Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Lombard, because of the wall where I can display weapons and poo poo. Any other mods that do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't think so.

I use the portable tent mod. No need to run home and leave or sell all my things when I can just drop my backpack and there it is!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Lombard, because of the wall where I can display weapons and poo poo. Any other mods that do that?

Freeside studio apartment does it for unique weapons

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are either Freeside Open compatible?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Best house mod is the mobile truck/van base, with sortomatic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyshall posted:

Are either Freeside Open compatible?

Yes they are. The studio apartment just adds a door to the side of a building and the house is in a different worldspace so it shouldn't conflict.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Lombard Station is always my default, because the automatic sorting of food, ammo, armor, weapons, and health items, plus the ability to craft with items that are still in storage, is always too good to pass up.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

any house that acts like a museum of artifacts that autosorts my unique weapons into a massive displaycase of my achievements = the best housing mod

:sigh: I'm still looking

lombard station is ok I guess

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lombard Station is always my default, because the automatic sorting of food, ammo, armor, weapons, and health items, plus the ability to craft with items that are still in storage, is always too good to pass up.

I love the auto sort in Lombard. Especially how your ammo is displayed just like weapons. Nothing like strolling past your barrel of javelins, ducking around your wooden target studded with tomahawks to look at your shelf full of nuclear bombs.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Where is the latest version of Lombard? Didn't it have some bugs at one point?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Lombard spoiled Jsawyer for me as I could no longer afford to drag all these heavy guns around just so I can put them on my wall.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Gyshall posted:

The link in the OP seems to be the most up to date I could find.

Davoren posted:

Lombard spoiled Jsawyer for me as I could no longer afford to drag all these heavy guns around just so I can put them on my wall.

I consider that a feature. Keeps you from being richer than House himself by the time you get to the Strip.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I just jack up my carry weight. Carry Weight does not change what I loot, it just changes how often I have to go drop poo poo off at my house. I will not be passing up loot either way, no sir. Next time I will play will definitely be with a portable base because the number of times I fast traveled to Lombard is like a thousand million zillion

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

any house that acts like a museum of artifacts that autosorts my unique weapons into a massive displaycase of my achievements = the best housing mod

:sigh: I'm still looking

lombard station is ok I guess

Underground Hideout was always my favorite for this.

My current run I have this monstrosity: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6686/ which is weird and wacky. Needs more autosorting stuff though.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So in my most recent play through, I'm using the JSawyer Ultimate mod, plus two additional mods from the same guy. Phone posting or I'd link them. One is an overhaul to the water system. It gives you four or five levels of water purity, makes clean water much rarer, and let's you bottle water.

The other is an economy rebalance. Caps are much rarer, but the cost of goods is also slightly reduced. Since I enjoy barely scrapping by in NV it's been a lot of fun. I have to go prospecting just to afford my anti-rad treatments, and gather as much food as I can from plants and animals. The only part I don't like I how much it slashes the cost of repairs.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gyshall posted:

The one bug with Lombard is the 20 gauge glitch - the auto-shelf stocking robs you. I made a patch that works with the original or the TTW version that has a second entrance in the capitol wasteland.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My TTW save has becoming glaringly unstable and ballooned up to like 19 megs per save. Blah. I think I'm gonna load up a save straight out of the vault and cheat back over to the mojave and start "over" from there. Maybe give myself back like half the maxed out skills I had and run through the companion stuff I did already. Blaaaah.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

e: wrong FNV thread

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

The one bug with Lombard is the 20 gauge glitch - the auto-shelf stocking robs you. I made a patch that works with the original or the TTW version that has a second entrance in the capitol wasteland.

I loving knew it! I knew my ammo count was off, but just assumed I had accidentally sold some of it or something.

Does the patch need a clean save, or can I just throw it in on top of everything else?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Making a mod that replaces everything with pee, poo , turds etc

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Making a mod that replaces everything with pee, poo , turds etc

Where do I donate to your patreon?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Canemacar posted:

I loving knew it! I knew my ammo count was off, but just assumed I had accidentally sold some of it or something.

Does the patch need a clean save, or can I just throw it in on top of everything else?

