Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

fits my needs posted:

A kekistocracy if you will

Noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

xi chinese
xi germans
zegermans

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i mean if youre gonna die just die strokin it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yinlock posted:

again the greeks actually had a word for this

a kekistanocracy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"ehehe, owned Trump, obama has a bigger like boner on his tweets than yours :smuggo:" - someone thought this unironically ityool 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that's all of greek civilization. Serbia is true civilization of world

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

gonna tug my hog till the world ends

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Masturbating man, me 2017 after the nukes fall

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Yinlock posted:

again the greeks actually had a word for this

read the next sentence in that article

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Donald clearly bought more phones and hid them everywhere so that his Twitter access could no longer be denied

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

same

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hashtag your memes everybody

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Jive posted:

read the next sentence in that article

quote:

The word was coined as early as 1600s.[3] It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829.

:confused:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Donald clearly bought more phones and hid them everywhere so that his Twitter access could no longer be denied

i thought it was said that his staff gave up on keeping him off twitter

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

1669 nice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thomas love peacock

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

hashtag your memes everybody

#meme

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
the ongoing Radicalization of Matthew Yglesias by the Coward Very Real Modern President Donald Trump really is one of the better sub-plots of this presidency

also lol:
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/881548057665515520

quote:

“That’s just the way it goes.”

That was Gov. Chris Chrstie’s response to reporters on Saturday when asked why it was okay for his family to vacation at Island Beach State Park over the Fourth of July weekend — while everyone else was locked out of the popular destination because of the government shutdown Christie ordered, leaving state parks, beaches and other facilities closed.

“The governor has a residence at Island Beach. Others don’t,” Christie said. “Run for governor and you can have the residence.”
'let them eat cake' - chris christie, man of the people, upon reserving July 4th as a holiday solely for himself

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Global reaction:

Le Monde commenter: Ledanois Pierre Louis 02/07/2017 - 18h34
It smells strongly of the political decadence on the other side of the Atlantic. Fortunately we have Macron who staged his mobile phones on the official photos. We are only at the end of the decline.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
please nominate your next c-spam president here

e lection w eek

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
don't mind me i'm having a dry month and working overtime today so day crew as gently caress over here

Despite its Greek roots, the word was first used in English, but has been adapted into other languages. Its Greek equivalent is kakistokratia (κακιστοκρατία), Spanish kakistocracia, French kakistocracie, and Russian kakistokratiya (какистократия).[5][6][7][8]
:goonsay:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

just going to cum all over myself

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I jack off in the face of death

Two millennia later an electronic panopticon of millions of sentient intelligences gawk at my preserved corpse, god-like beings twinkling in the etherial network

Is this what it means to be eternal?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Jive posted:

don't mind me i'm having a dry month and working overtime today so day crew as gently caress over here

Despite its Greek roots, the word was first used in English, but has been adapted into other languages. Its Greek equivalent is kakistokratia (κακιστοκρατία), Spanish kakistocracia, French kakistocracie, and Russian kakistokratiya (какистократия).[5][6][7][8]
:goonsay:

yeah but i felt like credit where credit is due, greeks came up with it first

i like how they needed a word specifically for it though

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose posted:

just going to cum all over myself

he didnt acutally die from the ash, it was cum

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

he graduated magma cum laude at least

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Apraxin posted:

also lol:
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/881548057665515520

'let them eat cake' - chris christie, man of the people, upon reserving July 4th as a holiday solely for himself

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

consumed by normies posted:

he didnt acutally die from the ash, it was cum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enisEolQXnw

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is Trump killing CNN his most popular tweet? I think the taco bowl one was up there but this one has over 200k likes and 150k retweets, I can't think of another that would be more popular.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Christie would lose some weight if he got addicted to opioids

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is Trump killing CNN his most popular tweet? I think the taco bowl one was up there but this one has over 200k likes and 125k retweets, I can't think of another that would be more popular.

who cares lmbo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I just now discovered that I'm a future time traveler.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I jack off in the face of death

Two millennia later an electronic panopticon of millions of sentient intelligences gawk at my preserved corpse, god-like beings twinkling in the etherial network

Is this what it means to be eternal?

that dude will be eternally jacking off until the sun consumes the earth

and maybe even into infinity. it has to be something, but it could be infinity

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

top kek

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

who cares lmbo

I do :colbert:

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I heard that the president tweeted a video of himself wrestling a man with a CNN logo for a head, but of course that's too ridiculous to be true.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Soon the new generation of politicians and CEOs will say kek unironically

It is then that the purging of the young ones must begin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
So like what's the endgame here? Cnn is shamed in to shutting down? Becoming fox news? Idgi.

Hiring Ed balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

"ehehe, owned Trump, obama has a bigger like boner on his tweets than yours :smuggo:" - someone thought this unironically ityool 2017

I mean, you don't care, nobody sane should care, but Trump might. We're talking about a guy who insisted his inauguration crowd was larger than Obama's despite photo evidence, and did that for months. A guy who still calls his electoral college win a "landslide" every 10 days and insists that the only reason he lost the popular vote was illegal voting.

• Locked thread