Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Capcom just took down the fan subbed DGS from youtube. Anyone know if they have done something like this before? The videos have been up for more than a year so it's weird that they got taken down now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe it's an AM2R situation and this is actually a good sign??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i look forward to another "anything can happen! stay tuned" from capcom US

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Don't get your hopes up, the sequel is almost out in japan and they are doing a thing where you can buy both games together(maybe if you play both games together it actually good??) so they are removing videos because japanese companies are really weird with videos showing stuff past a certain point in games.

Also more proof that DGS1 and 2 were supose to be a full whole game together at some point, according to previews, case 2 of DG2 takes place right after case 4 of DGS1 and before case 5 of DGS1, it's basically day 2 of case 4 of DGS1 with all the same characters and stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'll bring a combined version to the west for Switch, believe it comrades.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The girl who's your assistant, is good

Everything else about DGS I could take or leave

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

IceBorg posted:

Also more proof that DGS1 and 2 were supose to be a full whole game together at some point, according to previews, case 2 of DG2 takes place right after case 4 of DGS1 and before case 5 of DGS1, it's basically day 2 of case 4 of DGS1 with all the same characters and stuff.

This sounds like a mess. I kind of hate it when they do cases out of order, since it never feels appropriate and characters end up developing backwards.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guess what's been rated for the 3DS.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Tons of squiggly lines?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The name Apollo Justice is right there, it's Apollo Justice. Probably a port of the mobile version.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/charmwitch/status/880668969857953793

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This was terrifying but Dahlia Hawthorne's ghost is the only thing I still get a nightmare every now and again about

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

which game was that from again

Waffleman_ posted:

Guess what's been rated for the 3DS.

i cant read korean

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

i cant read korean

Ace attorney investigations

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

i cant read korean

Again, the words "Apollo Justice Ace Attorney" are right there in English, I thought it was more apparent than it was, it's loving Apollo Justice.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/LaytonSeries/status/887836456491794436

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm not european and i want lady layton now!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i'm not european and i want lady layton now!!!

https://twitter.com/LaytonSeries/status/887950119835811840

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The funny thing is that I'd gladly pay $30 or more for it on 3DS but for some reason $22 on iOS seems like a very, very far bridge.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's also getting a full-price 3DS release that comes with all (or at least most of?) the cosmetic DLC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My phone is too old for it!!!! I have to wait until the 3DS!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm gonna wait for 3DS because it would just feel weird to switch to phone

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm gonna wait for 3DS because it would just feel weird to switch to phone

:same:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/888511434237325313

No idea what the hold-up is, considering both the 3DS version and a full localization already exist.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
luke, can easily be replaced by a dog

quote:

No idea what the hold-up is, considering both the 3DS version and a full localization already exist.
physical print run?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably but it still suuuucks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Speaking of, how is the game itself

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone mentioned a game with Gumshoe as a protagonist a while back, and I'm not going to miss the opportunity to say that his penalties are pay cuts.

On another note, I was wondering what an Ace Attorney version of the OJ trial would be, then I realised, like literally half of them.

Also, revolution in a courtroom sounds kinda plausible. It was more impeachment, anyway.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 26, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I would like a Thought Route that ends up at "If it doesn't fit you must acquit"

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
There is something very AA-esque to your best friend/attorney holding onto a key piece of evidence and not realizing it until halfway through the trial.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?
I want to be the first one to screenshot LP the great ace attorney 2/daigyakuten2.
But I haven't beaten the first one yet, I'm still in the first case.
I'm thinking of doing a marathon stream where I don't stop playing until I beat it.
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in watching a marathon stream in the following kind of format?
These are videos I've made before I decided it was too hard for me to translate at the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhvfWRmvnFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzwTPzMEns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SQUn7eo-jw

juicedup fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 31, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Speaking of, how is the game itself

It's not bad but it's definitely the weakest of the series, not counting Mystery Room. Katrielle's fine and the new tone is fun if a little overdone (it's AA-esque silliness cranked up a notch) but there's not much in the way of the traditional overarching Layton-style mystery and the individual chapters don't really give you a lot to do in terms of deducing who did what, you pretty much just do as it tells you. The puzzles are also weaker but there are a lot of them and the old puzzle guy died so it can't really be helped.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm almost done playing through Trials & Tribulations for the first time, and I have two thoughts:

1) Everything involving Dahlia Hawthorne is amazing. I saw the scene where her spirit exits Maya's body on the train ride home, and I don't think I did a particularly good job concealing my :catstare: + :haw: face.
2) Maggey needs to open up her heart & let Gumshoe in.

Also,

Capsaicin posted:

Just finished first case of Spirit of Justice and Jesus Peeslub'n Ahndistan'din is the worst pun name I've seen in the series

This is still true.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually, it's the best.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

1) Everything involving Dahlia Hawthorne is amazing. I saw the scene where her spirit exits Maya's body on the train ride home, and I don't think I did a particularly good job concealing my :catstare: + :haw: face.

There are very few things I have nightmares about still but this is somehow one of them

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TheKingofSprings posted:

There are very few things I have nightmares about still but this is somehow one of them

So loving awesome :allears:

My only issue with her is that I near-immediately guessed that Dahlia was being channeled by Maya, to the point that I had been working under that assumption for the entire last courtroom scene and the reveal was a little meh. The payoff still really, REALLY ruled though.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Case 3 of SOJ is the worst case in the entire series. I'd rather play the circus case or 4-3 again than do this.

I've been stalled out on it basically since the game came out, occasionally picking it back up and putting it right back down again, and finally - finally - got the motivation to slog through it and nearly make it to the end. I'll finish it today probably because it got interesting right about the time of the thought route/synapse resonance/I don't know what this thing is called. I hate this case and everything it stands for. I've never taken so long to get through an AA case. The worst cases of all previous games are more enjoyable than this horrible slog.

1 and 2 were both pretty good! I hope I can have fun again after this one.

nb: haven't read the thread because of spoilers, maybe you all love it, who knows

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 1, 2017

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

eating only apples posted:

Case 3 of SOJ is the worst case in the entire series. I'd rather play the circus case or 4-3 again than do this.

I've been stalled out on it basically since the game came out and finally - finally - got the motivation to slog through it and nearly make it to the end. I'll finish it today probably because it got interesting right about the time of the thought route/synapse resonance/I don't know what this thing is called. I hate this case and everything it stands for. I've never taken so long to get through an AA case. The worst cases of all previous games are more enjoyable than this horrible slog.

1 and 2 were both pretty good! I hope I can have fun again after this one.

nb: haven't read the thread because of spoilers, maybe you all love it, who knows

Case 4 is even worse.

The remaining game is peak Phoenix Wright.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Crappy Jack posted:

Case 4 is even worse.

The remaining game is peak Phoenix Wright.

Oh you are loving kidding me, please don't let it be more of this Khura'in poo poo I just want to hang out with Apollo and Athena :cry:

Retire Phoenix Wright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
All of SoJ was so forgettable that i never know what case people are talking about until they basically tell me what it's about. Is that the case where Trucy is the defendant? Cause yeah, that was a pretty drat weak case. Though imo the sloggiest one was the one with the politician, and literally the only reason i even remember that case is because it's the only AA case (i'm p. sure) that's not a murder case.