Should be able to just throw it in there.

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011
I've abandoned my first vanilla run (Ultimate Edition) months ago. What keeps me away is the back and forth between containers to store and retrieve items.

What is the best way to get an unlimited inventory, without breaking the game/saves?

(not reading anything prior itt lol)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You could console yourself 9999 carry weight.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

What is the best way to get an unlimited inventory, without breaking the game
Console command: ModAV carryweight #. With # being the large numer of your choice.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you must have a mod, there are several Bags of Holding on the Nexus, but this one seems like the best one.

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011
Will try, thanks!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

I've abandoned my first vanilla run (Ultimate Edition) months ago. What keeps me away is the back and forth between containers to store and retrieve items.

What is the best way to get an unlimited inventory, without breaking the game/saves?

(not reading anything prior itt lol)

I'm the opposite. I love going on a run through a vault or something, then hauling everything back and sorting it out into the various containers at my home base.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone played Run the Lucky 38 much? I feel like it might be causing my saves issues. The more I get into the mod the more random crashes I seem to have.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Would anyone be able to reupload the Secret Stash mod?

The Mega link in the list was removed or expired, and there doesn't seem to be any other working links anywhere else that I can find either.

I love that mod and I'm 99% done with modding New Vegas again, just need that missing piece to finish the puzzle.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Penakoto posted:

Would anyone be able to reupload the Secret Stash mod?
The Mega link in the list was removed or expired, and there doesn't seem to be any other working links anywhere else that I can find either.
Here's the latest one.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Thanks a lot!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Anyone played Run the Lucky 38 much? I feel like it might be causing my saves issues. The more I get into the mod the more random crashes I seem to have.

The more I got into the mod the more I desperately wanted to not play it more lol

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

The more I got into the mod the more I desperately wanted to not play it more lol

Ayyy

Yeah it seemed cool at first but I'm thinking I'm just gonna ditch it (and install heists instead)

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Is it possible to have weapons with a secondary fire in the game engine? Like, primary fire is just shooting, secondary would shoot a grenade, like in Half Life or something.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

drkeiscool posted:

Is it possible to have weapons with a secondary fire in the game engine? Like, primary fire is just shooting, secondary would shoot a grenade, like in Half Life or something.
You could have a hotkey that launches a grenade. But that would require a lot of complicated scripting. It would be simpler to have a "switch firing mode" hotkey that removes the bullet version of the rifle, gives you a grenade launching on and vice versa.

Alternatively I'm pretty sure you could add grenades to the rifle's ammo list and then you could swap between firing bullets & grenades using the vanilla change ammo key. But the obvious problem with that is that you'd have both bullets and grenade coming out of the same barrel.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 2, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Raygereio posted:

You could have a hotkey that launches a grenade. But that would require a lot of complicated scripting. It would be simpler to have a "switch firing mode" hotkey that removes the bullet version of the rifle, gives you a grenade launching on and vice versa.

Alternatively I'm pretty sure you could add grenades to the rifle's ammo list and then you could swap between firing bullets & grenades using the vanilla change ammo key. But the obvious problem with that is that you'd have both bullets and grenade coming out of the same barrel.

There are already mods with a hotkey for throwing grenades. I know it's part of Project Nevada, but I think there are standalone versions as well.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I think he's talking about having a gun fire an underbarrel grenade launcher or something, which sounds waaay more difficult to script than PN's "This hotkey equips a grenade, throws it, and switches back to your last equipped weapon with one button press" thing.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Raygereio posted:

Psycho Landlord posted:

I think he's talking about having a gun fire an underbarrel grenade launcher or something, which sounds waaay more difficult to script than PN's "This hotkey equips a grenade, throws it, and switches back to your last equipped weapon with one button press" thing.

Combine these two ideas and that's about what you'll probably have to do. Use the "switch to grenade and then immediately switch back" function but instead switch to the secondary-fire version of the gun then switch back to the regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Is there a common sense reason why a radio station mod might cut off every single song at around two to five seconds? I'm playing the TTW version of Mantis Imperative and discovered that problem. Is it worth it to try tweaking that in FNVedit?