Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys, Manny Pacquiao is fighting on ESPN tonight against in a more competitive match than Mayweather/McGregor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow great I'll be sure to check that out

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow great I'll be sure to check that out

lmfao no one cracks me up like you keven. never die please.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Im never going to.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Floyd -650, Conor +425
Pac -600, Horn +400

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Floyd -650, Conor +425
Pac -600, Horn +400

oh my god

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Floyd -650, Conor +425
Pac -600, Horn +400

Not nearly as many dumb aussies as there are dumb mma fans i guess

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lid posted:

oh my god

let me put it this way:
Floyd has an 86.7% chance of winning, according to oddsmakers
Pac has an 85.7%

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, but that's stupid, so who cares

neonburzt
Jul 25, 2010

Intruder posted:

Samuel L Jackson has already starred in the movie where the dominant black champion faces some irish dude who doesn't belong in the ring with him and america convinces itself that the irish dude stands a chance

I was thinking of that same movie too:

The Great White Hype

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

neonburzt posted:

I was thinking of that same movie too:

The Great White Hype

Starring Peter Berg, who went on to be a pretty well regarded director, and also the guy who directed 'Battleship'

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Floyd -650, Conor +425
Pac -600, Horn +400

Heh

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Floyd -650, Conor +425
Pac -600, Horn +400

Well, Horn just won by robbery so I guess hope the judges have some money on Conor winning.

Edit: vvv Oh yea, what the hell am I thinking?

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 2, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mayweather/McGregor isn't going to make it to the judges.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jeff Horn should fight McGregor imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

let me put it this way:
Floyd has an 86.7% chance of winning, according to oddsmakers
Pac has an 85.7%

:)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Jeff Horn should fight McGregor imo

I am ok with this

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neither I nor anyone else actually watches boxing, but did Jeremy Horn actually win or was it just a bad decision?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Neither I nor anyone else actually watches boxing, but did Jeremy Horn actually win or was it just a bad decision?

It was pretty surprising when Joe Horn used the Camel Clutch on Pacquiao but that's combat sports for you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fat Twitter Man posted:

it opened up the door for Conor!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

It was a pretty shockingly bad decision

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Justin Horn whipped that rear end

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Boxings old guard is dying. Floyd, manny... young blood coming

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

floyd and manny are the young blood

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bernard hopkins is still going strong work friend

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Jose posted:

If Floyd looks anything like Hopkins in his last fight Conor will uppercut him and his head will fly up like a pez dispenser and then the rest of his body will snap up to meet his head like a rubber band and he'll twirl in a backflip motion several times before falling straight down on his back with X's over his eyes into a grave shaped hole in the canvas with a flower in his hand and then Conor will chew on a carrot and say nyaa that's all folks

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Jose posted:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

handsome only face posted:

If Floyd looks anything like Hopkins in his last fight Conor will uppercut him and his head will fly up like a pez dispenser and then the rest of his body will snap up to meet his head like a rubber band and he'll twirl in a backflip motion several times before falling straight down on his back with X's over his eyes into a grave shaped hole in the canvas with a flower in his hand and then Conor will chew on a carrot and say nyaa that's all folks

Floyd could go on a horrible Gary Goodridge-esque late career losing streak and still box circles around Conor

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

you would have to be brain damaged to think a box is a circle for sure

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

handsome only face posted:

you would have to be brain damaged to think a box is a circle for sure

What now bitch?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe they should fight in an octagon to make it fair i'm sure twice as many sides will confuse mayweather

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Boxing fans all saying Horn didn't have a chance and he kicks that little Filipino's rear end all over that ring. Shows what they know. Conor McGregor is younger, hits harder, has better coaches and higher fight IQ, and is just plain smarter than the brute Floyd Mayweather, whose biggest win is against a Filipino twink who just got murdered by a school teacher. Bet the house on Conor; I know I will.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

The SituAsian posted:

What now bitch?

I think that circle is a box and I have brain damage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this would be cheating mcgregor's shins wouldn't stand a chance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

look mum, no hands

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why would anyone ever fight b hop? Madness.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Boxing fans all saying Horn didn't have a chance and he kicks that little Filipino's rear end all over that ring. Shows what they know. Conor McGregor is younger, hits harder, has better coaches and higher fight IQ, and is just plain smarter than the brute Floyd Mayweather, whose biggest win is against a Filipino twink who just got murdered by a school teacher. Bet the house on Conor; I know I will.

Thank you for talking sense to this bitter "boxheads"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Thank you for talking sense to this bitter "boxheads"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

First watermelons, now heads? What won't japanese people raise in a frame to force it into a more workable shape?

• Locked thread