Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Surely Freo have to stop resting on their laurels of 'When he's fit and healthy he da best' with Sandilands. Guy has played gently caress all for the better part of 6 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

Surely Freo have to stop resting on their laurels of 'When he's fit and healthy he da best' with Sandilands. Guy has played gently caress all for the better part of 6 seasons.

They've got that young guy who is built like a small truck and is meant to be the replacement for Sandilands, albeit he's only 201cm

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

2014 and 15 he played 23 games, the other four seasons he's only managed half that or less.

I'm just glad we picked up Darcy last season, he's not super tall but he's got some weight about him and says he models his game after Mumford. I'd like us to get another young ruck this year too.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

2014 and 15 he played 23 games, the other four seasons he's only managed half that or less.

I'm just glad we picked up Darcy last season, he's not super tall but he's got some weight about him and says he models his game after Mumford. I'd like us to get another young ruck this year too.

Oh good, another ruck running round killing people

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Diet Crack posted:

I think the main issue is they have been trying to draft a replacement for him for a long time now and keep getting spuds. I'd say when he retires (which could be pretty soon with his latest injury) they will probably be forced to make a play for an up and coming ruck like Sydney did with Mumford years ago to fill the void.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

quote:

THE AFL official who gave Bachar Houli a glowing character reference last week has been reported for his own on-field thuggery.

AFL diversity manager Ali Fahour was captured on video striking a Whittlesea opponent in a Northern Football League game on Saturday.

Fahour, playing for West Preston-Lakeside, ran past a scuffle and clocked an unsuspecting player with a right hook, before continuing to remonstrate with other players.

The Herald Sun understands the victim’s young family was watching from the sidelines.

It is not the first ugly incident Fahour has been involved in playing local football. In 2012 he was charged with misconduct after becoming involved in an altercation with a spectator while playing.

Ali Fahour after a grand final win.
Fahour, a former VFL player for Bendigo, was handed a severe reprimand by the league.

“We are aware of it, he told us on the weekend that he had been reported,” the AFL told the Herald Sun today.

“Our understanding is the tribunal is Wednesday night. Obviously from an AFL point of view our expectation within our competition is that our clubs, players and administrators follow the tribunal process.

“Therefore the AFL in this case certainly needs to do the same thing to the Northern Football League.

“There will be a tribunal this week and we need to respect that and not offer a great deal of commentary in advance, other than to confirm that yes he has a charge he needs to answer.”

The Herald Sun has asked the Northern Football League for comment.

MORE TO COME ….

:chanpop:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Diversity among Good Blokes, brings a tear to the eye really

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Diet Crack posted:

Seriously, I was watching the highlights on the AFL site and saw him and thought "Wait? I thought he'd retired?" and was questioning if they'd accidentally uploaded footage of an old game.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

dees say Viney is out for 4-6

Tyson will be a fitness test though

we are totally going to lose to carlton

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

dees say Viney is out for 4-6

Tyson will be a fitness test though

we are totally going to lose to carlton

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Turns out Champion Data were right when they said we had the worst midfield after all

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Apparently Jimmy Webster managed to stick one in eye of Suban in the melee yesterday without anyone but the tribunal picking up on it. Two weeks for that one. :whatthechrist:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

Apparently Jimmy Webster managed to stick one in eye of Suban in the melee yesterday without anyone but the tribunal picking up on it. Two weeks for that one. :whatthechrist:

IIRC, in his spare time Jimmy enjoys shooting feral pigs/roos down in his home state of Tassie. I think that pretty much explains the how and why of this situation.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow the mrp's statement is extraordinarily long this week.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Some kids are cool.

Also, Charlie Curnow was robbed of the rising star nomination this week. Boo.

And Ciaran Sheehan has been upgraded to the seniors list from rookie, given Andrew Phillips is out for the season. He had been missing from AFL for 1000+ days (since round 4 2014) due to injuries and sickness and played a great return match on Saturday.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 3, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

IIRC, in his spare time Jimmy enjoys shooting feral pigs/roos down in his home state of Tassie. I think that pretty much explains the how and why of this situation.

