Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

The_Rob posted:

This sounds pretty bad. There is a hero who is perfect and everyone already loves, and there isn't even a real villain? What the hell even happens in the movie do they just sit around and enjoy the weather?
Moana owns, you should watch it. Also it does have a real villain, and his name is David Bowie Crab Played by Jemaine Clement and it's amazing. Alan Tudyk also plays a minor villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I tried to watch this movie that is supposed to be some legendary horror and I was all excited for blood and guts but then some ugly broad got her period??? AND THEY SHOWED IT So I shut it off because she wouldn't plug it up.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
For me, it has to be Oz. You get to see a guys dick and he is peeing too! (I think, watched it like 5 years ago)

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yeah come on can't people make some TV that's neutral on the question of whether women are human beings? I don't need a "yes" answer shoved in my face every time I watch something. Honestly lay off the feminism everyone, I can only be told that women are people so many times before it just pisses me off. Thankfully there's plenty of anti-feminist stuff I can watch to cool off. Imagine how horrible it would be if Hollywood weren't pumping out a bunch of misogynistic poo poo to counterbalance all this feminism that's been showing up lately. I might find myself respecting women! Like holy poo poo I hope that never happens.

I never respected women before, but now that I watched a television show on Netflix I learned that women do in fact go to the bathroom to piss and do other stuff like that. Having heard the majestic sound of urine hitting that center spot of the toilet bowl thats always full of water at high pressure changed my life, and I love and respect women now, where as before I would beat them up and degrade them in public.

Honestly I just thought the politics of the show were too on the nose and I didn't enjoy it. I don't enjoy movies with gratuitous violence where it serves no purpose either. I hope that doesn't make me a a bad person in the eyes of this thread's regulars.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I didn't understand why Alson Bree peed on a stick and then got out her Junior Meth Lab kit.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Once I heard Tom Hanks audibly piss on screen, then wrote a 1,500 word screed about it

Pycckuu posted:

I never respected women before, but now that I watched a television show on Netflix I learned that women do in fact go to the bathroom to piss and do other stuff like that. Having heard the majestic sound of urine hitting that center spot of the toilet bowl thats always full of water at high pressure changed my life, and I love and respect women now, where as before I would beat them up and degrade them in public.

Honestly I just thought the politics of the show were too on the nose and I didn't enjoy it. I don't enjoy movies with gratuitous violence where it serves no purpose either. I hope that doesn't make me a a bad person in the eyes of this thread's regulars.

You watched fifteen minutes, how are you drawing these insane conclusions so definitively? Have you considered that the scene you described earlier doesn't stand out to most people? The mundane nature of the two women discussing the lack of opportunity for women in Hollywood while in the bathtoom is supposed to be a hint. It's so inescapable at this point in the show that it's not worth it to them to draw on the seriousness.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pycckuu posted:

I never respected women before

no poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This has to be the weirdest guy I have seen on the forums in a while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that is funny to me, is that I don't think the show has any agenda, especially the scene he's freaking out about. But it's something that could have very easily taken place in a mens room and there is roughly zero chance he would have taken any issue with it if it did. So in a way, the agenda he fabricated in his mind actually sort of works as a feminist statement.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

veni veni veni posted:

The thing that is funny to me, is that I don't think the show has any agenda, especially the scene he's freaking out about. But it's something that could have very easily taken place in a mens room and there is roughly zero chance he would have taken any issue with it if it did. So in a way, the agenda he fabricated in his mind actually sort of works as a feminist statement.

BUT THE SOUND OF THE PISS

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Accident Underwater posted:

Once I heard Tom Hanks audibly piss on screen, then wrote a 1,500 word screed about it

You watched fifteen minutes, how are you drawing these insane conclusions so definitively? Have you considered that the scene you described earlier doesn't stand out to most people? The mundane nature of the two women discussing the lack of opportunity for women in Hollywood while in the bathtoom is supposed to be a hint. It's so inescapable at this point in the show that it's not worth it to them to draw on the seriousness.

I don't know man, I guess I like to watch good shows. What turned me off was the three punch combo of pissing-> women get oppressed-> lactation at the gym. I think its trite and unsophisticated and does nothing to challenge me as a viewer. It doesn't contribute to the characters or the plot, and is only there because alll womyns bodies are beatufil.

I can honestly admit that I enjoyed writing about the famous pissing scenes more than I enjoyed the first 15 minutes of GLOW. Will it get better, or will there be more subtext about how shaving your legs is oppression, and maybe someone will have their period at the gym? I don't really care to find out.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'm so glad that I'm not too sophisticated to find peeing funny

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pycckuu posted:

I can honestly admit that I enjoyed writing about the famous pissing scenes more than I enjoyed the first 15 minutes of GLOW. Will it get better, or will there be more subtext about how shaving your legs is oppression, and maybe someone will have their period at the gym? I don't really care to find out.

noooo...but if you stop watching it we wont be able to hear your opinions on it anymore.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pycckuu posted:

I don't know man, I guess I like to watch good shows. What turned me off was the three punch combo of pissing-> women get oppressed-> lactation at the gym. I think its trite and unsophisticated and does nothing to challenge me as a viewer. It doesn't contribute to the characters or the plot, and is only there because alll womyns bodies are beatufil.

pycckuu get out im piss

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

I touched on this previously, but in movies and TV shows everything you are shown has a purpose. When I watch stuff I subconsciously ask "why is the movie showing/telling me this?" Typically, bathrooms are where private conversations take place (Robocop), or places where characters are vulnerable get caught with their pants down (also Robocop). Bowel movement is usually not the focus of these scenes, unless you are watching GLOW, where the point of the show seems to be that women have bodily secretions.

