Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The Dragonball universe will never be safe until someone kills Zen-Oh Sama. Like him and the God of destruction are the biggest existential threats in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm glad to see Gohan's brilliant plan of "stand around in a big group looking somewhere between terrified and lost" has already proven to be worth absolutely dick.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Look, this is all moot. It's canon that whatever happens after history changes has no bearing on the timeline the time traveller came from, and it's a fundamental element of the Cell saga. Zen-oh's will has nothing to do with any of it, especially considering creating the alternate timeline caused an alternate version of Zen-oh to exist.

Okay you can keep saying that it's canon but like, that doesn't excuse it being very bad writing. Which is kind of my original complaint. There's no actual reason for this alternate Zen-oh to care/not care about destroying the universes, because nothing actually happened to change what Zen-oh would do.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lupus Rufus posted:

Zeno could be so enthralled with the fight that he's like "waaaait, you wanna kill them all? no gently caress that, this is so much fun! let's just keep making the mortals think we're gonna wipe them out on a moment's notice and keep having this game!"
This is what is going to happen, one way or the other.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cabbit posted:

I'm glad to see Gohan's brilliant plan of "stand around in a big group looking somewhere between terrified and lost" has already proven to be worth absolutely dick.

I mean Goku almost was thrown off the ring because he had no one to back him up and someone took him by surprise. All of the fighters in the circle are fine.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lupus Rufus posted:

Zeno could be so enthralled with the fight that he's like "waaaait, you wanna kill them all? no gently caress that, this is so much fun! let's just keep making the mortals think we're gonna wipe them out on a moment's notice and keep having this game!"

The Dragon Games

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Covok posted:

I mean Goku almost was thrown off the ring because he had no one to back him up and someone took him by surprise. All of the fighters in the circle are fine.

It's a good strat that was dumbed to fail because the protags are idiots.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's a good strat that was dumbed to fail because the protags are idiots.

I don't know if that was a typo, but if it was it's an appropriate one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cabbit posted:

I don't know if that was a typo, but if it was it's an appropriate one.

Autocorrect makes weird choices sometimes, but yeah appropriate .

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Covok posted:

The Dragonball universe will never be safe until someone kills Zen-Oh Sama. Like him and the God of destruction are the biggest existential threats in the series.
Maybe Bulma can put the entire universe into an Absolutely Safe Capsule.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

lezard_valeth posted:

To be fair, Poison wolf tied with Dad Form Gohan, Bergamo jobbed against Goku and Basil jobbed against Majin Buu, and even then he pushed him into getting serious which counts as an achivement in a way.

By no accounts were they weak, they just got pitted against some of the strongest of U7. Not every warrior from the Tournament is Gohan/Majin Buu level.

Gohan's not even top 5 in his universe

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm also calling it. Frieza hate for saiyans lands him a quick victory, beating the hell out of Cabba and Caulifla. Thanks to U6's tame as hell insults prompting anger, Frieza will mold Kale into a bonafide Broly

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DragonBallSUper

is good

- Posted from my godPad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saagonsa posted:

And Zen-oh also said that he would hold the tournament, and he forgot incredibly quickly. I wouldn't doubt that he would just constantly forget to delete the bad universes for eternity of someone didn't have the guts to try and remind him.

That's a child for you, after the Tournament of Power both of them are going to get god spinners and forget to erase the losing universes.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I'm looking forward to watching all of the fighters plop awkwardly next to their gods after they fall off the edge.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Covok posted:

All of that was 1 minute. That means...only 47 episodes to go until the tournament is over.

Possibly, but this is an anime where the timer is also explicitly linked to a giant pillar which has been described as being made of material which is definitely too strong for mortals to damage. I'd be surprised if said pillar doesn't end up getting cut in half or otherwise destroyed in such a way that the fight becomes indefinite until only one team remains. Alternately, there's a surprise anticlimax where someone hits the pillar hard enough to slam it into the ground early while their team is in the lead.

On another note, I guess the one wolf guy went from attempting to get revenge on Gohan as part of a coordinated attack to going after Goku as part of an entirely different coordinated attack within the span of a single minute without any real explanation as to why? Time dilation is going to get really weird.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just waiting for Tien to go gently caress it, and vaporize the stage. LAST MAN TO FALL WINS

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

I'm just waiting for Tien to go gently caress it, and vaporize the stage. LAST MAN TO FALL WINS

Kikoho probably isn't strong enough to break the stage.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Seeric posted:

On another note, I guess the one wolf guy went from attempting to get revenge on Gohan as part of a coordinated attack to going after Goku as part of an entirely different coordinated attack within the span of a single minute without any real explanation as to why? Time dilation is going to get really weird.