I admire Webster for his playing ability but he is a deadset bogan who needs to fire a brain cell every now and again. Nice working rubbing yourself out at a critical time of year. Bring on Bailey Rice.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love how in that Webster footage he goes for the gouge but misses. Then instead of considering himself lucky that he hasn't do lane anything too bad he decides to have another crack and nails it the second time.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

I admire Carlisle for his playing ability but he is a deadset bogan who needs to fire a brain cell every now and again.

The virus is spreading from full back! :gay:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

I love how in that Webster footage he goes for the gouge but misses. Then instead of considering himself lucky that he hasn't do lane anything too bad he decides to have another crack and nails it the second time.

Well he aint no Hodgy thats for sure.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Phone posting results in the dumbest typos sometimes

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Why the gently caress are the saints considering challenging Websters ban?

It's as cut and dry and it gets

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Maybe they recognise he's a dickhead who should get a longer suspension

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Danny Green posted:

It was very bad luck on Toms behalf that he actually landed the shot. He got bumped and all he sort of did was lash out with an arm. It wasnt like he was trying to hit him or trying to hurt him. He was just lashing out, Green told SENs The Run Home.

He was going for a punch to the guts or to the chest, a bit of a push-punch. There was nothing in it. (Mills) has sort of lowered his head unfortunately and it clipped him on the chin.

Obviously he doesnt have a strong chin, hes got knocked out and got concussed pretty badly. It looks far worse than what the intent of what Tom Bugg was doing.

Thats a tough one because he is probably going to get rubbed out but he didnt really do a lot. He didnt mean to knock the bloke out.

Oh ok then, not guilty! Thanks for that Danny.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Boxer in bad opinion shock.

(It is kind of surprising I guess given how vocal he has been against random acts of violence)

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

They weren't.

Richo's comments were made on 360 last night before the club had officially decided what it was going to do. As such he was basically answering in a way that didn't rule anything out cause it wasn't his job to decide at that stage.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Boxer in bad opinion shock.

(It is kind of surprising I guess given how vocal he has been against random acts of violence)

Yeah it kind of undermines his involvement in that one punch campaign

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bugg got the expected 6

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

realbez posted:

Bugg got the expected 6

Good

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

He didn't intend to whack Mills, he just turned around and punched him in the face.

INNOCENT

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

"If the thumb doesnt fit, you must aquit!"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I do like people calling Melbourne faux tough when they're 1st for pressure, 2nd in contested possessions, 3rd in tackles and 5th in clearances without a recognised ruckman for half the season.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I do like people calling Melbourne faux tough when they're 1st for pressure, 2nd in contested possessions, 3rd in tackles and 5th in clearances without a recognised ruckman for half the season.

Because you keep losing games, duh.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Because you keep losing games, duh.

I think it's actually because we won a few, no one bothered calling us anything for the last 10 years

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Or possibly it's because you've got a bunch of guys who like to smack people behind play

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think it's actually because we won a few, no one bothered calling us anything for the last 10 years

I can think of many words used to described Melbourne's previous decade

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Or possibly it's because you've got a bunch of guys who like to smack people behind play

Which would make a faux tough label make sense if we didn't also back it up with legitimately tough play on the ball.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Wonder who is gonna be captain against Carlton. I wanna see Tom McDonald do it cos of the sheer amount of poo poo he has copped from fans over the year (putting my hand up as being part of that too)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

Oh ok then, not guilty! Thanks for that Danny.

Herald Scum posted:

FRIENDS of coward-punch victim Patrick Cronin say more needs to be done to convey the anti-violence message to young Victorians.

Backed by champion boxer Danny Green, Cronin’s footy mates have united to launch a dance party night to raise funds for education initiatives. They want coward-punch education included in the high schools curriculum.

Patrick died in hospital in April after he was punched in the head after intervening in a pub brawl in Diamond Creek.

Yeah nah, but he didn't mean to actually kill the guy, hey Danny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Wonder who is gonna be captain against Carlton. I wanna see Tom McDonald do it cos of the sheer amount of poo poo he has copped from fans over the year (putting my hand up as being part of that too)

He seems the obvious choice out of whatever is left of our team.

• Locked thread