Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Oh, and the correct answer is the Wayne's World movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Titan A.E. would be a totally rad movie but for one reason:

the soundtrack is atrociously, abominably, obnoxiously terrible

holy gently caress is it bad. A mix of totally out of place utterly forgettable techno drums/n bass crap that would suck apart from a movie

I'M IN
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAD
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAD
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. I'm honestly amazed my parents didn't drown me in the bathtub.
When I first heard of Power Rangers in First Grade I immediately thought that the show was dumb, and avoided it like the plague.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

communist kangaroo posted:

the antagonist was made of purple Nickelodeon slime and I feel like that eagle zord trying to imitate metro tracks would have murdered everyone on that train

Falcon zord

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

I'M IN
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAD
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAD
OVER MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

I listened to a lot of Lit back in the day. And they're still listenable. :colbert:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Biodome

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Ghostbusters

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bob James posted:

Ghostbusters
I dug Ghostbusters for all the toys and poo poo, but I never knew what adults at the time saw in the movie as a comedy back in '84. I mean it's good, but it's not a laugh riot or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grouchio posted:

When I first heard of Power Rangers in First Grade I immediately thought that the show was dumb, and avoided it like the plague.
You missed out. It owns pretty hard when you're a kid. It is indeed dumb as poo poo.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Lost World novel was cool. Maybe the movie would have been good if it used more than 5% of the material from the book

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lost in Space

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

The Faculty

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

Lost in Space

I legit like the theme song for this movie.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Once Upon a Forest

It turns out that the plot, upon closer inspection, makes no sense at all.

e: also small woodland creatures being suffocated by chlorine gas

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Starman Super DX posted:

Once Upon a Forest

It turns out that the plot, upon closer inspection, makes no sense at all.

e: also small woodland creatures being suffocated by chlorine gas

it is also a children's movie
Welp that was supposed to be a second edit. My bad.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Jabberlock posted:

I watched A Knight's Tale a lot, mostly because it was the only medieval movie we owned and I loved that stuff. It's not really a terrible movie, just a corny and aggressively mediocre one. The result though was I was a Heath Ledger fan before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

A Knight's Tale is a very solid and really fun fantasy comedy, actually, and it never takes itself seriously which is part of the charm. It's legit funny too!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

There was a time when this was the greatest thing I had ever seen

https://youtu.be/SDFlRsDIAd4

I only saw The Stupids once in theaters as a kid and absolutely loved it. Have never been able to find a copy to watch again as an adult to see just how bad it actually is.

Crazily enough, I recognized the music from that trailer as being music from the Mortal Kombat soundtrack of all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFlRsDIAd4&t=30s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YKG25oYl8A&t=42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFlRsDIAd4&t=41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL0cic2_dw&t=9s

:psyduck:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Vakal posted:

Starship Troopers...

It really wasn't. They pretty much just paid to use the title to ward off an eventual lawsuit.

Oh god don't be that kind of stupid, not here.

It was the best mockery of Fascism by someone who lived through it first-hand, to take down a Fascism Rah-Rah sci-fi-fi trash.

It was glorious, and every moment is perfect.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Willow

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

thoughts and prayers posted:

It was the best mockery of Fascism by someone who lived through it first-hand, to take down a Fascism Rah-Rah sci-fi-fi trash.

It was glorious, and every moment is perfect.

wait what was showgirls about

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Everyone having AIDS n' poo poo

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

That damned girl chicken from rockadoodle may have been what triggered my sexual awakening. maybe not but at the same time maybe so

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I thought The Faculty was really cool, still think it should've gotten more attention. I liked that to defeat the aliens, you need to cook/deal drugs first.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I never got around to the faculty until last year and for a deliberate b movie it's not half bad. Although it does have the lesbian admit she loves cock and strongly implies that the lead is loving his English teacher by the end.

I also dig the theory that the movie is a failed sacrifice attempt by those assholes in Cabin in the Woods. They even refer to a US failure the year the faculty came out.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Superman

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Godzilla vs Megalon

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
When I was a kid, my mom was obsessed with "Adventures in Babysitting" so I've probably seen it at least 150 times. I didn't really get tired of it because Elisabeth Shue is smoking hot. Anyone seen it recently?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My parents rented us Nukie from the public library when I was a kid. But even back then I knew it was extremely bad.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold

I loved this loving movie because I thought james earl jones with his axe was so cool

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Doggles posted:

I only saw The Stupids once in theaters as a kid and absolutely loved it. Have never been able to find a copy to watch again as an adult to see just how bad it actually is.

Crazily enough, I recognized the music from that trailer as being music from the Mortal Kombat soundtrack of all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFlRsDIAd4&t=30s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YKG25oYl8A&t=42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFlRsDIAd4&t=41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL0cic2_dw&t=9s

:psyduck:

my wife loved the stupids as a kid, apparently its based on some kids books that her younger brother used to love, and every now and again we'll get really lit with my father in law and toss in the dvd

it still holds up (at least at 4+ beers deep, idk), i mean most of the jokes are "look at how dumb these people actually named 'the stupids' are" so there's not a lot to age poorly there

Vakal
May 11, 2008

thoughts and prayers posted:

Suck my rear end:

wikipedia on Starship Troopers (film) posted:

The film started life as a script called Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine.[2] When similarities, especially the "bugs", were pointed out between this and the novel Starship Troopers, plans were made to license the rights to the book and tweak character names and circumstances to match. Verhoeven had never read the book, and attempted to read it for the film, but it made him "bored and depressed", so he read only a few chapters:

I stopped after two chapters because it was so boring,...It is really quite a bad book. I asked Ed Neumeier to tell me the story because I just couldn't read the thing. It's a very right-wing book.[6]

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Quest for the Mighty Sword

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i friggin LOVED mission impossible 2. the mask fakeouts, the motorcycle wheelies, all of it

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Any Star Trek movie.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Vakal posted:

Suck my rear end:

doesn't really refute his point. verhoeven probably didn't finish reading it, but was aware of its tone and what it tried to accomplish.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Robokomodo posted:

When I was a kid, my mom was obsessed with "Adventures in Babysitting" so I've probably seen it at least 150 times. I didn't really get tired of it because Elisabeth Shue is smoking hot. Anyone seen it recently?

Adventures in Babysitting owns and is on Netflix.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mike12345 posted:

doesn't really refute his point. verhoeven probably didn't finish reading it, but was aware of its tone and what it tried to accomplish.

The main point was how it was originally titled Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine then changed to Starship Troopers later.

Trying to get into Paul Verhoeven's mind about why he does anything is just an exercise in madness.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There was a movie I rented called like cartoon all stars to the rescue it had a bunch of different cartoon characters trying to save some kid from doing drugs

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

There was a movie I rented called like cartoon all stars to the rescue it had a bunch of different cartoon characters trying to save some kid from doing drugs

I had to watch this in various anti-drug and DARE programs as a kid. My favorite part is the older brother's "DRUG BOX" which contains a number of mystery objects that he clearly uses to administer the nefarious drugs into his system.
Oh and the kids at the arcade offering him crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Vakal posted:

The main point was how it was originally titled Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine then changed to Starship Troopers later.

Trying to get into Paul Verhoeven's mind about why he does anything is just an exercise in madness.

Either way it's a good movie that accomplished exactly what it meant to

• Locked thread