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe you should try to actually watch the movies you are looking at.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Pycckuu, the only one with the insight to unlock the true meaning of bathroom scenes on film

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If I ever spend more time posting about a tv show than I have spent watching the tv show and the tv show isn't Twin Peaks please kill me.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Pycckuu posted:

I touched on this previously, but in movies and TV shows everything you are shown has a purpose. When I watch stuff I subconsciously ask "why is the movie showing/telling me this?" Typically, bathrooms are where private conversations take place (Robocop), or places where characters are vulnerable get caught with their pants down (also Robocop). Bowel movement is usually not the focus of these scenes, unless you are watching GLOW, where the point of the show seems to be that women have bodily secretions.

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe you should try to actually watch the movies you are looking at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Pycckuu posted:

I understand that your freakish, clownlike micropenis makes it impossible for you to view anything involving genitalia or sexuality with any kind of baseline humanity or intellectual rigor but will you please stop flapping it about for the rest of us to see

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Let's hope Buñuel never ends up on streaming.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mover posted:

I understand that your freakish, clownlike micropenis makes it impossible for you to view anything involving genitalia or sexuality with any kind of baseline humanity or intellectual rigor but will you please stop flapping it about for the rest of us to see

You are the third goon in this thread who associates pissing with sexuality. I think I am beginning to see a trend here.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

business hammocks posted:

If I ever spend more time posting about a tv show than I have spent watching the tv show and the tv show isn't Twin Peaks please kill me.

DOUGIE GOTTA GO PEE

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Would you have liked it more if they had done a rapid snare drum sound effect instead of pee noise?

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

Would you have liked it more if they had done a rapid snare drum sound effect instead of pee noise?

I would have liked it more if the show was good, rather than bad.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Pycckuu posted:

I would have liked it more if the show was good, rather than bad.

What if it was farts instead of pee

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

What if it was farts instead of pee

He's already said it was poop for some reason twice now even though it wasn't.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This seems like a good time to mention that Netflix snuck on season 5 of Wentworth recently. I had no idea until I stumbled upon it.

It is the type of show you watch while chuckling, shaking your head, and saying "why the gently caress am I watching this"

I don't recall any pee pee or doo doo, though

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

veni veni veni posted:

He's already said it was poop for some reason twice now even though it wasn't.
Don't women poopoo out of their peepee hole? Or peepee out of their poopoo hole? Anyways women's bodily secretions are part of a feminist agenda so blazingly obvious that exposure to it burned out my film criticism corneas and rendered me blind to subtext so I had to turn it off, and also I can intuit that the rest of the show is terrible. Maybe someday a show will challenge me hard enough that I won't turn it off immediately but until then, I'm only going to watch things that challenge me. But obviously not via woman fluids, those are awful.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

What does any of this have to do with Spam

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just got to the scene in GLOW where allison brie winks at the camera and shits directly onto the lens. It was an odd choice but it was still really moving and uplifting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of gross poo poo, I'm watching the first episode of this show called embarrassing bodies. :wtf: UK?! Why does this exist?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I need a Nipple Bandit style reading of Pycckuu's posts about GLOW.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This seems like a good time to mention that Netflix snuck on season 5 of Wentworth recently. I had no idea until I stumbled upon it.

It is the type of show you watch while chuckling, shaking your head, and saying "why the gently caress am I watching this"

I don't recall any pee pee or doo doo, though
How is that? Good for TV or just good for Australian TV?

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
Moana is amazing. I’m not a huge Disney guy, but it’s just fantastic. Incredibly beautiful too.

To overcome my crippling fear of the sounds of women using the bathroom, I put on headphones and listen to a loop of godzilla roaring at max volume during the literal hundreds of potty scenes during Glow. My wife holds up a little yellow card until the tinkling is done and then I resume watching. One time she took down the card too early and I swear I heard some pee and I had to lay down and sleep it off.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

tweet my meat posted:

Just got to the scene in GLOW where allison brie winks at the camera and shits directly onto the lens. It was an odd choice but it was still really moving and uplifting.

I can't get behind this scene, too poolitical

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

To overcome my crippling fear of the sounds of women using the bathroom, I put on headphones and listen to a loop of godzilla roaring at max volume during the literal hundreds of potty scenes during Glow.

You fool, this actually makes it more political.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tweet my meat posted:

I've been laughing uncontrollably at this post for like 10 minutes to the point that my family is worried about me and there's just no way in hell I can explain to them what I'm laughing about.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Time to try and digress from bathroom discussions:

I don't remember if it was posted in one of these threads before or not, but there is a YouTube channel called Russian Animation that uploads a bunch of old animated short films. Sometimes they upload feature length animated films, and sometimes they upload old Russian non-animated films. They recently uploaded the film version of Sadko, for those of you who are opera fans. The channel didn't seem to upload anything for a while, but then they've recently been uploading a few every day.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of gross poo poo, I'm watching the first episode of this show called embarrassing bodies. :wtf: UK?! Why does this exist?

I always seemed to catch the worst possible bits of that show when channel surfing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How is that? Good for TV or just good for Australian TV?

It's pretty ridiculous, yet I've watched 5 seasons of it now. It can be pretty dark. It does have some brief moments that I would consider legitimately good, like in season 3 one of the main characters goes through a big character arc. Come to think of it, I'd say it peaked in season 3.

I looked into my heart and I can say I recommend it, as long as you are aware it's a goofy rear end melodrama.