Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gomis got 20 goals in Ligue 1 it's a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thirteenth Step posted:

arsenal are paying a lot of money for a striker who has nearly the same goals per game as giroud but in an inferior league

it's mad alright op

Giroud starts over him for the French team :thumbsup:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
yes Wenger is a fraud

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Hakan Calhanoglu is apparently in Milan for his medical with Milan tomorrow, €20m transfer fee.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Same but for United. One Lindelöf isn't nearly enough for what the team needs. Yes there's still time but the feeling of deja vu from the summer of Fellaini is ominous.

United have been linked to every single player in the world and the window just officially opened today. Calm your balls.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jose posted:

newcastle should sign some players imo

Surely there must be another Ameobi around somewhere?

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Moktaro posted:

Surely there must be another Ameobi around somewhere?

They already have him

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sunday Mirror report Arsenal are bidding £125m for Mbappe :chloe:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Mbappe is joining Liverpool.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United have been linked to every single player in the world and the window just officially opened today. Calm your balls.

United are linked to every single player in the world every summer. This year there were obviously some targets like Griezmann which fell through and frankly I don't have much faith in Woodward & co to begin with, much less to recover.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Willy Caballero to Chelsea's bench is a done deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40466921

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The Ox has rejected a final contract offer at Arsenal, and is apparently willing to run his contract down and leave for free next year.

I'd take him for £25m. He won't start every game but with domestic and European fixtures he could easily get 30 games, and can fill in a number of positions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol he can't stay fit for 30 games

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He can if you give him red meat.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

The Ox has rejected a final contract offer at Arsenal, and is apparently willing to run his contract down and leave for free next year.

I'd take him for £25m. He won't start every game but with domestic and European fixtures he could easily get 30 games, and can fill in a number of positions.

That's a hell of an Englishman tax for a player in the final year of his contract with injury problems who has never actually looked like a top top top player.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

vyelkin posted:

That's a hell of an Englishman tax for a player in the final year of his contract with injury problems who has never actually looked like a top top top player.

I remember Arsenal scouting him and everyone being surprised that they picked the 16 year old with no real ability beyond a decent (for a 16 year old) cross and not Lallana.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

vyelkin posted:

He's 23 so plenty of time for him to develop still, and Klopp has a proven track record of turning average players into great players. Injury concerns are a bit meh but Arsenal have a long history of loving up players so a change of backroom staff might fix them.

£25m for a 23 year old versatile English international with Champions League experience seems about right in today's market.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I like the ox

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I like the Ox but I wouldn't pay more than £10m for him

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
A reminder that we sold Jordon Ibe for £15m last year.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

He's 23 so plenty of time for him to develop still, and Klopp has a proven track record of turning average players into great players. Injury concerns are a bit meh but Arsenal have a long history of loving up players so a change of backroom staff might fix them.

£25m for a 23 year old versatile English international with Champions League experience seems about right in today's market.

At 23 he should be approaching his peak as an attacking player, not still be raw with work to do.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ninpo posted:

At 23 he should be approaching his peak as an attacking player, not still be raw with work to do.

Hmm.

Hmmmmmm.

Nope.

That's not in defense of the Ox but the average football player, who peaks when they're around 26-30.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 34 and I have yet to peak and receive my international call-up, so it's all possible

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ninpo posted:

This is becoming the norm (with players being written off before they're 25) but I don't think it's necessarily true. There's plenty of players who have only kicked on after 25.

tarbrush posted:

I like the Ox but I wouldn't pay more than £10m for him

£10m in today's market will barely get you a Championship-level player. Also:

Xabi posted:

A reminder that we sold Jordon Ibe for £15m last year.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I said approaching his peak, not winning balloon doors ffs.

"Plenty of time for him to develop still" isn't really encouraging when used in the context of a player that's been in the first team squad of a top four club for several seasons and has been playing first team football since what, 16 at Southampton?

Wingers don't tend to have a massive shelf life given that pace is a big part of their game so we're not talking about a player with at least 10 years of plying his trade still ahead of him.

A move is the right thing for him, he's clearly stagnated at Arsenal.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

EvilHawk posted:

This is becoming the norm (with players being written off before they're 25) but I don't think it's necessarily true. There's plenty of players who have only kicked on after 25.

£10m in today's market will barely get you a Championship-level player. Also:

Fair points both. Even so, £25M still seems ludicrous.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ox, walcott and giroud should all get a move on. whatever the status quo is isn't really working for them

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I like having Ox around, but he must want an absolute ton of money if Arsenal are just done negotiating with him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

despite having a bunch of keepers of varying quality we're now being linked with Hart. He's an upgrade but we could do with some other players more

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ninpo posted:

"Plenty of time for him to develop still" isn't really encouraging when used in the context of a player that's been in the first team squad of a top four club for several seasons and has been playing first team football since what, 16 at Southampton?

This is exactly it. When you have a player who has been getting the amount of game time he has at premier league, european and international football and yet still hasnt added anything to his game or shown signs of progressing beyond his current abilty

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

despite having a bunch of keepers of varying quality we're now being linked with Hart. He's an upgrade but we could do with some other players more

Yeah this is a bit of a weird one, maybe Lejeune will finally sign this week

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/WBA/status/881528557679325184

RIP

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i can't understand why an actually good team hasn't signed bacca yet op

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
'The Sport Bible' on Facebook is claiming Lacazzette to Arsenal is a done deal and Mahrez to Arsenal will happen next week :allears:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
placing my bets now

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

:jerry:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

poo poo Farm posted:

i can't understand why an actually good team hasn't signed bacca yet op

he old

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I agree that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had plenty of time to show where his ceiling is after 200+ professional games and is unlikely to step up to some new elite level if he moves clubs. The very best players have usually shown themselves by that age, I can't think of anyone in this era who started young, had plenty of top level experience, then suddenly got much better at 24/25 than they were at 22/23.

But he's a decent player and worth having, I'd be fine with another experienced winger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

diego costa suddenly became really good around that age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Didier Drogba

• Locked thread