehi? I have seen PLDs Passage-of-Arms it and I want to help the same way. My actions are presently Shirk, Provoke, Convalescence, Rampart, ???.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 21, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

* Does the tank move with others when someone gets stun + marked, or do they pop cooldowns and go with?

You move the boss. Don't eat the lightning.

Source: Am WHM.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ideally you put the boss close enough to the border that melees on either side can hit him

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm torn between finishing Stormblood MSQ, leveling my crafters and gatherers to 70, getting all the garo titles before the priest is taken out of the game, and actually having a life outside of FF14.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If you keep getting 1% wipes on Susano then that usually means your DPS is dying too much. Have them ensure that they know what to do about : 1) Churning dice, 2) Storm Cloud placement 3) Stone Gaols breaking. If they're nailing all these mechanics then start looking at rotations. The above assumes they're handling Levinbolts / Jumps properly.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

* Since tank angle doesn't determine the thin strip of safe zone, should I be angled off one way or the other instead?

Don't angle him exactly northwards or it causes issues with thunderclouds. When I tank I orient him so roughly 50% of his butt is in the HFIL and the other 50% of the rear is accessible to my melee.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

* Is Reprisal worth taking for Ukehi? I have seen PLDs Passage-of-Arms it and I want to help the same way. My actions are presently Shirk, Provoke, Convalescence, Rampart, ???.

Reprisal is very good and is part of my standard loadout combined with the four other actions you name here.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solitair posted:

I'm torn between finishing Stormblood MSQ, leveling my crafters and gatherers to 70, getting all the garo titles before the priest is taken out of the game, and actually having a life outside of FF14.

Finish MSQ. That's not even a question.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Reprisal is very good and is part of my standard loadout combined with the four other actions you name here.

If you have to take a stun, which thing do you drop?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ukehi and Stormsplitter both happen at one minute intervals. If both tanks have Reprisal, you can have it applied for both moves, and you can even use the cooldown timer to tell you when the next one is coming.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Finish MSQ. That's not even a question.

If you have to take a stun, which thing do you drop?

Either Convalescence or just let the DPS (or PLD) handle any necessary stunning. Bosses that can be stunned in high end content are incredibly rare, though, so it's not going to come up very often.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Summoner feels really fun in PVP, although that might just be a byproduct of PVP being really fun.
Yeah PVP right now is genuinely fast paced and fun. It's probably the most entertaining PVP mode in a live MMO right now, and it's easily the best single improvement in Stormblood.

(The best PVP mode in an MMO ever was Warhammer Online in the 1-10 bracket though.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

These WHM quests in SB are so bad. Go to the bottom of the fringes to pick up quest, go to Castrum Orriens, go back to where you started, go back to Orriens.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Don't angle him exactly northwards or it causes issues with thunderclouds. When I tank I orient him so roughly 50% of his butt is in the HFIL and the other 50% of the rear is accessible to my melee.

As far as I know the clouds come out at random positions and he turns regardless of how you're holding him so I don't this will do anything except make you vulnerable to the churn+line combo

e: Here's a nice little Samurai glamour for you

Mystic Cave zOWNd fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 2, 2017

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Gathering actually has something in the way of glamour this expac.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's clearly cobbled together from bits from the Wrangler's Coat but it's so good and it's DoL only. (That last part makes me a bit sad.)

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Sometime, a top hat is fine too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ignimbrite posted:

Gathering actually has something in the way of glamour this expac.

Why does your face look like it's from an FF8 FMV

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Such a ridiculous mount. Hope the flying animation gets patched because at the moment it's pretty :effort:

cheetah7071 posted:

Ideally you put the boss close enough to the border that melees on either side can hit him

This. It helps.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Nose racist

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dyed the Ala Mhigan striking set and I like it enough that I'm not going to glamour over it!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

can i change my race or name cause i guess gilgamesh is locked forever because square cant shell out for bandwidth

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Ramadu posted:

can i change my race or name cause i guess gilgamesh is locked forever because square cant shell out for bandwidth

appearance change, name change and server transfer are three separate products (each costs money)
edit: oh wait, server transfer should include a free name change

Shy fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 2, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Ala Mhigan tomestone gear is dyeable?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

The Ala Mhigan tomestone gear is dyeable?

yes

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

I want to know what percentage of the real short quest in Rhalgar's (lvl69) was made directly to let people have a decent NieR: Automata cosplay blindfold.

There's no way that blindfold wasn't Nier inspired.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Adept Nightingale posted:

It's a feathered hat, I've met my obligations.

That's also my go-to hat until I can find a better one. I wear it with the Storm Lieutenant coat.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Glams?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Shy posted:

appearance change, name change and server transfer are three separate products (each costs money)
edit: oh wait, server transfer should include a free name change

If and only if someone is already on that server having that name.

The solution to that, obviously, is to ask a friend to roll a character with that name first.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Alternatively

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Are there any goons running with FC's on Cactaur? I just resubbed after a long absence, and I'm stuck on this server because I'm poor as hell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

This is a game for girls, we'll be having none of that here.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wait, you can make boys now? Is that a Stormblood thing?

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

These WHM quests in SB are so bad. Go to the bottom of the fringes to pick up quest, go to Castrum Orriens, go back to where you started, go back to Orriens.

And I thought it was just me being annoyed at all the traveling back and forth.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Lansoc posted:

And I thought it was just me being annoyed at all the traveling back and forth.

The story wasnt even worth getting out of bed for which was a shame since HW's was pretty good I thought.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ok well i guess i was specifically looking to see if manthras can be cool looking at all

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ramadu posted:

ok well i guess i was specifically looking to see if manthras can be cool looking at all

https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamours

I generally look through this to see if there are any pieces I didn't know about that are cool but not all of them are good but it might give you a good idea or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
What's a manthra?