I 100% believe that was the animators fukin up.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Carlosologist posted:

It may be a no-kill tournament, but you can certainly Frieza your opponent; it's Dragonball, everyone is crazy durable if they're not human

Krillin should just be kienzaning limbs off holy poo poo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Spoilers: Nothing happened

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

GT is an awful series and no dub can ever fix it, but goddammit Mi Corazón Encantado is one of my favourite songs ever and I can listen to it at any point without feeling any sort of shame in knowing where it came from. The original Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku is great too, but Mi Corazón Encantado just has the perfect mix of being a genuinely great song and having all that nostalgia. I need to link to it and listen to it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTC2DrY1yw

What an amazing song for an amazingly terrible series.

I'm nostalgia biased, what with it being the original language I watched it in, but the latin american dub does have really good opening/ending renditions. My personal favorite is Angeles Fuimos. Not only is it catchy but the lyrics are also very uplifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD8J-kazh-Y

edit: Adrian Barba is legendary, he even made an unnoficial fandub for Super's 2nd opening 3 months before the official latin dub for Super was announced. Dude is one of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXDSsMzF_QE

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 2, 2017

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm nostalgia biased, what with it being the original language I watched it in, but the latin american dub does have really good opening/ending renditions. My personal favorite is Angeles Fuimos. Not only is it catchy but the lyrics are also very uplifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD8J-kazh-Y

edit: Adrian Barba is legendary, he even made an unnoficial fandub for Super's 2nd opening 3 months before the official latin dub for Super was announced. Dude is one of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXDSsMzF_QE

the kinda video that makes you wanna learn a little Spanish.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
There is a pig man who is Yokozuna from street fighter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you know what this anime needs more of? food talk

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

you know what this anime needs more of? food talk
You know what was a good episode of Super? That one that contrasted Goku and co. having a jovial feast in the present with Future Trunks and Mai being happy to have found, inside a half destroyed building, an unopened can of meat, talking about how grateful they were that it wasn't dog food this time.

Super is good y'all.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 2, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

You know what was a good episode of Super? That one that contrasted Goku and co. having a jovial feast in the present with Future Trunks and Mai being happy to have found, inside a half destroyed building, an unopened can of meat, talking about how grateful they were that it wasn't dog food this time.

Super is good y'all.

Yeah, just too bad that all of that pathos and character development wound up meaning nothing because everyone and everything in that timeline was destroyed.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Yeah, just too bad that all of that pathos and character development wound up meaning nothing because everyone and everything in that timeline was destroyed.

Mai and Trunks survived and lets face it, everyone else was irrelevant anyway.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

tbp posted:

i mean other combatants, and not one another. caulifa vs goku would own

My one hope is that Caulifla sees Goku go blue and then casually does the same.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

a cartoon duck posted:

My one hope is that Caulifla sees Goku go blue and then casually does the same.

I hope that happens and it has a dumb explanation like "you have to focus your energy on your bum" so people get pissed again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I'm looking forward to watching all of the fighters plop awkwardly next to their gods after they fall off the edge.

"Plan didn't work" wad my favorite line of the episode.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

That was good, I am fine with namek time for the moment, especially if each fighter gets their own bit before being eliminated.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the namek time is pretty silly and I don't know why they insist on bringing up how much time is left this arc

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

I would absolutely let him babysit my kids if I had any and he was real.

You are gonna regret this when he turns them into amoral universe destroying board game fanatics.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

reignofevil posted:

You are gonna regret this when he turns them into amoral universe destroying board game fanatics.

But that's the default state of being a child?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lupus Rufus posted:

It's just going to be a yearly thing. Or every 5 years kinda thing. They'll do the tournament and in return they don't get wiped out. It could also factor in to universe rankings.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wuxi posted:

Mai and Trunks survived and lets face it, everyone else was irrelevant anyway.

Future Bulma died in vain and she didn't even get to enjoy the afterlife, because the idiot child that rules over everything destroyed it.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It's just going to be a yearly thing. Or every 5 years kinda thing. They'll do the tournament and in return they don't get wiped out. It could also factor in to universe rankings.

That's where I think all of this is ultimately going. It seems to me like the Grand Priest isn't evil and just wants to get everyone in line.

With this he gets to show Zeno that the universes are fun and worth keeping around even if some they involve some boring work and he gets to convince the gods to actually start doing their jobs instead of just bickering with each other since nothing short of threatening them with their own destruction seems like it will work. He's already taken an opportunity right before the tournament to humble the gods from the higher ranking universes by letting them fight and 'unexpectedly' break the arena in the process so that they would be fixing it in front of everyone else.

Zeno is fickle enough that the threat has some real weight and the Grand Priest is good enough at babysitting to ensure that never happens.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i havent watched so far but i'm a midge fed up with beerus and whis and everyone else talking about ramen and poo poo, i dont care!! i want to see big boom booms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

yea that's what I was thinking during this episode as well

it'd also set the stage for goku to lose at the end. hell, they could run a parallel to og dragon ball and have goku lose 2 tournaments before winning the last one at the end of the series

• Locked thread