Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
it took me 1 hour and 50 minutes, but i completed kz_gy_agitation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
gob b must be one of the only old players that has been on an upward trajectory across their entire CS:GO playtime. Form has gone way up and down, but there is a clear 0.1+ rating improvement across time. Every time I've seen him recently he's been playing really well. Across the PGL Minor and the Main Qualifier, his rating on average has been 1.18. For a player who for like 2 years was a consistent 0.7/0.8 rating player that's pretty loving nuts.

My guess is he's siphoning geriatric CS power from TaZ.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
He did do insanely well in their last game.

Looking forward to penta stickers if all goes well! Hopefully mouz and penta get in.

E: and maybe I spoke too soon

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 1, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
his rating looks improved because HLTV changed their system, but he's definitely having a good month. I still see him whiff some hilariously easy shots from time to time though

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

stump collector posted:

I still see him whiff some hilariously easy shots from time to time though

i mean this can apply to any player (except for nik0 and ropz)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah I mean everyone is going to whiff shots at some point, especially when you play as many games as they do.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
well

gob b whiffs more

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I played this last night and I went to defuse in a 1 v 3 and instead of tossing a smoke I tossed a molotov. I'm super good at this game.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bohemian Nights posted:

since i've stepped down from my league/pug team due to real life stuff and the fact that I've gotten old, bad, incredibly slow and lost the youthful exuberance required to counteract that, this is possibly my last vidja

Pfft old and slow, experience counts for far more than being a few ms quicker in a tossup frag engagement. But life does come first.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Flipsid3 getting super-hosed right now like goddamn.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah Flipside got completely pooped on by Cloud9, wowee.

Also Immortals came back from 12-3 to beat Godsent 16-14. Been a pretty entertaining qualifier to watch.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

flipside destined to eliminate immortals.

putting in my buy order now for 100 stewie2k stickers.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I want one of those blank n0thing stickers.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

ArfJason posted:

it took me 1 hour and 50 minutes, but i completed kz_gy_agitation

now go retribution

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

BIG and Immortals to Major. gob b again top fragging somehow. Is he having the blood of young aimstars transfused into him??

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeza posted:

BIG and Immortals to Major. gob b again top fragging somehow. Is he having the blood of young aimstars transfused into him??

yea, vampirism is actually how vp has stayed on top for so long. their lulls coincide with when they suck their last upcomer dry. this is also why they are the only relevant polish team

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Also some of these Vega players are extremely strong. mir especially has been playing really well whenever I've seen him.

e: id take his blood, is what im saying

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Dignitas loving sucks

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Liquid vs F3 is like the ultimate in second tier matchups. They always seem so evenly matched, its unreal. Even with lineup changes, all their games go the distance it seems like.

e: looking good for Liquid imo

Jeza fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 2, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jeza posted:

Liquid vs F3 is like the ultimate in second tier matchups. They always seem so evenly matched, its unreal. Even with lineup changes, all their games go the distance it seems like.

e: looking good for Liquid imo

It was but drat. This is crazy.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
haha christ liquid succc

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, went F3's way. Doesn't feel exactly deserved. I think they were worse overall fractionally. Electronic is a beast though. Also EliGE needed to step up but was basically absent for most of the game.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

all is pain and darkness

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Jeza posted:

Also EliGE needed to step up but was basically absent for most of the game.

Elige killing himself in the molotov was hilarious

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Bohemian Nights posted:

Cleaned up my final bits of shadowplay footage and made a new thing

since i've stepped down from my league/pug team due to real life stuff and the fact that I've gotten old, bad, incredibly slow and lost the youthful exuberance required to counteract that, this is possibly my last vidja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNjrOxgH3Ic

google drive version in case youtube kills the soundtrack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxbGgbdr1ieJTnFCQjlhX1BRYTQ/view

:patriot: good night and good bless sir

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Has anyone run into the "Vac unable to verify session" issue? Nothing has changed on my network, I've tried verifying game files, uninstall/reinstall csgo and steam, rebooted everything, but I still can't join valve officials games (MM, casual whatever)

The only thing that I've changed recently on my computer was getting ESEA, but that was like 2 weeks ago prior to being unable to join valve official servers

inb4hurrrhaxxxx, no I don't have any sort of cheating program installed.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 3, 2017

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

MF_James posted:

Has anyone run into the "Vac unable to verify session" issue? Nothing has changed on my network, I've tried verifying game files, uninstall/reinstall csgo and steam, rebooted everything, but I still can't join valve officials games (MM, casual whatever)

The only thing that I've changed recently on my computer was getting ESEA, but that was like 2 weeks ago prior to being unable to join valve official servers

I believe that's an error caused by some antivirus programs.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

MF_James posted:

Yeah I haven't been able to play in months due to that. I tried all of what you did, as well as this, and running CS without any AV on. I gave up eventually because I don't have much time to play in the first place. Hope something works for you.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

MF_James posted:

Restarting and reinstalling CS Go fixed this for me.

EDIT: Along with running Steam as admin.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

MF_James posted:

I think there's some brand new iteration of the vac error going around

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/6kwtqn/vac_was_unable_to_verify_your_game_session_error/

time to get a smurf/alternate account if you don't already have one, I guess

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

"I only TKed him because he wouldn't give me back the gun I dropped! Why would you kick me?!"

Jesus.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember a few days ago joining a server running Agency and every once in awhile -- maybe when people voted? -- it would pop up with a message something like "VAC: fag detected" which seemed a bit off, I dont think it was a community server.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nftyw posted:

I remember a few days ago joining a server running Agency and every once in awhile -- maybe when people voted? -- it would pop up with a message something like "VAC: fag detected" which seemed a bit off, I dont think it was a community server.

you fell for the oldest trick in the book

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Anyone able to add me to the steam group - Steam-nick: refleks

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

refleks posted:

Anyone able to add me to the steam group - Steam-nick: refleks

You may want to add me since there's 554 people on Steam named refleks, so I have no idea which one is you.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You may want to add me since there's 554 people on Steam named refleks, so I have no idea which one is you.

And here I thought I was such an original.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I believe that's an error caused by some antivirus programs.

Yeah I added steam to exclusions as well and tried turning off MSE.

Beamed posted:

Restarting and reinstalling CS Go fixed this for me.

EDIT: Along with running Steam as admin.

have steam/csgo running as admin as well.

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think there's some brand new iteration of the vac error going around

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/6kwtqn/vac_was_unable_to_verify_your_game_session_error/

time to get a smurf/alternate account if you don't already have one, I guess

ughhhh the poo poo thing about smurf account is doing non-prime since I've already added my main as prime. MM is bad, it's worse in non-prime. I guess I'll just stick to community DM and then ESEA.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 4, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm being told to "get good" a lot. How do I do this? Is there a config file for it?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm being told to "get good" a lot. How do I do this? Is there a config file for it?

run the game at max 480p stretched to fullscreen and sit 1 inch away from the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

lol, this cloud9-NaVi game. Taking a short break in the middle of a game...because it's going into the 5th OT.