Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
also like $0.99 every steam sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster posted:

E.Y.E. is very good

no in-game map tho

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

also like $0.99 every steam sale

$3.99 this go-around. yeah could have sworn i paid less than that for it (edit: $2.49! 5 goddamn years ago sheesh)

whatever it's a loving riot and that image really is a completely perfect description of the game

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no in-game map tho

who cares

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

there is no map that can help you navigate EYE

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
Is EBN cyberpunk enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZsKWV4mDo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

in the sense that 2 seconds into that video i wished monomolecular wire existed

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wikipedia posted:

Frank Herbert later described shigawire in his Dune novels. First making its appearance in Dune (1965), shigawire is a metallic extrusion produced naturally from a ground vine found on the planets Salusa Secundus and III Delta Kaising. It varies in diameter from approximately 1.5 cm down to monomolecular (micronic) diameters, and is notable for its incredible tensile and mechanical strength. Shigawire is able to cut through almost any material cleanly, possessing edges that are incredibly sharp. It is a weapon of choice for assassins.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

unacceptable

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if this image was a game i'd play it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
gently caress you you're the hobo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

there's a bar in brooklyn now with this

a e s t h e t i c

that I dig

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this isnt even a fraction of the games craziness. I got hacked by an atm and it took my legs offline, and a camera gave me audiovisual hallucinations when i failed once

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Crusader posted:

there's a bar in brooklyn now with this

a e s t h e t i c

that I dig

greenPOS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

plz dont doxx my wife

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

molly millions origin story was that she won @ maccy's monopoly

boardwalk on her cup and park place on her john's

poor rube never saw it coming as she'd replaced his with a baltic avenue from the kid at the next table by the time he got back from the can

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

syscall girl posted:

poor rube never saw it coming as she'd replaced his with a baltic avenue from the kid at the next table by the time he got back from the can

that would have been tremendous

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is that dyed hair or a wig?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

is that dyed hair or a wig?

not even remotely possible that grew out of her head

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
wig for sure

and not an expensive one either

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

text me

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
p much any time you find yourself wondering "is that a wig?" its a wig

(also applies to toupees and hairpieces)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
no poo poo. full body cyborgs don't grow hair moron

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

also The Silver Case and 2064: Read Only Memories are both very cyberpunk
Read Only Memories is good but for the love of god turn off the voice acting. I beat it before they "upgraded" it and came back and ignoring Turing (who has a pretty good voice) it sounds like the devs rounded up a bunch of random people off the street.

And it didn't work like it did for System Shock 2.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

motoko foodsanagi

syscall girl posted:

:capitalism:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fabricated posted:

Read Only Memories is good but for the love of god turn off the voice acting. I beat it before they "upgraded" it and came back and ignoring Turing (who has a pretty good voice) it sounds like the devs rounded up a bunch of random people off the street.

And it didn't work like it did for System Shock 2.

that seems to be the case for most small team indie games. take the dreadful va for freedom planet for example

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

that seems to be the case for most small team indie games. take the dreadful va for freedom planet for example

i kind of wish they wouldn't bother and just spend the money on making something else better

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

my favorite in freedom planet is the audio for the male you rescue. he sounds like a skype call

e: good game and excellent soundtrack tho

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I got a 4 hour train journey coming up. What's a non-terrible cyberpunk novel i can waste my time with?
i've read gibson's sprawl stuff, snow crash, altered carbon and sequels. Is gibson's modern stuff any good?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

communism bitch posted:

I got a 4 hour train journey coming up. What's a non-terrible cyberpunk novel i can waste my time with?
i've read gibson's sprawl stuff, snow crash, altered carbon and sequels. Is gibson's modern stuff any good?

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi?

If you him, he also has a nother book about near-future water drought where Arizona gets hosed called The Water Knife hwich was good, but thats not cyberpunk

also I dont consider it cyberpunk heavy, but I liked Nexus by Ramez Naan where people develop a drug to turn their brain into a like a computer with peer2peer brainnetworking and stuff

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

communism bitch posted:

I posted this in the sci-fi thread the other day:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

random pick from my backlog; started Hardwired by Jon Walter Williams - only 10% in but it's a nearly pitch-perfect early Gibson/Sterling Cyberpunker, even now I'd say buy it and read along with me if you liked Sprawl Gibson at all.

I will post again if it suddenly goes off the rails :o:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

communism bitch posted:

I got a 4 hour train journey coming up. What's a non-terrible wizardpunk novel i can waste my time with?

gibson's stuff is all good; the bigend trilogy is worth reading even if it was basically set in the present when written (and is now set super deep in the dark past when people had powerpc ibooks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

• Locked thread