Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I want to play Captain Toad on the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I want to play Captain Toad on the Switch

perfect.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

10/10
Would play Captain Toads Hyrule Adventures.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Has been heroes is surprisingly very good!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scratch-O posted:

Weekly reminder that Nintendo is going to release an unfinished Star Fox sequel on a plug-and-play before they put any actual SNES games on their flagship console

A game that is actually finished, and uses the SuperFX chip. Something that hasn't be emulated in any Nintendo Virtual Console incarnation before now for various reasons (some of which are quite probably licensing-based).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean if you want to be funny about it, you can play more NES games currently on the Xbone than on the Switch.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

BOTW DLC confirmed.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

"Darksiders 2 combat--"

:yeah:

"--with touchscreen controls."

:yikes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have no comment on Bomberman gameplay-wise. Hopefully the patch is good.

My problem with it is that it is unforgivably hideous. It looks like a ton of effort from a remedial student in their first programming class or, and I was going to say zero effort from a competent designer here but I actually think a competent designer would have to put effort into making this graphical abortion look so goddamn ugly.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

why are they bothering with Metal Slug 2 instead of just doing X

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RME posted:

why are they bothering with Metal Slug 2 instead of just doing X

Why was the release schedule MS1, MS3, MS2 instead of chronologically?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Captain Toad cannot jump

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

TerraGoetia posted:

I finally got a strategy guide for Mario Kart

the gently caress

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

a.lo posted:

Captain Toad cannot jump

Looking forward to seeing someone pull off a Captain Toad (no jumps) run.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fly with me posted:

10/10
Would play Captain Toads Hyrule Adventures.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgNsmneeLQ

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Was not expecting to actually watch the entire thing. :perfect:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That's a really good picture of toad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm calling the cops.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a.lo posted:

Captain Toad cannot jump

I'd like to see you try detaching your feet from your legs, hacking them off, putting your feet onto your hips, and jumping successfully

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm calling the cops.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Been waiting months for this Zelda DLC to drop and OF COURSE I'm playing Shantae instead. Really surprised by how much I liked this given I only got it because i had spare credit. are the other two worth buying given that there's a PSN sale on right now?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pijeus posted:

Been waiting months for this Zelda DLC to drop and OF COURSE I'm playing Shantae instead. Really surprised by how much I liked this given I only got it because i had spare credit. are the other two worth buying given that there's a PSN sale on right now?

Pirate's Curse is probably the best one overall, definitely grab it. You can proooobably leave Risky's Revenge though. It's not bad, but it's originally a scaled back DSiWare game and it kinda shows.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I really liked Pirates Curse until about half-way through, when it feels like every enemy is a bit of a bullet (well, hair whip) sponge, and progress gets rather slow.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I really liked Pirates Curse until about half-way through, when it feels like every enemy is a bit of a bullet (well, hair whip) sponge, and progress gets rather slow.

Oh i hate it when games do that. Still, for 3.79 and a few hours of my time....Think I'll get both and stash em for rainy day play. Wish they were out on switch though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pijeus posted:

Oh i hate it when games do that. Still, for 3.79 and a few hours of my time....Think I'll get both and stash em for rainy day play. Wish they were out on switch though.

yeah they'd be perfect on the switch

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

This is sick and wrong.

Any character who wears pants does so because he or she has genitalia.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In a little less then three weeks we will get Splatoon 2 and be able to spray each other with sticky squid goo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

In a little less then three weeks we will get Splatoon 2 and be able to spray each other with sticky squid goo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

This it the best the thread's ever been

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Just level up/ git gud instead of scaring people away from the best game in the series.

Did you not finish? You hosed up if you didnt play it through. The platforming challenge is gameing ambrosia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlKbbUNTRg&t=132s

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Would've been better with the actual Treasure Tracker/Indiana Jones costume.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Imagined posted:

Any time a media executive pitches something like "It's ________ but dark and edgy!" they should have a jumper cable hooked to their gonads* and be shocked until they swear to never do it again. See: Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Superman, Sonic the Hedgehog, James Bond, GI Joe, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Snowboard Kids, Devil May Cry, et loving al.

*edit: must be fair to all genders

I want a dark and edgy Mario. Just to see what it's like.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dyz posted:

They made a movie and it was crap.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Dyz posted:

We already got Super Mario Bros 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I'm not mad that nintendo won this E3. At least it wasn't microsoft. I'm a sony fanboy but to me this was freaking funny. Keep up the good work. Also I'm a simple man, I see My Hero Academia and gaming company logos I click.

• Locked thread